TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

YAY, I can grab eggs from the one year I missed!!! Thank you TJ!!

I'll be honest I couldnt even read the scrolling text lol. Goes too fast for me. 

I love the cactus egg, and the tiger, and the egg that peels away to show the pygmy-size egg inside. So many great eggs! And I haven't even seen half of them yet.

6 hours ago, Spyridon said:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm thinking my egg may not have been accepted since it's really simple compared to the other ones I've been catching. But now I know the minor things to watch out for based on the advice to clean up the images so I can work to that for next year's submission. I think the only trouble is what image do I want to work on? So many ideas but you only get one slot.

I noticed someone made a Digi-egg a couple of years ago. Now I know my goal this year if I don't get all of them. I'm guessing the order will be the really oldest first than move towards the most recent years? Or will it be mixed?

If you have questions about designs, yours, or others, feel free to DM or hit me up on Discord if you're on there. Happy to discuss and offer thoughts.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I don't know if this is a ref or just a pretty egg, but I absolutely love it!

Hide contents

15j108h.gif

That's mine, it's a nod to Sisu from Raya and the Last Dragon! I spent a bit longer on the animation than I probably should have, but I like how it turned out.

Edited by Ashywolf

Just now, Ashywolf said:

If you have questions about designs, yours, or others, feel free to DM or hit me up on Discord if you're on there. Happy to discuss and offer thoughts.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.

I really need to start killing idea bunnies, though.

21 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

That's mine, it's a nod to Sisu from Raya and the Last Dragon! I spent a bit longer on the animation than I probably should have, but I like how it turned out.

It's absolutely stunning.

Happy Festival of Eggs, everyone! :nyan:

I feel like I am behind, having only collected 20 eggs so far!

My favorites so far are the egg that looks like a ... chick? Did someone say a Kiwi? ... ahh yes, it is a Kiwi bird! Well, it is so cute. My favorite thus far! :wub:

I also really like the egg that looks like a turnip. :lol:

Off to collect some more eggies! Thanks, TJ, all spriters, and everyone that made this event possible. 

I only have 17 so far but i'm ADORING the lava lamp one!! ❤️

Also, has anyone gotten all of them? do we have a full count? is it 60 like last year?

Just now, Cowfish249 said:

I only have 17 so far but i'm ADORING the lava lamp one!! ❤️

Also, has anyone gotten all of them? do we have a full count? is it 60 like last year?

I have all 60

17 minutes ago, Swissalo said:

I have all 60

Congrats! and thanks for the number confirmation!! ❤️

I'm super looking forward to seeing all the entries! ❤️ 

I just realized I have to collect for 2016, 2017, 2018. I'm off to a slow start because I have my Son, who turned 13 on Easter Sunday until Monday afternoon.

Is anyone else getting old eggs that they've already caught? After I caught the 60 from this year, I started getting old eggs from the first year. That didn't happen last year, the eggs stopped last year after I caught all the eggs for 2020.

1 hour ago, Ashywolf said:

It's absolutely beautiful. I love it. At first I thought it was a mermaid style. The fact that it's a dragon makes it even better. 

10 minutes ago, jis99 said:

Is anyone else getting old eggs that they've already caught? After I caught the 60 from this year, I started getting old eggs from the first year. That didn't happen last year, the eggs stopped last year after I caught all the eggs for 2020.

See the first post. You're now able to finish collecting eggs from previous years if you missed them. 

Haha, I just got an egg in FoE and now I've already got another idea brewing for next year. Doing these is fun! 😊 But for now, I'm satisfied with my little Plantera egg~

Edited by Dragonalassa

got all the eggs, for the first year ever, i think!

my favorites are sad cowboy, vaporwave, purple/blue/green crystals, frog, lava lamp, red/blue sun/moon, cactus, turnip, and catbus! whoo... that's a lot! thank you artists!

... now i'm moving on to collecting the 2020 eggs...

15 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

I'm getting a sort of Beat Saber or Guitar Hero vibe myself...but that's just the nerd in me.

Which is also why I'm 95% certain this is a Dark Matter egg from Kirby: tzx6zr.gif

*if I'm wrong, I apologize to the artist

My egg is most indeed Dark Matter! Good eye!

Finally got all my eggs for 2021. Now I'm on track to get the remaining 301 eggs that I need to finish catching all the previous years.

Edit: I do have to mention I love the Pegacorn egg.

Edited by Spyridon

My egg made it!  :D

Egg jury, thank you for changing your minds on my first submission. (TBH I thought my "fixed" version was a little boring, so I'm glad the original one was picked.)

43/60

Who is drawer of the Elidibus egg that make me laugh out and almost spilled water on my computer.

I think my favorite part of getting the old eggs is finally seeing the banners from the years I missed ❤️ Thank you TJ, for this opportunity!