TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Have we confirmed we can trade pinks without worrying they will change back to blue?

Well, I was gifted a pink hatchling by a very kind person and it remained pink. I don't know about eggs, but I would imagine they are safe, too.

13 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Have we confirmed we can trade pinks without worrying they will change back to blue?

Just checked my action log and the one egg I traded away yesterday stayed pink (and is now a pink hatchie).

Also while digging through hatcheries to get the pink Sapphire hatchie sprite unlocked, I saw a few pink ones that had much more than the magical 4k OV's necessary for turning yellow. So guess it's save to say once Sapphires changed their colour they keep it, right? 

Edited by rinoa26

@Shokomon I just thought of something else... we need to find people with those adult sapphires (I've seen several yellow but no pink) and find out is if these critters breed true, or if they lay blue eggs. I'm betting on blue.

Edited by Fyrebird
Typo

I was just wondering if anyone got the encyclopedic entry for Floret imposters, the ones with the more feathery-esque tails rather the ones that were on the original florets?

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

@Shokomon I just thought of something else... we need to find people with those adult sapphires (I've seen several yellow but no pink) and find out is these critters breed true, or if they lay blue eggs. I'm betting on blue.

uh gosh it was awhile ago but pinks have produced blue eggs unfortunately v.v

Just now, Spyridon said:

I was just wondering if anyone got the encyclopedic entry for Floret imposters, the ones with the more feathery-esque tails rather the ones that were on the original florets?

we will not until we, the users, start having adults. its not even live before then, check the encyc for where it should be and you'll know when its up. its to prevent spoilers for the adult poses or breed name.

Okay, so I've got 4 empty egg slots I need to fill before my next egg hatches and hatchie-locks me. I also have a corporealized celestial that's leftover from my sapphire breeding.

What should I breed with it?

Options:

» itus (orange) cantomaris

» gemshard: jade, ruby, or azure

» electric

» something not release related

After reading multiple people doing it, I'm going to buy a few Sapphires from the Market to toss to the AP to turn pink. I *was* saving up to buy another Stat but I've been lucky with Stat breeding lately so that's no longer a pressing need. 

I feel like I keep missing the good AP times, lol. Saw someone earlier mention a Cantor flood and I've seen multiple people talk about more pinks in the AP at certain times, but whenever I'm around the AP is just same as usual. I've started grabbing normal non-new-release breeds though, except for the still-mysterious Florets I feel better about taking my time with the rest of the new variants now that we mostly know what's up. 

Yatta! Eight 2G PB Pink Sapphires from my 8 CB Blue Sapphire pairs are on their way to the AP right now!

23 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

This is my favorite coloration of Cantormaris

image.png.b416680bd2d9785e7b7818238708575e.png

image.png.092331c230f065f6de85a40e3fc54be4.png

Edit: I just keep looking at this. I find it to be so peaceful and calming. It is beautiful. Thank you artists.

Oh dear o_O looks like I might need like 50 of them or so... :D

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I will never be able to think of “Cerulean Blue”, without thinking “gentle breeze” xD 

Lol, just don't think about it while driving. ^^; I may have something for you after the event.

Now that the adults are here, let's see...

Not a huge fan of the chonky new Florets, TBH. Maybe they'll grow on me. The females look a bit better than the males. But that "sunset"* (first thing that popped into my head, seemed better than "peach") Floret in the original style? Gorgeous. I need a bunch.

(*Or "lesbian flag"? Lesbians have their own flag? Does everybody in the community have their own now? Not the colors I would have chosen, but not bad either.)

And I love the white Cantos! 💗 I'm still cranky about Ward being used, but they're so pretty. Glad that's how I made my CB that I snagged while everyone else was stealing my new Florets. Green ones are cool too, but I'll have to try trading for them. (Once people stop demanding CB metals all the time.) (So never?)

I like the new Gemshards, but still sad about the sprite update, and same with Coppers. They're not really drastic or bad, but I did prefer the originals.

I can't get a Pink Sapphire to save my life. When I went to the AP while it was still flooded with Celestials, I felt sure I'd grabbed at least a couple, but there were over 100 people in the AP! Competition is too fierce!

I did get a couple Electrics to Stun, though, and a stray Thunder. No new Coppers yet, sadly.

I've kinda ignored the new Pygmies and Hybrid, but they look nice. And I'm gonna stick with "Royal Purple", lol. I still get tired of all the discarded fails in the AP (hey people, breed some nice things with RBs, RCs, and Guardians!), but this is one new hybrid I can get behind.

Lotta ups and downs in this birthday, but I think maybe it's more positive than not? Minus the mechanics.

Oh, I'm not the one who came up with the idea to buy Market Sapphys and AP gift them. That was another's idea, I just joined in. :D

This gave me a new umph for the release, tbh. Just like during the holidays, I love gifting just as much as receiving, sometimes (like now) even more. There's this warm joy that fills me up. 

Unrelated to anything, I think nilias needing double fertility is sensible, in order to minimize messing with regular nilia lineages. However, I still don't like it, especially combined with the "ap'd green nilias turn blue" aspect. It should have been one or the other, even if changing the way to get greens to a way like more views would mean a repeat mechanic with the yellow sapphires.

Edited by Shadowdrake

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

Don't forget the Encyclopedia Helpers thread! ;)

Can someone give me the link please? I looked under the Help section but couldnt find it oO

42 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

But that "sunset"* (first thing that popped into my head, seemed better than "peach") Floret in the original style? Gorgeous. I need a bunch.

(*Or "lesbian flag"? Lesbians have their own flag? Does everybody in the community have their own now? Not the colors I would have chosen, but not bad either.)

They (whole community) have for quite awhile now, the most well known ones date back to 1999

21 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Unrelated to anything, I think nilias needing double fertility is sensible, in order to minimize messing with regular nilia lineages. However, I still don't like it, especially combined with the "ap'd nilias turn green" aspect. It should have been one or the other, even if changing the way to get greens to a way like more views would mean a repeat mechanic with the yellow sapphires.

Yeah, what if you double fert without realizing you're egglocked? With sapphs its okay cause you don't have to use any bsa, but ap'd turning back blue after two bsa is...annoying. (Also you typoed that to green)

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

Can someone give me the link please? I looked under the Help section but couldnt find it oO

Here you go:

32 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Unrelated to anything, I think nilias needing double fertility is sensible, in order to minimize messing with regular nilia lineages. However, I still don't like it, especially combined with the "ap'd nilias turn green" aspect. It should have been one or the other, even if changing the way to get greens to a way like more views would mean a repeat mechanic with the yellow sapphires.

Wait, you have to fertalize Nilia's AND AP the egg just for it to turn green?

I hope that's not the case, that just made getting those harder than Pink Sapphys, if so. 

Just now, Syiren said:

Wait, you have to fertalize Nilia's AND AP the egg just for it to turn green?

I hope that's not the case, that just made getting those harder than Pink Sapphys, if so. 

No, i misspoke. Ap'd green nilias turn normal, so there will never be ap green nilias.

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

No, i misspoke. Ap'd green nilias turn normal, so there will never be ap green nilias.

Oh, okay. Not gonna lie, I scrambled to find that chart to double check for a second there. S'all good. I'm relieved that's not the case. That'd put them near Stat level difficulty to grab, imo. ^^;

Here's a question. Does the Pink Sapphy have a chance to breed true, or does it ONLY turn pink by abandoning it that we know of so far? Just curious to know if its written in stone yet or not.

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Here's a question. Does the Pink Sapphy have a chance to breed true, or does it ONLY turn pink by abandoning it that we know of so far? Just curious to know if its written in stone yet or not.

There's been a decent handful of adult pinks bred now and have only seen blue eggs afaik. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210525-082425_Chrome_kindlephoto-5912944.jpg

Screenshot_20210525-083453_Chrome_kindlephoto-5858981.jpg

The moment my Sapphires turned yellow. Under the spoiler because my tablet won't let me resize the images. 

Edited by Wiz

12 hours ago, schmupti said:

This statement is one of those unexpectedly soothing things, like videos of machines making cheese.

You are seriously weird ! :lol: 

This EQ Alt. How does it work? I still have some questions here:

So I have my eggs at the ready.

I use EQ.

Then there are like 3 Outcomes, as to what may happen to any egg on scoll at the moment of EQ, right?

a) Dead Egg

b) prematurely hatches

c) nothing happens to egg

Which of the above eggs would be turned?

a+b+c? So any and all Cantor eggs on scroll at the time of EQ?

Or only those that hatch prematurely? Or only those that are not affected?

Can I influence before or after? Or is both possible?

Halp?