TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

16 minutes ago, Syiren said:

you nailed that, I saw the events in the game play out in that egg perfectly. I especially love the collision flashes with the swords while they're there and then the lifestream energy swirling when Aerith's moment is present on the egg. Very well handled for the limited frames and size. I think it may be one of my fav eggs from all the events combined. It has some serious competitors. :D

Aw, you're very sweet! ❤️

I'm very glad to hear that, as an artist ^w^

@HeatherMarie: I wasn't notified at all of it making in, at least not in clear terms? I was thanked for my submission and not outright rejected, if that helps.

Edited by Arkee

A lot of the references fly right over my head, but I enjoy the pixel art nonetheless! :D I was also glad to see my design among them.

ETA:

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't remember if I've asked this in previous years, but given some of the posts here... Are people not notified their egg 'got in' before the event? You just have to wait and see if it pops up during the event?

You don't get a notification, just a confirmation that your submission was received. As far as I know, there are two kinds of responses: either your egg doesn't meet the requirements and you're told to fix it and resubmit, or you get a simple "thank you for your submission" message.

Edited by Aie

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't remember if I've asked this in previous years, but given some of the posts here... Are people not notified their egg 'got in' before the event? You just have to wait and see if it pops up during the event?

In some years they have let us know a couple days before the event that it was accepted. However, recently it has just been a surprise beyond confirmation that your design is eligible and may be included.

My egg made it in! I wonder if anyone will get the reference. 

I'll wait to post it when someone gets the ref. Or guess the egg I made. Lol

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

YAY All Might! :D We got an MHA egg last year too, super cute.

Ooh, that must be my egg! I wasn't sure if it got accepted as I haven't found it yet
Glad to see it's getting some love! :D

When i have read 60 eggs i was like OMG!!?? But than i have read 1 WEEK TIME. lol 
Got scared for a second there XD as i still need to gather the eggs of the old years too 

Happy easter to everybody!! 

Edited by BeLovE

31 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

In some years they have let us know a couple days before the event that it was accepted. However, recently it has just been a surprise beyond confirmation that your design is eligible and may be included.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm thinking my egg may not have been accepted since it's really simple compared to the other ones I've been catching. But now I know the minor things to watch out for based on the advice to clean up the images so I can work to that for next year's submission. I think the only trouble is what image do I want to work on? So many ideas but you only get one slot.

I noticed someone made a Digi-egg a couple of years ago. Now I know my goal this year if I don't get all of them. I'm guessing the order will be the really oldest first than move towards the most recent years? Or will it be mixed?

Edited by Spyridon

12 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm thinking my egg may not have been accepted since it's really simple compared to the other ones I've been catching. But now I know the minor things to watch out for based on the advice to clean up the images so I can work to that for next year's submission. I think the only trouble is what image do I want to work on? So many ideas but you only get one slot.

I noticed someone made a Digi-egg a couple of years ago. Now I know my goal this year if I don't get all of them. I'm guessing the order will be the really oldest first than move towards the most recent years? Or will it be mixed?

exact opposite of that actually. Most recent years first. Probably easier on coding to work that way.

14 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I'm guessing the order will be the really oldest first than move towards the most recent years? Or will it be mixed?

You move backwards, so first you'll get this year's eggs (in random order), then last year's, and so on. Once you have eggs from more than one year, your egg basket page will have dividing banners showing which year's eggs are which.

Edited by Aie

1 minute ago, Tini said:

exact opposite of that actually. Most recent years first. Probably easier on coding to work that way.

Ah, okay, so definitely chance of getting that digi-egg. Thanks too, Aie.

17 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Sometimes simple is good for balance :)

And you can always refine a rejected egg for the following year! But yeah, I'm on the same boat with the too many ideas thing.

Thrilled to see my egg make it in, my first FoE submission!  One glance at my PFP should tell ya exactly which one it'll be once you get it lol

Just now, Falorni said:

Thrilled to see my egg make it in, my first FoE submission!  One glance at my PFP should tell ya exactly which one it'll be once you get it lol

Didn't collect that one but saw it in someone else's basket! Thought it was one of those "negative space" type things with 2 different faces perfectly filling each gap but I thought it looked pretty haha

3 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Yes, I have that one! :)

Glad to see my egg made it in! I joined Dragon Cave the same date that Daft Punk announced their disbandment, so I thought it'd be fitting. Happy Easter everyone!

So excited about the old eggs, and I'm happy to know that the event will last for an entire week 😁

Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, xavlow said:

Glad to see my egg made it in! I joined Dragon Cave the same date that Daft Punk announced their disbandment, so I thought it'd be fitting. Happy Easter everyone!

Awesome freaking egg, dude. I had to rub my eyes twice and zoom in since I thought it was the exhaustion speaking. Love the animation for their visors.

I find myself liking the simple eggs the best. Love the lava lamp and the one that cracks open and releases balloons. And it the one with the leaves growing out of the top a turnip? It is cute, whatever.

But so far they all look amazing!

I am still forgetting to go look for them at the right intervals, so I am a little slow collecting them, but I only have this year's to get, so should have no trouble at all finishing.

17 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Awesome freaking egg, dude. I had to rub my eyes twice and zoom in since I thought it was the exhaustion speaking. Love the animation for their visors.

Haha, thank you! Can't be Daft Punk without the iconic shines.

30 minutes ago, xavlow said:

Thank you for that lovely egg. That date must be a bittersweet date, huh?

I'm gonna (already) miss them.

20 minutes ago, Falorni said:

And I was wondering what was the reference for that one! 
Well then, about 50 more references to go  😅

Caught 40 eggs so far, which is more than I expected on the first day. So some time tomorrow, I'll start collecting old eggs.

I'm so happy we get the opportunity to do so! For me, the best thing is getting a new banner - they look so cool!

Oh hey! Mine made it in! :D It's a reference to Katniss' mockingjay dress from The Hunger Games trilogy. I did it for an egg design contest several years ago and liked it enough to submit it. I'm glad the judges liked it too!

dnc33r.png