TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

37 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Unless they decide to change the order. Then it's Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday.

(Talking 'bout my generation here. Old fogeys unite... right after our afternoon naps.)

Perfect names for the rolling gemstones... XD

(and I can see a new lineage forming here, "when you change with every new day..."  Is my age showing?)

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, someone had to do it, so . . .

I can confirm that hatchlings also revert to blue when abandoned. :(  https://dragcave.net/lineage/eySji

Oh, bother. Making a note. @Shokomon you should note on the confirmed section that this applies to both eggs and hatchlings for the new nilia color.

@purplehaze, would you put the experiment in the birthday experiment spreadsheet? Or give permission for us to do so?

33 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I can confirm that hatchlings also revert to blue when abandoned. :(  https://dragcave.net/lineage/eySji

Is that just for abandoning, or does it also count for trading? I tried breeding mine, but I only have 4 CB Nillia and I have to wait a few days to breed them.

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Oh, bother. Making a note. @Shokomon you should note on the confirmed section that this applies to both eggs and hatchlings for the new nilia color.

@purplehaze, would you put the experiment in the birthday experiment spreadsheet? Or give permission for us to do so?

You may certainly add it.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Is that just for abandoning, or does it also count for trading? I tried breeding mine, but I only have 4 CB Nillia and I have to wait a few days to breed them.

People have traded the aqua nilias with no problem. It's just abandoning that causes them to revert to blue.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You may certainly add it.

Done. Thanks!

TJ, when you finally freeze these hatchies, make sure to go back in time and freeze last birthdays and the original floret release too hehe

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

51 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

oh no D::: thank you for the test though. You will be remembered.

Psssst look what I found  breeding an old purple and a new peach

Oops let’s try that again 

MO8tF.gifl

39EECBF7-30E2-4956-BD13-9AF6B4C0ABD4.jpeg

Edited by Wurldpeaz

27 minutes ago, Wurldpeaz said:

Psssst look what I found  breeding an old purple and a new peach

Cool! Though you might want to replace that link with a screenshot of the lineage so it doesn't get killed.

Are you participating in the birthday experiment spreadsheet? It may be that it matters that only the mother was CB. This is only the second breeding of the new florets I've heard of; the first was also to a purple iris, and gave a gold iris egg. I don't know anything about the parents.

ZOMG Just checked and my first pair has matured!!

... And the Peachberry Dynasty begins with the birth of an heir.

Spoiler

BirthAnnouncement.png.d29147887e3ed394aa92b40c4e9d4c16.png

Edited by Fyrebird
Add birth announcement

Oh and someone else had a gold and peach do the same after I had posted mine in discord  so that is interesting also and worth further experimenting 

I just got forums to work for me again so I haven’t been able to  participate in much 

19 minutes ago, Wurldpeaz said:

I just got forums to work for me again so I haven’t been able to  participate in much 

Participation can be just entering what you've tried. You can leave the analysis to others if you like. The most important thing is, as Number 5 said, "Input."

i feel like the cave drops shouldve bin the old lineart if im honest

and you can breed the fluffy versions 

also i hatched two citrine gemshards! i bought them sunday so two of mine hatched green and two hatched orange ❤️

I finally managed to catch two gemshards on chaos Sunday and apparently got supremely bad luck because both came out regular old ruby... 

Shame it looks like at this point the other Florets will be hybrids. I would kill for CB Alstro Purples and Golds.

Here's what I got:

With old purple Floret x new peach Floret I got a new purple Floret egg

And with old gold Floret x new peach Floret I got a new peach Floret egg

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.33.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.34.02 PM.png

Edited by oilbird

EEEEEKKK look at that we are finally starting to figure out the Florets!! ... And by 'we' I mean you wonderful people in the thread, lol. My peach Floret just grew up, haven't bred it yet.

edit: Bred a purple Floret with my peach adult and got... A peach egg. Wondering if there are specifics for breeding the other types or if it's random. (For information's sake, I bred exactly the same as the screenshot above that got blue, a cb male purple with a cb female peach.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I had to hide the egg for now I wonder if it was time related.  Mine occurred just before 1 am  est and the other person followed shorty after with a bronze result as well

I saw someone bred pink alstros together and produced a gold alstro egg.👀 I removed the codes from the image because they are not mine, but here's the screenshot.

Screenshot_20210526-155102_Chrome.jpg

wow, finally saw the adult sprites. they look incredible! i'm obsessed with the new swampy cantos. i bet they'll look great with my favorite terrae! also adore the new floret color and the new gemshards. this lean towards more pastel and dainty colors is a really nice touch. we have a lot of bold primary colors and jewel tones so its nice to see something lighter. incredible work, spriters.

29 minutes ago, Wurldpeaz said:

@Fyrebird

please let me know if my entry saved if not I can re enter :)

Looks good!

@oilbird and @prllx, please enter the breeding info in the spreadsheet. Please use refer to your scroll's action log to get an exact time of breeding. As @Wurldpeaz said, there may be a time factor. Who knows? I'm anxiously waiting for my next one to mature (any time now) so I can cross it with a female gold iris.

My two peaches gave me a peach, and here we see two peaches giving a bronze, so definitely it is not a straightforward hybrid.

Just seen on the trade hub - so just info and no links or anything:

male purple Floret x female peach Floret = lavender Floret

male peach Floret x female gold Floret = brown Floret