TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

@Nalyua Both b and c would turn, since EQ still was the last BSA to act on it, even if unaffected. The dead eggs ... don't really matter at that point.

Influencing does not change colour, so you can do that anytime - naturally, only on eggs.

20 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

This EQ Alt. How does it work? I still have some questions here:

So I have my eggs at the ready.

I use EQ.

Then there are like 3 Outcomes, as to what may happen to any egg on scoll at the moment of EQ, right?

a) Dead Egg

b) prematurely hatches

c) nothing happens to egg

Which of the above eggs would be turned?

a+b+c? So any and all Cantor eggs on scroll at the time of EQ?

Or only those that hatch prematurely? Or only those that are not affected?

Can I influence before or after? Or is both possible?

Halp?

I'm not sure if a does, others has said it does. b and c 100% do. You can influence at either time, but if its b well, you can't influence the hatchie.

(I've stalked the hatcheries for green Canto hatchies and have seen them with and without the "forced" message, which indicates that the ones without hatched after an EQ without being affected by it)

I have two green Cantos.

EQ'ed them both at 4d6h and while one hatched prematurely, the second was "unaffected" and hatched normally.

So they just need to survive the EQ in any way. :)

Pictures below.

Spoiler

green2.PNG

green1.PNG

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

8 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

The flamingos didn't fool me, but that tercorn did.

that's the one that got me. But I have a pair now - though sadly one is not PB... AND I turned two CBs to yellow :)  Sorry, I wasn't watching at the exact moment, but they are now, half an hour later, at 4,300 and change.

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

that's the one that got me. But I have a pair now - though sadly one is not PB... AND I turned two CBs to yellow :)  Sorry, I wasn't watching at the exact moment, but they are now, half an hour later, at 4,300 and change.

Did you do it slowly over days, or bombard later?

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

Then there are like 3 Outcomes, as to what may happen to any egg on scoll at the moment of EQ, right?

a) Dead Egg

b) prematurely hatches

c) nothing happens to egg

a little warning that there is a 4th outcome: prematurely hatches and runs away (auto abandoned)

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

(I've stalked the hatcheries for green Canto hatchies and have seen them with and without the "forced" message, which indicates that the ones without hatched after an EQ without being affected by it)

When I EQd my canto egg I got a message saying it was unaffected but it still hatched green

I had to step away after earthquake killed both the CB Cantormaris eggs I had, as well as minor annoyance at how much time getting a lot of these new colors is going to take with my limited playtime.

Now however, seeing the adults...I'm looking foward to the challenge...even if it it's going to be awhile before I can get at least one of each.

Though if you'll excuse me, I need to find all my CB royals and get some of those purples [Which I'm sad they didn't get called Royal Purples but Eminence works really well for them too so its cool]

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I mean exactly that. I'm probably going to make hatchy one later, but I plan to reach out to my friend to help. 

Also my sapphire turned at 4,059. (I wonder if the limit is actually 4050? I don't know if I've seen a lower one yet.) SO, it's YEET TIME.

YEET! 

Be on the look out! It's at 4 days and 2 hours! 

Edit: It did NOT turn pink! Yellow eggs are safe to chuck into the AP.

Have we confirmed we can trade pinks without worrying they will change back to blue?

My pink sapphire was obtained by trade and did not change color when the trade completed.

Has anybody found out if pink sapphires turn yellow with too many views yet? I currently have my pink fogged because I'm afraid of giving it too many views.

6 minutes ago, shannecy said:

My pink sapphire was obtained by trade and did not change color when the trade completed.

Has anybody found out if pink sapphires turn yellow with too many views yet? I currently have my pink fogged because I'm afraid of giving it too many views.

if the pink is an egg, then yes at around 4000+. if hatched, then no.

14 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

Thank you!

Meh. For some reason I don't even see a single one of the Pink Sapphires on the AP. (And if I will see one, im pretty sure I'll get ninja'd XD) I guess I will resign to trade for them, particularly as I only want CB or PB 2G ones of them. I guess I will breed my CBs weekly and hope I might accidentally stumble over one of my abandoned ones in the future ^^

Edited by Astreya

I don't usually talk, but I did wanna say I love the new gemshard art, it looks more fun and goofy and makes me want to collect as many as possible. This release has actually been alot of fun for me, thank you ^^

1 hour ago, reddof-f6 said:

I thought no one had managed to get a Pink to turn Yellow. (Or the reverse) Your statement goes against everything I've seen in this thread. When/where did this happen?

*sighs* I think I will have to wait a few months on some of these... My scroll goal is for CB when possible, but I am not even seeing the older breeds in the cave at most drops let alone being fast enough to score one. AP I sometimes see things but am not fast enough there either, and those are generally bred anyway.

Here's hoping my breeding goes better, though my luck of late has been pitiful. 

Any ideas on how I could manage to get 4 abandoned CB sapphire eggs?

All of the new sprites are wonderful dragons, I really hope I can get them eventually.

At least I was able to get the new florets on drop day. Happy Birthday DC!

I'm so happy right now, got a pink Saphire egg from the AP and it's PB 😭🥰 this made my day!

I rarely post, but I find that the sheer number of releases combined with new mechanics is incredibly stressful and overwhelming.

I want to start by saying that the new spritework is gorgeous as always and the mechanics are interesting as a whole. The new Gemshard colors and the Ward Cantor are especially lovely.

I try to get 5 CB of each release- 1 for each gender/stage. I only just finished my Cantormaris collecting from the main release. I missed the unannounced flood for the Staterae and have since accepted that I'll probably never complete my goal for those- just like Gold/Silver (but I understood the need for a few rares that are hard to get, in those few cases).

The AP-only mechanic on the Sapphires is beyond frustrating. I doubt I will ever be able to get a CB Pink Sapphire, let alone the 5 I want. I keep barely missing the 2g AP floods because I can't afford to spend all my time lurking on site/forums. It isn't fun to see something new and shiny that is going to be effectively unobtainable for months after release for the average user.

I'm just... tired. I enjoy completing my collection goals, and I'm more than ok waiting to get alts/hybrids. I'm still working on alt vines and Carinas. The thing is, I have 100% of the capacity to plan and carry those out on my own without relying on luck, timing, and a good connection. I was RELIEVED when I no longer had to deal with the frustrations of the trade function for the Itus Cantors. The sum of this whole release feels like it is adding yet another thing to my list of "things I'll probably never achieve", and that is ultimately depressing and demotivating.

Much as I wish some of the new release mechanics would be slightly adjusted, radio silence on the other end means that this is probably going to just be how it is and not change. I'm sure we will adjust.

I love all the new dragons, and the updated sprites too! Thank you TJ and spriters ❤️ It'll take me a while to get them all, but I'm doing what I can to help with the pink Sapphires - I bred all my regular Sapphires and dropped the eggs to the AP. Also a HUGE thank you to everyone who has figured out the mechanics so far and are working on the unsolved ones. I appreciate all your work!

Oh, thank you Odeen for the adorbs gemshard avatars! I'm using the rotating one because I can't pick a favorite 😝

5 hours ago, Wiz said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_20210525-082425_Chrome_kindlephoto-5912944.jpg

Screenshot_20210525-083453_Chrome_kindlephoto-5858981.jpg

The moment my Sapphires turned yellow. Under the spoiler because my tablet won't let me resize the images. 

I had a CB sapphire and the egg never turned yellow. It hatched blue. Today I wake up and it had gendered... yellow. I am still not sure about the mechanics of this one 🤣

32 minutes ago, Tamahaganae said:

I'm doing what I can to help with the pink Sapphires - I bred all my regular Sapphires and dropped the eggs to the AP.

I appreciate the sentiment to help, but for those of us who need CB sapphires, this does not help - it makes it much harder to find the CB ones.

I want to start by saying that the new spritework is gorgeous as always and the mechanics are interesting as a whole. The new Gemshard colors and the Ward Cantor are especially lovely.

I'm just... tired. I enjoy completing my collection goals, and I'm more than ok waiting to get alts/hybrids. I'm still working on alt vines and Carinas. The thing is, I have 100% of the capacity to plan and carry those out on my own without relying on luck, timing, and a good connection. I was RELIEVED when I no longer had to deal with the frustrations of the trade function for the Itus Cantors. The sum of this whole release feels like it is adding yet another thing to my list of "things I'll probably never achieve", and that is ultimately depressing and demotivating.

I really, really relate to this. I adore DC, but wowsers these latest mechanics are hard to manage.

Just bought 2 sapphires to AP once they're off CD; it's not a lot but hopefully will help a few people grab one down the line! :) 

I've just spent time camping in the AP for pink eggs and the cave for sapphires.  Zilch!

So now I'm off to the market...

1 hour ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I'm so happy right now, got a pink Saphire egg from the AP and it's PB 😭🥰 this made my day!

Just dropped a PB to the AP, but it won't show up for a while.

25 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

I appreciate the sentiment to help, but for those of us who need CB sapphires, this does not help - it makes it much harder to find the CB ones.

i feel this. i'm not interested in just grabbing the sprite to have the sprite. i like clean lineages, but 2g pbs or the like dont interest me at all, aside for freezing. i'm interested in basically CBs only, and these will be a pain to grab. 

i know things will cool down in time, but its still frustrating. especially when i dont even think i met my (very loose) scroll goals for blue sapphires, let alone yellow AND pink, which everyone else is also very eager to get their hands on. its just frustrating.