TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 hour ago, BlitzDrake said:

I know it's not much, especially because people want CBs (me included) but I bred all of my Sapphires (9 of them) with holiday dragons. Despite wishing I could have them for myself, (can you even re-catch eggs you bred and abandoned?) I hope someone likes them 😕

I'd buy market ones to AP but I'm saving my shards for another Statrae and I'm close to getting it...since the pair I bought when they first were available refused 

I'm pretty sure they will make people very happy :)  

9 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

new electrics need to have hatchlings stunned. peach florets were cave released while the other two are still being figured out on how to get them. maybe breeding, but unsure.

the purple hybrid? crimson royal X blue royal.

Oh ok. I did get the peach florets from cave so yeah, the ones still being figured out were the ones I was asking for, thanks. Big thanks for the other info, I just bred my first purple hybrid pairing! :D

45 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

What blue?

If you look closely there's a slight bluish shading to the sprite that the new ones lack.

5 hours ago, Falorni said:

It was bred to Purple Iris, I dunno if @KrazyKarp added it onto the sheet!

It has been added to the sheet (hopefully correctly) for anyone who wishes to view the data; thanks for the ping!

Do we know if the green Nilias revert to blue if abandoned as a hatchling?

I just came back to say oh my goodness, that royal eminence dragon 😍💙🤍👌 love love love that one!!! But they all do look nice, good job artists! I'm just gonna need me about thirty of those royal dragons 🤧 definitely another favorite. 

My guess for the Florets. Right now we have:

!.Gold (Iris) available in Alpine (cool)

2.Purple (Iris) available in Forest (cool)

3.Peach (Lily) available in Jungle (warm)

So is it possible we will have at some point:

4.Pink (Iris) available in Coast (cool)

5.Blue (Lily) available in Desert (warm)

6.Bronze (Lily) available in Volcano (warm)?

I apologize if I am not using the preferred color names. I have no explanation for why if they are all biome specific, they weren't released together, but this did occur to me as a way that makes sense, since so far we haven't been able to breed for the other 3 types outside of a glitch period.

Edited by RainDear
missed point. correction

I think my sincere hope before the end of this event (if there even is an end?) is to get a pair of CB Pink Sapphires! After a few days of catching, I've managed a highly treasured 3g hatchling... I've bred all my CB Sapphires with CB Blusangs and abandoned them a few days ago (with the color scheme of the hatchlings, I hoped the adults would match, though the crimson stripe throws a bit of a wrench in things), I've purchased and abandoned all the Sapphires I had room for (forgetting the five hour abandon cooldown for MP eggs... whoops XD ) and abandoned them, and I've hunted and hunted some more, but I think my timing in the AP is a bit iffy. Either that, or my skills have rusted considerably. :')

Pink Sapphires are the one breed I'm worried for, as I never go on the AP during normal gameplay- my highest level of involvement with the AP normally is my occasional mass breedings (odd phrase, but nothing else can really describe it?) across my scroll of rare/super rares which get chucked into the AP immediately. I'm also worried, although I have high high hopes, that after the event, CB Pink Sapphires will be insanely uncommon or even ultra rare... maybe even as unobtainable as Stateraes, and of course not purchasable due to their mechanics.

On the plus side, this is the most hours I've spent on DC in the past year. XD Maybe barring Staterae/Xenowyrms, although I don't think even that can compare for me.

Thank you to all the excellent detectives and experimenters so far, you rock! And, of course, a big thank you to all the spriters. :D Thank you for a fun birthday, DC!

On 5/22/2021 at 2:23 AM, Shokomon said:
  • Got a "Floret" egg - Got it from the jungle; it's a shiny orange.
  • Got a Cantomaris egg - Warded; expect a white hatchling. Now sorts beneath the Iratus. 
  • Got a Sapphire egg - Hidden: to be added to hatcheries later on today. Will track views: Currently - 6,1,1. 
  • Got a Nilla egg - Used Fertility on both parents. Got a green egg.
  • Got a Electric egg - To be stunned upon hatching to see if sprite changes dramatically. So far the stunned and unstunned S1 look the same to me, and so does TJ's on the front page? None of his are blue. So, I wanna check. 
  • Got a Gemshard egg - Bred at the top of the hour!  Sorts above Green Gemshards... So it will be Green? *shrug*

Update! 

• My Floret hatched into a S1 Floret Alstro (Pink.)
  • The Cantomaris egg hatched into a lovely pastel~ Tutlea Cantomaris S1.
  • The Sapphire I posted earlier about had turned yellow and was yeeted off into the AP as a pink test. It stayed yellow!
  • My green Nilia hatched!
  • My Electric egg hatched into an S1 hatchling, and stunned it. Now, I can tell that the difference! 
    • Electric_hatchling_stunned_alt.gifVS Electric_hatchling.gif : It's faint, but the Blue S1 is ever so slightly blue toned. The horns, feet, and belly are slightly greener, and the eyes are a dull pale blue. It's also slightly darker general body tone. The eye is the most obvious difference to me. Hope that helps somebody. 
  • My Gemshard hatched into a Citrine! It was laid on Saturday, May 22, 2021.

Also, in case anyone needs it, and to gather data:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

I also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday and Wednesday Gemshards. for documentation.

Edit: Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

Edited by Shokomon

I like the new florets but I'm kind of confused by the colors. To me it looks like there are now two purple sets, two gold sets, and two of the new peach sets. I know people were originally calling them by the egg colors, but is there a new naming scheme at this point? I haven't kept up with the thread so I would be grateful if someone would bring me up to speed!

22 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Update! 

• The Sapphire I posted earlier about had turned yellow and was yeeted off into the AP as a pink test. It stayed yellow!
  • My Electric egg hatched into an S1 hatchling, and stunned it. Now, I can tell that the difference! 
    • Electric_hatchling_stunned_alt.gifVS Electric_hatchling.gif : It's faint, but the Blue S1 is ever so slightly blue toned. The horns, feet, and belly are slightly greener, and the eyes are a dull pale blue. It's also slightly darker general body tone. The eye is the most obvious difference to me. Hope that helps somebody. 
  • My Gemshard hatched into a Citrine! It was laid on Saturday, May 22, 2021.

Nice confirmation for yellow eggs not turning pink and I second that the eye's the easiest way to tell with electrics. Its an overall darker blue tone

7 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

I like the new florets but I'm kind of confused by the colors. To me it looks like there are now two purple sets, two gold sets, and two of the new peach sets. I know people were originally calling them by the egg colors, but is there a new naming scheme at this point? I haven't kept up with the thread so I would be grateful if someone would bring me up to speed!

It's just gold/yellow, purple, and pink/peach (Personally I use gold and peach (or lesbian), others use yellow and pink) there's not separate color names per type. Pixx pipped in with official names for the two types of floret (Iris for the old ones, and Alstroemeria for the new. Alstro for short)

So on the first post the order is Iris peach, Alstro peach, Alstro purple, Alstro gold.

Edited by Tini

So after watching all these new things for a while...

I was really afraid the new Copper would complicate my copper breeding plans even further. Like the male sprite a lot more so always have to make sure the mate's biome matches or it's from the market. But had no plans to breed electric element dragons unless for the alts now. So I can just appreciate more coppers. ^^ And the changes are super subtle. If I could choose I'd prefer the coloration of the old ones, but the shading has improved, so that's good.

Disliked the new Gemshard adults at first. Very much disliked the edit to the old ones! But after looking at them for some time I can now appreciate the art improvement. Still like the old shapes better, but ehh changes will happen and they are subtle enough. And oh boy do I LOVE the new mechanics for the colours! I am incredibly thankful for that. And hey chaos day still allows for random happy little miscolour breeding. :D

The chonky chicken Florets probably are among my new favourites. The colours are so nice and the whole sprite is just fabulous. I see myself starting to collect.
Same goes for the green Cantors. Not much interest in the breed overall, but this one colour? All of them please! Not happy I'll have to EQ those precious eggs, but at least I can do that on my own OR trade. White is also pretty, they look so ethereal with the pastels.

Never been interested in Sapphires. Nice new sprites, still not interested, so personally glad I will not have to worry too much about getting my hands on them with the mechanics.

New Hybrids, Nilias and Electrics all look really pretty and the mechanics also feel unproblematic.

Was quite overwhelmed at first, but after letting it all sink in I gotta say I am really pleased with the whole release! So huge thanks to everyone who worked on that! And also to all the people who do dragon science and find out all the new mechanics and put them in nice, understanable format for anyone too dumb/ lazy/ scared to loose eggs/ busy/ whatever to figure out themselves. I am always grateful. ^^

26 minutes ago, Tini said:

Nice confirmation for yellow eggs not turning pink and I second that the eye's the easiest way to tell with electrics. Its an overall darker blue tone

It's just gold/yellow, purple, and pink/peach (Personally I use gold and peach, others use yellow and pink) there's not separate color names per type. Pixx pipped in with official names for the two types of floret (Iris for the old ones, and Alstroemeria for the new. Alstro for short)

Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Edit: Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

Updated my floret test breeding with all the new info. I just put M for male and F for female. Let me know if you'd rather have that spelled out.

My new alstro florets should start growing up just after midnight. (I think the first ones were in the 00:20 drop and I got the first pair quickly.) Has anybody created a test plan, or are we just winging it at the beginning?

Edit: Just checked the time, and I guess they didn't hatch right away because they say they are still at 4d3h for adulthood, which means it will be after 2 when they hatch. Don't know if I'll stay up that late.

Edited by Fyrebird
Update on time.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Do we know if the green Nilias revert to blue if abandoned as a hatchling?

Sorry for the repeat, but I have a hatchling with only 4 hours left and I would like to abandon it for someone else to grab, but if it's just gonna go blue I will put it in departures.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry for the repeat, but I have a hatchling with only 4 hours left and I would like to abandon it for someone else to grab, but if it's just gonna go blue I will put it in departures.

I don't know. I haven't seen it tested. 

Unless anyone else can verify?

Since we know for sure that, blue eggs revert, better be safe than sorry, and make a teleport for it.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I don't think many people ended up with green nilias, and those that did mostly want to keep them. I'd err on the side of caution and just throw it in departures, unless you wanna be the test subject.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm afraid I don't know. The testing sheet says will turn blue if abandoned and stay green if traded, but that was eggs. I don't see anywhere that says if anybody tried with hatchlings.

Ehheheeeheheheh.

Gemshards are punny.

Red Gemshards are Rubies.

You get Ruby Gemshards on Tuesday.

Ruby Tuesday.

EehehhahshehehehheeehehE.

Tumb.png

I just bought two Sapphires from the market (currently egg-locked now) and will be abandoning them to the AP once they're off cool-down. It's not much, but at least there'll be two more pink Sapphires to find out there!

Edited by Rhikasa

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Ehheheeeheheheh.

Gemshards are punny.

Red Gemshards are Rubies.

Ruby Tuesday.

EehehhahshehehehheeehehE.

Holy snaps! I didn't even think of that. XD So Freaking Hilarious!

14 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Ruby Tuesday.

Unless they decide to change the order. Then it's Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday.

(Talking 'bout my generation here. Old fogeys unite... right after our afternoon naps.)

1 hour ago, Tini said:

I don't think many people ended up with green nilias, and those that did mostly want to keep them. I'd err on the side of caution and just throw it in departures, unless you wanna be the test subject.

Well, someone had to do it, so . . .

I can confirm that hatchlings also revert to blue when abandoned. :(  https://dragcave.net/lineage/eySji

Did any one ever prove that we can or cannot get Coppers from Electric-secondary dragons? 

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

I also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!