TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

I have no idea what ANY of them reference. Nor do the posts about them ring any bells.

But PRETTY !

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have no idea what ANY of them reference. Nor do the posts about them ring any bells.

But PRETTY !

The one I followed up reminded me I'd read Catcher in the Rye.

Agree with Fuzz that I get NONE of the cultural references, but am enjoying the skill of the artists anyway.

It always amazes me what can be done with an egg shape!

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But PRETTY !

Same here, I very rarely understand the references in these events but they are still pretty!

I must say, as neat as the animated ones can be, I'm really glad we still get some still-image ones each year. Some of my favorites are the more simple 'colored Easter eggs' ones.

Omg whoever did the happy negg from neopets can we be neofriends please

I'm soo glad to see my egg was added!!

34urcx.png

The egg is based of a character I REALLY like (I admit that I had to simplify the horn shape to fit, though!)

Ooooh, I'm late to the party. :)

I need more than 500 eggs, so this will be a really hard week for me. ;)

Can't wait to see all the lovely eggs from this year.

Happy easter!

Got all 60 eggs.  Now I'll wait for the 2010 ones I missed.

Wait... is that a synthwave egg? That's so awesome!!! Made me actually switch my soundtrack to hunt for them. Not disappointed! 

My egg is accepted, too... and it looks so flat and simple near all other -- really awesome! -- eggs =_=

Lava lamp is my favorite for now ❤️

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But PRETTY !

Ditto!

43 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

I'm soo glad to see my egg was added!!

34urcx.png

The egg is based of a character I REALLY like (I admit that I had to simplify the horn shape to fit, though!)

This was my first egg today and I love it!

14 minutes ago, Homo_Ludens said:

My egg is accepted, too... and it looks so flat and simple near all other -- really awesome! -- eggs =_=

Lava lamp is my favorite for now ❤️

you kidding? Adding 'simple' eggs into the mix gives it a healthy balance, and a nice contrast. It's like any easter egg hunt too, you find ones with elegant or unique designs and then when you find ones with one solid color, or covered with simple stripes or dots it compliments the whole thing and makes it easier on the eyes. ^_^

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

My first egg of the morning was pink with a bow, turned black, then armed itself with swords and turned teal. :huh:

That seems a bit hostile.

I think that should be my FF7 egg! 

I was trying to go for the conflict between Sephiroth and Cloud, and Aerith's tragedy from that game. But oversimplified because of it being an egg with a quick gif time, haha úvù

Aw, yes! I finally found my own egg! Glad to see it got in.

Now all I have to do is find... *looks at all the years worth of eggs I missed* ...I don't want to try to count that high.

2010 eggs aren't showing on my scroll.  Clicked on three now, they're not there.

Oh I love you!!!!! A full week!  I'm so Happy!  I know last year or the year before I can't remember was horrible and I missed several eggs... I was just dying over that... THANK YOU so much!  So happy!  I have worked every weekend the last 4 or 5 years... and sometimes it's just been near impossible to get the eggs... But I usually managed but a couple of years ago... I think it was... I just was not in a good way and I nearly forgot about it until the last day and try as I might I just couldn't get them all ...  

6 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Um, so it looks like I found an old egg before I found all of this year's. Anyone else have that happen? If anyone wants to look at my basket, I just found the parrot one at the top, which popped up the banner right below it but I only have 9 of this year's eggs. 

Basket

Edit: The next egg was one of this year's. 

it did this at trick or treat too, generally only get one a year of older ones while getting new ones. Dunno why exactly but its just a thing that happens.

27 minutes ago, Arkee said:

I think that should be my FF7 egg! 

I was trying to go for the conflict between Sephiroth and Cloud, and Aerith's tragedy from that game. But oversimplified because of it being an egg with a quick gif time, haha úvù

you nailed that, I saw the events in the game play out in that egg perfectly. I especially love the collision flashes with the swords while they're there and then the lifestream energy swirling when Aerith's moment is present on the egg. Very well handled for the limited frames and size. I think it may be one of my fav eggs from all the events combined. It has some serious competitors. :D

found my egg!

b87tya.gif

everyone's designs all look so good, well done to everyone who got accepted ❤️ 

Has anyone else started clicking on previous year's eggs, please? I'm giving up on 2010 for now, they're not coming onto my  scroll after clicking them.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

Wait... is that a synthwave egg? That's so awesome!!! Made me actually switch my soundtrack to hunt for them. Not disappointed! 

Someone else suggested the egg might be a reference to vaporwave, which seems more likely (unfortunately! I love synthwave, too) - vaporwave is basically meme-y, after all.

Edit: 

Edited by pinkgothic

4 hours ago, Iridescence444 said:

I didn’t know we were allowed to do eggs with pop culture references! Oh well, next year.

Yep! You're more than welcome to. If you had looked at past year eggs you'd see that abundantly ^^,

I don't remember if I've asked this in previous years, but given some of the posts here... Are people not notified their egg 'got in' before the event? You just have to wait and see if it pops up during the event?