TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The Action Log really is one of the most useful 'quality-of-life' updates we've had, imo. I routinely check it to see the exact times my freezes come off cooldown, for example. 

Just grabbed a Cantor in the AP, trying to decide whether to Ward it and let it hatch white or try EQ again since I don't have many eggs.... Wait, no, I have over-6-day eggs, not risking it.

i kind of wish there was a log that records the last 50 hatchlings that matured into adults. I hate having to add single rows at a time to my spreadsheet and it's a pain if I didn't catch them in groups to make it easier. Like right now, when there's hours between captures and the hatchlings gender at different times. I can only rely on the action so much if I actually used a BSA on it. Oh wait, it might be easier to code for the action log to display when hatchlings to grow up.

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

Someone on UoD had an EQ'd adult and bred it

Reveal hidden contents

which resulted in a gold Iris variant!

Do you know what they bred it with? Was it a PB breeding or crossbreeding?

(Did they by chance include it on the birthday experiment worksheet?)

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Do you know what they bred it with? Was it a PB breeding or crossbreeding?

(Did they by chance include it on the birthday experiment worksheet?)

Crossbreeding

17 minutes ago, Kojayo said:

Excellent idea. Except, I don't think I have any other florets. If I do, I can't find them.. 😅

You know you can sort your scroll by breed, right? And then put it back (unless you're on legacy sort, which will go away as an option if you ever change it — but it's by breed anyway, just a quirky one).

The only thing I'm not sure of, is if it "remembers" a custom sort so that you can come back to it later.

21 minutes ago, Kojayo said:

Excellent idea. Except, I don't think I have any other florets. If I do, I can't find them.. 😅

If you create a group for Florets, you can choose to add any other dragons of the same breed :) 

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

You know you can sort your scroll by breed, right? And then put it back (unless you're on legacy sort, which will go away as an option if you ever change it — but it's by breed anyway, just a quirky one).

The only thing I'm not sure of, is if it "remembers" a custom sort so that you can come back to it later.

i can tell you that yes if you change to a custom sort it will uncheck the legacy sort box....😪

@Kojayo If you view your dragons there is a filter box that lets you temp sort your scroll. You can set it to sort by breed. This way you won't loose your scroll sort. Its at the top right of your scroll.

image.png.b497ea152bfe5afa1376c529a99acd7f.png

Edited by Dinala1641882

1 minute ago, Dinala1641882 said:

i can tell you that yes if you change to a custom sort it will uncheck the legacy sort box....😪

This is why I can't say for sure about any of the other sort options. I love my quirky legacy sort so I'm holding on to it as long as TJ allows it to stay.

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

This is why I can't say for sure about any of the other sort options. I love my quirky legacy sort so I'm holding on to it as long as TJ allows it to stay.

I was trying to hold onto it too. I wanted to have my eggs and hatchlings at the top of my scroll and the box wouldn't stay checked and after fiddling around with things, I lost the legacy sort when I didn't mean to.

How am I just now realizing (or maybe I keep forgetting) that Dragon Cave's birthday is the day after mine...

On 5/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, Fyrebird said:

I've been intrigued by tetrachromia since I read about it in a story. I'd ask what it's like, but how can you describe colors other people can't see?

It’s hard to describe. Let’s just say I can see very subtle differences in shades. I’ll use the rainbow case: everyone says the visible rainbow (to humans) is ROYGBIV. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. For me, it’s maroon, red, red-orange, orange, goldenrod, yellow, green, turquoise, light blue, royal blue, indigo, violet, silver.

In everyday use, pastels bore me. I prefer spice and jewel tones, they’re more interesting. Colours for me are more saturated, deeper, and I can discriminate between subtle shades. In another example, I watched a video about a car that was painted Mousou Black, “the blackest black.” Most people look at tires and think, “that’s black,” but the tires, against the Mousou Black body panels, actually looked almost silver to me.

2 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

It’s hard to describe. Let’s just say I can see very subtle differences in shades. I’ll use the rainbow case: everyone says the visible rainbow (to humans) is ROYGBIV. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. For me, it’s maroon, red, red-orange, orange, goldenrod, yellow, green, turquoise, light blue, royal blue, indigo, violet, silver.

In everyday use, pastels bore me. I prefer spice and jewel tones, they’re more interesting. Colours for me are more saturated, deeper, and I can discriminate between subtle shades. In another example, I watched a video about a car that was painted Mousou Black, “the blackest black.” Most people look at tires and think, “that’s black,” but the tires, against the Mousou Black body panels, actually looked almost silver to me.

I can just imagine taking you to go see the aurora borealis/astralis. XD To be able to see silver in nature (besides the ones in the noble metal group) is fascinating.

Makes me wonder if that car was going to be used in some illegal activities. Nice note though. I do know some companies that deal with shades and tones that they have their quality techs go through testing every year to make sure they don't lose their touch. I wonder if they also have tetrachromia.

Sometimes, the subtle differences in the sprites go right over my head.

12 minutes ago, Vain.3805 said:

How am I just now realizing (or maybe I keep forgetting) that Dragon Cave's birthday is the day after mine...

I'll be honest... I only knew the date because I just came back to DC and was on the encyclopedia to get a list of all the dragons that had been released while I was gone. I noticed several "released May 21 YYYY as part of the xxth birthday". So I put a note at the top of my spreadsheet to remind myself to have my egg slots empty on the 21st.

Now, it just so happens that it's my youngest sister's birthday, but I don't know if that'll be enough to remind me.

11 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

I didnt even know this was a thing and now I'm painfully jealous your rainbows include silver. Someones got to have done art of that right?

Do the Cantos eggs have to 'hatch' from Earthquake to turn green? Or does it only need the action to be performed and the eggs don't die?

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Do the Cantos eggs have to 'hatch' from Earthquake to turn green? Or does it only need the action to be performed and the eggs don't die?

No as they be unaffected by the EQ. 2 of 5 did not hatch when the EQ happened. They were still green a few minutes later when they hatched a few minutes as they were ER.

Edited by Spyridon

5 minutes ago, Syiren said:

They just have to survive the earthquake. And now I'm wondering, when the hatchling survives but runs away, where does it go—AP or wilderness? (Unofficial wiki doesn't say.)

Has anybody had this happen?

Earthquakers may want to record their codes ahead of time so we can track this. If it goes to the wilderness it will say so right away. And if it goes to the wilderness, we need to keep the poor little guy in a hatchery so it still grows up.

10 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

They just have to survive the earthquake. And now I'm wondering, when the hatchling survives but runs away, where does it go—AP or wilderness? (Unofficial wiki doesn't say.)

Earthquakers may want to record their codes ahead of time so we can track this. If it goes to the wilderness it will say so right away. And if it goes to the wilderness, we need to keep the poor little guy in a hatchery so it still grows up.

Its AP, always been so. Things that are growing cannot go wild, all wild hatchies are frozen. 

15 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

No as they be unaffected by the EQ. 2 of 5 did not hatch when the EQ happened. They were still green a few minutes later when they hatched a few minutes as they were ER.

7 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Sweet! Thank you both so much. I was worried when it said they were both unaffected, but I was more relieved that they didn't die. ^_^;

That being said, before I EQ'd, I did gift 3 CB Pink Sapphys to the AP before doing so. :D

Just wanna pop back in here and say that I have a pink sapphire hatchie that is solidly past the 4k mark, so it seems we don't need to worry about them changing :)

3 hours ago, acm1923 said:

Has anyone hatched any orange Gemshards yet? I bought one from the market this past Sunday and it hatched Green.. so curious about them and the Florets! 

Saturday is supposed to be the orange gemshard day. I bought mine on Saturday and it hatched accordingly: https://dragcave.net/lineage/VTvWt

So bred a Sapphire egg and I fogged it right away so that it has no views of any kind. I'm going to keep it that way till its low time and see if it turns.

1 hour ago, Dinala1641882 said:

@Kojayo If you view your dragons there is a filter box that lets you temp sort your scroll. You can set it to sort by breed. This way you won't loose your scroll sort. Its at the top right of your scroll.

image.png.b497ea152bfe5afa1376c529a99acd7f.png

I gave it a try. If the other florets are sorted with the peaches, then no, I don't have any other colors. 😔 That's the downside of being a returnee during a birthday release I guess. I'll get to work on acquiring some...  In the meantime, hopefully someone else can try some pairings soon! 

17 hours ago, High Lord November said:
  17 hours ago, daba555 said:

This might be stupid, but what if everyone that wanted pink Sapphire eggs bought a few eggs from the market and abandoned them, as some people have done?  Of course, this involves people being nice enough not to grab all they see, and also people to see the message, and want to try it.

Exactly - pink sapphire availability is 100% dependent on how many people take the time to breed and abandon their sapphires. If everyone put out a little bit of effort, we'd have a ton of pink sapphires in the AP! I've bred about half of mine so far. I don't want to see people complaining about how hard they are to get when they haven't taken the time to breed their own sapphires (and encourage others to breed)!

And I made my husband get 4 of them, hahahaha!!!  I know that breeding means you don't have to hold onto them, but personally, I would want CB's, unless it's bred with something I would use anyway.

I might breed some with silver or gold.  I think they'd look pretty!  I saw where auto-abandon doesn't turn them pink?  So I have to wait till I have room.

I am a little curious to ask those who said they only want CB eggs how many they themselves have gotten and abandoned, but I decided not to ask, because if even one person says "Oh, I am not going to do that, I only want you all to do that", well, I think it'd ruin my fun :(