TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

3 hours ago, RainDear said:

I want to publicly thank you. This is over the top generosity. Love you.

3 hours ago, AwkwardAvian said:

As someone with slow internet I just want to say thank you. You are so sweet to do this. I feel like a lot of players just think about themselves (understandably), but people like you make this game so much better!

3 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

This is extraordinarily generous of you! ❤️ Thank you! ❤️

I have a pair of 2nd gens & I'm hoping to be free when a wall shows up so I can grab a few more as CB doesn't matter that much to me. That said, I want to thank you again for your kind offer to help others with their scroll goals! ❤️

Aww, you guys are sweethearts. Thank you! You're gonna make me blush. I do enjoy gifting quite a lot, and I have the means to help so I figured it's the least I could do. What else to make a birthday fun than PRESENTS?!

With the gemshards, is it the day when they are laid, or the day they hatch?

1 minute ago, Nectaris said:

With the gemshards, is it the day when they are laid, or the day they hatch?

Laid/stolen.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Laid/stolen.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, daba555 said:

And I made my husband get 4 of them, hahahaha!!! 

I picked up Market eggs to abandon and hope my husband can catch them, haha! If he doesn't get them, someone will, but if he does I'm gonna be excited to know AP 'trading' isn't terribly hard when people work together. Makes me hopeful to see a thread with people posting when they abandon Pink Saphs.

3 minutes ago, Serotina said:

I picked up Market eggs to abandon and hope my husband can catch them, haha! If he doesn't get them, someone will, but if he does I'm gonna be excited to know AP 'trading' isn't terribly hard when people work together. Makes me hopeful to see a thread with people posting when they abandon Pink Saphs.

I doubt I can get his eggs, or he mine, but that's why I was hoping a lot of people would do this, instead of being grabby and greedy.

These are pretty cheap at 200 each, too.

Edit:  Serotina, I don't think a thread will help the slower of us.  It would probably help the faster ones be on hand.  I am going to leave it for chance and hope for the best :)  Eventually, at some point, there will be fewer people looking for them.

Edited by daba555

6 minutes ago, daba555 said:

These are pretty cheap at 200 each, too.

They are. But it is also unsustainable over the long run, since we can only earn 100 shards/week. Hopefully we will also be able to catch some in the cave to abandon as well, but that could be harder as long as demand is high.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

They are. But it is also unsustainable over the long run, since we can only earn 100 shards/week. Hopefully we will also be able to catch some in the cave to abandon as well, but that could be harder as long as demand is high.

Oh, well, I guess I forget that I rarely buy anything, so it's built up.  My hubby never buys anything, as far as I know, unless I ask him to.  

Well, still, it's not like the Staterae, right?  

I did see a bred blue one in the AP, which I didn't catch, and I wonder if it had auto-abandoned?  And if someone re-abandoned it, would it turn pink?

1 minute ago, daba555 said:

I did see a bred blue one in the AP, which I didn't catch, and I wonder if it had auto-abandoned?  And if someone re-abandoned it, would it turn pink?

Almost definitely, and yes. If it's in the AP and blue, it was auto-abandoned. If somebody grabs it and drops it back, it turns pink.

Does anyone know the logic behind the Cantormaris sorting? I thought it was alphabetical-ish by color (Cantormaris, Cantormaris Blue, etc.), but it looks like Motus/Green sorts at the end and that doesn't fit.

I know it's not much, especially because people want CBs (me included) but I bred all of my Sapphires (9 of them) with holiday dragons. Despite wishing I could have them for myself, (can you even re-catch eggs you bred and abandoned?) I hope someone likes them 😕

I'd buy market ones to AP but I'm saving my shards for another Statrae and I'm close to getting it...since the pair I bought when they first were available refused 

1 hour ago, Gealach said:

Saturday is supposed to be the orange gemshard day. I bought mine on Saturday and it hatched accordingly: https://dragcave.net/lineage/VTvWt

Thanks! I actually just hatched an AP catch bred on Saturday thats Orange so happy with that! :D 

Now for those Florets ❤️... please be something that doesn't make my brain hurt to figure out.. 🙏

23 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Does anyone know the logic behind the Cantormaris sorting? I thought it was alphabetical-ish by color (Cantormaris, Cantormaris Blue, etc.), but it looks like Motus/Green sorts at the end and that doesn't fit.

Its just how they're put into the encyc, same with gemshards. 

19 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

I know it's not much, especially because people want CBs (me included) but I bred all of my Sapphires (9 of them) with holiday dragons. Despite wishing I could have them for myself, (can you even re-catch eggs you bred and abandoned?) I hope someone likes them 😕

I'd buy market ones to AP but I'm saving my shards for another Statrae and I'm close to getting it...since the pair I bought when they first were available refused 

If you are the last one to abandon something, you cannot pick it up until someone else does and drops it again.

40 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

17 minutes ago, Tini said:

If you are the last one to abandon something, you cannot pick it up until someone else does and drops it again.

I know we are collectively trying to send plenty of pinks to the AP for others, but I just thought I'd put this out there: If you *auto* abandon the egg, ie breed it when locked, it doesn't change. Some people are picking up blues they find and then re-abandoning them to turn them pink. Therefore, theoretically you might have a better chance at re-grabbing your own eggs if you auto them, because people will be more likely to pick it up and toss it back. ... Possibly. 

On 5/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, Odeen said:

Updated gemmie avatars for all your gemmie avatar needs! Ruby/jade/sapphire are unchanged, I just like rainbows.

njv3wdW.pngpcL2RkA.pngbesgIV6.pngyuuwk8m.png4kc96OX.pngMBTnd04.png
MLnquLB.gif

These are so nice.

Anyone willing to help me out a moment? I'm having a hard time telling if this egg (lineage view) is a Rainbow copper like its parent (which I suspect it is) or the new copper.

Mystery solved

Edited by ShorahNagi

1 minute ago, ShorahNagi said:

Anyone willing to help me out a moment? I'm having a hard time telling if this egg (lineage view) is a Rainbow copper like its parent (which I suspect it is) or the new copper.

My vote is the new copper.

Just now, ShorahNagi said:

It looks like a rainbow to me, if it was a new copper it would have no blue whatsoever

Just now, blockEdragon said:

It looks like a rainbow to me, if it was a new copper it would have no blue whatsoever

What blue?

5 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

It's rainbow Copper - uses the same image name as the rainbow version in the Encyclopedia.

(on its view page, naturally, not the lineage tile)

5 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

What blue?

The grey at the right looks bluish on some monitors/screens.

13 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

What blue?

I think they're referring to the small amount of shading on the upper right hand corner of the egg. Which comparing to the image on the wiki of the new egg - they're right that there's no shading

Ah well, guess I'll try again in a week (All my coppers gave the egg of the other breed, except one who refused, and the two who threw the wrong copper type)

@Ruby Eyes Thanks for the confirmation! Didn't think to check the image URL

All that aside, I now own 3 Royals, 2 green Nilia, and what will become 2 alternate electrics...and one additional regular electric for gender balance purposes XD

Edited by ShorahNagi

7 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I think they're referring to the small amount of shading on the upper right hand corner of the egg. Which comparing to the image on the wiki of the new egg - they're right that there's no shading

Ah well, guess I'll try again in a week (All my coppers gave the egg of the other breed, except one who refused, and the two who threw the wrong copper type)

@Ruby Eyes Thanks for the confirmation! Didn't think to check the image URL

Now that's really subtle. Didn't think of that either.

So I'm still lost about the Electric, Florets' new sprite (seems to me that's the only difference, I could be wrong tho) and the hybrid. Can someone tell me how to get these please? :S

1 minute ago, Kaiserf11 said:

So I'm still lost about the Electric, Florets' new sprite (seems to me that's the only difference, I could be wrong tho) and the hybrid. Can someone tell me how to get these please? :S

new electrics need to have hatchlings stunned. peach florets were cave released while the other two are still being figured out on how to get them. maybe breeding, but unsure.

the purple hybrid? crimson royal X blue royal.