TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Just sent 3 Market-Sapphires to the AP, it's not much but hopefully if we keep this up after the new-release hype calms it might be easier for people to get the pinks. I'll also be grabbing/abandoning some from the biomes later (ie, when things calm and I can actually find them again!). I very much agree it's frustrating to *have* to rely on the goodwill and selflessness of other users in order to get a variant but I'm still cautiously hopefully that we can make this work! ^_^

The EQ Cantor is my biggest headache for sure, based on other's reports I was hoping EQ had been given a large boost in success due to this new mechanic but I have two dead eggshells sitting there. For a 'power-user' like me, who very very rarely has lots of empty eggslots and very rarely has all slots filled with one specific breed, this is just frustrating. There is nothing fun about having to avoid hunting and picking up different eggs and just sitting and waiting for your Cantors to get enough stats and low-timed enough that EQ has a better chance of not killing them. That said, I'm trying to remain hopeful that trading hatchlings will become relatively common (the way it sort of was becoming with the original variants).

I keep messing up my math, so I'll just ask: Does anyone have peach-Floret adults yet? Or is it too soon? I believe Florets are the only ones left that are still a mystery and it's been long enough now that it's becoming more 'sit and wait is frustrating' than 'oohhh exciting!'. At least to me. 

2 hours ago, kerrikins said:

Ehhhhhh, this could be annoying. Are we supposed to fog them once hatched to keep the blue colour? o_o It's not so bad if blue turns yellow, but if pink turns...! I hope that turns out to be incorrect. 

I don't think the pinks turn after hatching Have seen very high view counts. Just keep it low until then!

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I keep messing up my math, so I'll just ask: Does anyone have peach-Floret adults yet? Or is it too soon? I believe Florets are the only ones left that are still a mystery and it's been long enough now that it's becoming more 'sit and wait is frustrating' than 'oohhh exciting!'. At least to me. 

I have 2 CB peachy florets, they will grow up tomorrow.

I bred all my florets (both purple and gold) with celestials and moonstones, not a single new floret *pouts* 😡

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Someone on UoD had an EQ'd adult and bred it

Spoiler

which resulted in a gold Iris variant!

Edited by Falorni

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Bombarded them as soon as I had incubated and warded (right after I go them) to over 2000 views, when they got sick (after 3 1/2 hours) hid them, let them sit a bit after they recovered and then bombarded them some more.

Thanks!

Has anyone hatched any orange Gemshards yet? I bought one from the market this past Sunday and it hatched Green.. so curious about them and the Florets! 

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

For those who are worried about getting CB Pink Sapphires, please feel free to message me! I'm trying to put my salts and CB prize to good use and trading for Cb pink saphs where/when I can, so I'll try to maintain a list and send some saphs down the line whenever possible ☺️

I want to publicly thank you. This is over the top generosity. Love you.

23 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sunday - chaos day (any color)

Monday - Jade

Tuesday - Ruby

Wednesday - Sapphire

Thursday - Amethyst

Friday - Aqua

Saturday - Citrine

@acm1923  It's based on caught/bred day.

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

For those who are worried about getting CB Pink Sapphires, please feel free to message me! I'm trying to put my salts and CB prize to good use and trading for Cb pink saphs where/when I can, so I'll try to maintain a list and send some saphs down the line whenever possible ☺️

As someone with slow internet I just want to say thank you. You are so sweet to do this. I feel like a lot of players just think about themselves (understandably), but people like you make this game so much better!

So here's a question. If you breed a Sapphire forgetting you're hatchie locked and it autos... if someone then picks it up and abandons it will it turn pink or does only the first abandon count?

2 minutes ago, Wiz said:

So here's a question. If you breed a Sapphire forgetting you're hatchie locked and it autos... if someone then picks it up and abandons it will it turn pink or does only the first abandon count?

It turns Pink. I saw a Sapphire being picked up as I missed it only for it too reappear as a pink sapphire (still missed it but I had recognized the code)

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

This is extraordinarily generous of you! ❤️ Thank you! ❤️

I have a pair of 2nd gens & I'm hoping to be free when a wall shows up so I can grab a few more as CB doesn't matter that much to me. That said, I want to thank you again for your kind offer to help others with their scroll goals! ❤️

I WARDed a Cantormaris in egg-stage, but it hatched red-black? What did I do wrong? As I understood it you can only ward eggs. Is the outcome still RNG?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/UuNCh

oh wait, I think I incubated AFTER warding *headdesk*

Edited by Kiwiana

2 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

I WARDed a Cantormaris in egg-stage, but it hatched red-black? What did I do wrong? As I understood it you can only ward eggs. Is the outcome still RNG?

Did you incubate after you warded? It goes by the last BSA used.

I know I unthinkingly ruined one that I wanted to hatch orange by incubating it after getting the transfer, and I knew better! Worse yet, it was already close to hatching without incubate!

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

Did you incubate it after you warded it? Incubate turns it red-black.

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

Did you Incubate is afterward by any chance? It hatches as the color of the last BSA used.

Just now, Kiwiana said:

Did you incubate it after warding? The latest action done should determine the morph of your cantomaris

2 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

That color comes from being incubated. Only the last BSA on the egg counts for coloring.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have an earthquaked CB peach floret adult now, but I'm not really sure what to do with it first. 

2 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

That color comes from being incubated. Only the last BSA on the egg counts for coloring.

I incubated, warded, and then earthquaked my market cantor and it came out red.... 🤔

2 minutes ago, Kojayo said:

I have an earthquaked CB peach floret adult now, but I'm not really sure what to do with it first. 

I incubated, warded, and then earthquaked my market cantor and it came out red.... 🤔

You might want to view your action log. I had 6 eggs ready for EQ and one just hatched right as the EQ was processing.

4 minutes ago, Kojayo said:

Breed it to another floret and posts results? (Use fertility first)

6 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

You might want to view your action log. I had 6 eggs ready for EQ and one just hatched right as the EQ was processing.

Yep, just found the later incubate in my action long. Well, that clears that up.  Thanks!

Just now, Kojayo said:

Yep, just found the later incubate in my action long. Well, that clears that up.  Thanks!

Yeah it happens. I thought I had influenced my eggs male. Well action log proved me wrong. I guess I hallucinated the whole thing. XD

The Action Log really is one of the most useful 'quality-of-life' updates we've had, imo. I routinely check it to see the exact times my freezes come off cooldown, for example. 

Just grabbed a Cantor in the AP, trying to decide whether to Ward it and let it hatch white or try EQ again since I don't have many eggs.... Wait, no, I have over-6-day eggs, not risking it.

16 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Breed it to another floret and posts results? (Use fertility first)

Excellent idea. Except, I don't think I have any other florets. If I do, I can't find them.. 😅