TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

And the metallic head that shines then splits to show a black and gold egg inside?

The helmets that split to show a half gold half black egg is a tribute to Daft Punk. The spriter said he so happened to join on the day they announced their split to the world.

Always love gathering eggs, and so happy backfill of my collection is possible!  Thank you TJ and all contributors!

I just got the frog! He is adorable! :D

10 hours ago, Kaini said:

See the first post. You're now able to finish collecting eggs from previous years if you missed them. 

I have all the eggs, I've never missed an egg. So why are the old eggs appearing? Is this happening to anyone else? Last year I did not get any eggs after I caught all the new ones. This year I keep getting the first year ones (THAT I ALREADY HAVE),

Edited by jis99

Thanks for old eggs. And the full week is just what I need. 

Happy Easter and Festival everybody. 

Edited by Cleo4

23 minutes ago, jis99 said:

I have all the eggs, I've never missed an egg. So why are the old eggs appearing? Is this happening to anyone else? Last year I did not get any eggs after I caught all the new ones. This year I keep getting the first year ones (THAT I ALREADY HAVE),

Sounds like a glitch, but last year can't really be compared to this year, since we could not collect previous eggs. Allowing collection of old items only started with the ToT last year.

Still you shouldn't be getting things you already had. I haven't collected all of this year's yet, so  haven't experienced it yet, but if I do I will find it rather annoying as the pop up eggs do interfere with some actions, depending on where they show up.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds like a glitch, but last year can't really be compared to this year, since we could not collect previous eggs. Allowing collection of old items only started with the ToT last year.

Still you shouldn't be getting things you already had. I haven't collected all of this year's yet, so  haven't experienced it yet, but if I do I will find it rather annoying as the pop up eggs do interfere with some actions, depending on where they show up.

Probably is a glitch. I had two eggs, one from 2010 and one from 2016(?), come out of order as I was still collecting the 2021 eggs.

Got my daily average down to 46ish eggs per day to collect. On track to get them all baring any issues.

1 hour ago, MoonShark said:

That would be me! :D   I am so happy to see folks recognizing it, haha. Had a lot of fun making him. :D

Oh my god I was looking for proof that it was Elidibus! I did a double take when I saw his little mask. Well done!

7 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I'm not sure if I suggested this previously, but I think it would be nice to have a "decline egg/treat" option for both the Festival of Eggs and Trick or Treat events.

I would *love* a decline/skip option, there have been a few ToTs that I really didn't want to have in my collection (spiders seriously squick me out) but I don't have a choice if I want to collect all the ones after it. 

This is my first time entering into the Festival of eggs and I'm glad my Hades Cosmic Egg got in. (I've been playing this game for way too long)

6iefad.gif

I always liked the event and how artist create eggs and I've been neglecting to try DC pixel art for the longest time. 
Also, 36 eggs in, and I haven't even gotten my own egg! XD

Gratz to all the artist, these eggs are absolutely beautiful this year.

I just got the Absol egg! That's another Pokemon reference along with my own egg!! So cool

3 minutes ago, SkySlayer3217 said:

This is my first time entering into the Festival of eggs and I'm glad my Hades Cosmic Egg got in. (I've been playing this game for way too long)

6iefad.gif

I always liked the event and how artist create eggs and I've been neglecting to try DC pixel art for the longest time. 
Also, 36 eggs in, and I haven't even gotten my own egg! XD

Gratz to all the artist, these eggs are absolutely beautiful this year.

Yaaas, I was really hoping there'd be a Hades ref! Shows how little I use that particular trinket, though, I admit I didn't recognize it at first <xD;;; Hermes trinket ftw!

21 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

I'm soo glad to see my egg was added!!

34urcx.png

The egg is based of a character I REALLY like (I admit that I had to simplify the horn shape to fit, though!)

I... I'm probably wrong, but with the horns and color scheme... Loki...?

Thanks a lot for those two new features- I missed lots of eggs in previous events, and it always frustrated me. Also, it's v nice to make it longer :)

1 hour ago, Spyridon said:

The helmets that split to show a half gold half black egg is a tribute to Daft Punk. The spriter said he so happened to join on the day they announced their split to the world.

Thank you! :)

24 minutes ago, SkySlayer3217 said:

6iefad.gif

I just got this one! :)

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

The kiwi, the turnip, the fish at the beach, and the hurricane are fun! While I like the egg that releases the wee balloons, I cringe a bit when it does as balloon releasing is now illegal where I live. Weird how real life sometimes affects one's perception of things. :rolleyes: Still 30 to go.

Is anyone collecting a list of the references somewhere?

I just got the balloon-releasing egg, and while I hate outdoor balloon releases because they are so terrible for wildlife, I've decided to imagine that this egg is indoors and the balloons will just float up to the ceiling until they deflate. :D

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm very excited about being able to collect previous years' eggs! Hopefully I can get everything this year. I'm also very glad to have a full week for collecting.

Edited by GhostMouse

Woo my Night in the Woods egg got in! I haven't caught it yet, but really happy it got in.

I'm loving the eggs so far! So many talented artists and brilliant designs.

My first FoE egg! So thrilled that my little pensive cowboy emoji made it in next to all these gorgeous pixel designs :')

FoE_pensivecowboyegg.gif

Is the purple swirl egg a reference to something? It feels so, SO familiar, like a video game collectible I'm sure I've gathered a hundred of before, but for the life of me I can't place it @___@

1 hour ago, Starbit said:

I just got the Absol egg! That's another Pokemon reference along with my own egg!! So cool

Is yours the lost pokemon electric tiger egg? If so I really like that one. Such a shame it never made it into the series

2 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

Is yours the lost pokemon electric tiger egg? If so I really like that one. Such a shame it never made it into the series

YES!!!! Someone got him!!! My egg is Kotora, my beloved little electric tiger who got cut twice from Pokemon. 

226-Kotora.png

StarbitFestivalEgg.png.f068d23a7b1a8fe3bf58e33e5ab7ee5e-2.png

Just now, Starbit said:

YES!!!! Someone got him!!! My egg is Kotora, my beloved little electric tiger who got cut twice from Pokemon. 

226-Kotora.png

StarbitFestivalEgg.png.f068d23a7b1a8fe3bf58e33e5ab7ee5e-2.png

oh my gosh yes i knew it looked familiar!!!  friend shaped.......

Might as well post here as well for my egg. Mine was this one:

2021_FoE_Sub.png

I did make a different red version, but it felt a little too valentine-y to me xD

2021_FoE_Sub_Red.png

Happy I made it in! My silly little egg was just a dumb idea that got to be brought to life. I hope you all get to find it!

FOE2021PokeCatSubmission.png.08e371d4a09eb886092d17ba1e60cc29.png