TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

For those of you who are missing eggs (like myself :D) here's an overview of how many eggs each year had (with thanks to the hard wiki workers on Dragon Cave Wiki!) (The year links give the pages with the overview of the eggs and the spriters:

Festival of Eggs - 2010
The first Festival of Eggs. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.
Festival of Eggs - 2011
The second annual Festival of Eggs, this time with 53 eggs to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2012
The third annual Festival of Eggs was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2013
In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2014
2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs, more than any in previous year.
Festival of Eggs - 2015
The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was the biggest Festival of Eggs to date, with 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2016
The 2016 Festival of eggs included 60 collectable eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2017
The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect.
Festival of Eggs - 2018
The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke.
Festival of Eggs - 2019
The tenth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 21, 2019 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 62 eggs.
Festival of Eggs - 2020

The eleventh annual Festival of Eggs began on April 12, 2020 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 60 eggs.

Have fun collecting!

YES! I'll finally be able to get the first eggs ever released!

...I'm going to force myself to get the 60 new eggs as fast as possible.

Happy Easter everyone!! 🐇 🌼 I haven't missed anything so far, but this is so so wonderful for all who didn't make it in the previous years!

Oh wow, thanks for the list, Sheriziya!

I started in 2014, not sure if I will be able to get all previous eggs this time...

16 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

Oh wow, thanks for the list, Sheriziya!

I started in 2014, not sure if I will be able to get all previous eggs this time...

You're welcome :) Take your time. You've got a whole week.
With this list I found I have 2 complete years missing and several eggs of previous years.....

Happy hunting!

I realized that apart from 14 eggs from 2010's FoE I got nothing else 

I have a loooooong long way to go to catch them all :unsure:

Love the idea that this runs a full week and I get to grab some that I missed in previous years! 

oh boy.. i have 205 to catch up on after the current release.. and I have one more day off of holiday before I have to work for 7 days straight (and some nights)...and I'll lose half of that day horsing lol. damn...

Yaaay!  I think I have all previous years' eggs, but this is good for those who don't.  And, ironically, this week is going to be hectic for me, so I might miss out on some of this year's eggs, heh.  Can I assume we will be able to get this year's eggs next year as well?

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

2 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

YES! I'll finally be able to get the first eggs ever released!

...I'm going to force myself to get the 60 new eggs as fast as possible.

Same. I think I'm only missing one or two from 2011 so once I finish this year, it shouldn't take me long at all to complete 2010

Um, so it looks like I found an old egg before I found all of this year's. Anyone else have that happen? If anyone wants to look at my basket, I just found the parrot one at the top, which popped up the banner right below it but I only have 9 of this year's eggs. 

Basket

Edit: The next egg was one of this year's. 

Edited by Chaosdawn

8 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

Um, so it looks like I found an old egg before I found all of this year's. Anyone else have that happen? If anyone wants to look at my basket, I just found the parrot one at the top, which popped up the banner right below it but I only have 9 of this year's eggs. 

Basket

Edit: The next egg was one of this year's. 

The parrot is a new egg that happened to sit at the top of your basket. 😉

If it has same mechanism as last Halloween, this year's one should be collected all. And then most recent ones that you didn't collected. And ones from 2010 should be last.

60 eggs this year!! That's a lot!! Very nice, can't wait to see them

Hope to see everyone who got their eggs accepted, It's nice to know the artists! (also so I can add credits in the wiki)

Edited by Glaciarie

4 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

The parrot is a new egg that happened to sit at the top of your basket. 😉

Nope, the parrot is an old egg from 2012 so there seems to be a bug

49 minutes ago, CopperPayne said:

Scoped the egg on your page and it's a double reference.  The logo on the egg is the Laughing Man, from the anime Ghost in the Shell, which in turn, apparently takes the name from the J.D. Salinger short story of the same name (and where the line is from.)

Thanks. I might just look into that!

6 minutes ago, Munin said:

Nope, the parrot is an old egg from 2012 so there seems to be a bug

Well then that accounts for the 3rd egg I clicked that didn't show up in today's basket.  It must have been from a previous release and because I have all the eggs from previous years it went  poof!

8 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

If it has same mechanism as last Halloween, this year's one should be collected all. And then most recent ones that you didn't collected. And ones from 2010 should be last.

That's what I assumed but then the parrot popped up. Maybe it's a little different now, that once in a while we get an old egg? Or it's a bug. 

My first egg has horns! Kind of looks like a jester's cap. Very cool.

I love this year's banner.

Thank you, TJ and all the spriters! This is always a fun event.

Happy Easter!

99c6cbe2-90e0-4575-97fc-e61b171008c7_140

This year's banner is glorious! Thank you to the artists. ♥️ Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, and happy egg hunting to us all 🥚

It's great that we have a chance at all the other older eggs too. I recently came back from a 4 year hiatus and now I can get them too. :)