TJ09

2021-04-04 - Festival of Eggs

Got my egg earlier, along with my friends' ones (which I love to no end). Super cool that we're able to get involved in the event like this.

Edited by Illusn

I like the Kiwi egg, so cute and clever and 60 eggs...oh boy, that is a lot...but it is worth it to see all the neat ones.

Just now, Firebirdwyvern said:

I like the Kiwi egg, so cute and clever and 60 eggs...oh boy, that is a lot...but it is worth it to see all the neat ones.

Ikr! It's so cute! I can't get over how brilliant everyone's eggs are!

Aaahh! I love the Kiwi-bird egg! It’s so cute ^^ 

and we can collect old eggs? Yess, thank you! First “Festival of Eggs” I only got 2 eggs because my computer died over that weekend, so I was trying to collect on my iPod touch, but the eggs weren’t showing up on the tiny screen (I think the adverts were covering them up?). Haha, memorable to be sure, but I am very glad for the opportunity to collect the rest. 

4 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Ahhhh

Just, having no context for it just made it seem a little 😬

I had the same reaction of "uh excuse me what?!" and had to google the quote to get the reference xD

3 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Ahhhh

Just, having no context for it just made it seem a little 😬

Oof, yeah, with something like that, it's like......... Could We Have Chosen Perhaps a Different Line to Include.

In any case, I'm excited to be able to pick up previous years' eggs.

3 minutes ago, Feathers said:

Oof, yeah, with something like that, it's like......... Could We Have Chosen Perhaps a Different Line to Include.

In any case, I'm excited to be able to pick up previous years' eggs.

-whispers- It would still have been the same reference without the text.

-----------------

That aside I am sososo excited to be able to pick up eggs from previous years. I missed the entirety of 2016 and I've been sad about it ever since.

My understanding is they take the first 60 (or however many eggs) meet the requirements. So even if your design is really cool, if it’s the 61st then you’ll miss the cut. I think that “thank you for your submission” means your design was accepted. Last year mine was rejected twice, with feedback on what to fix each time. The third time I was told that they had hit the limit.

I saw my egg in someone else's basket and I'm so happy!! I missed last year due to an error with PMs so I'm really excited!!

3 hours ago, Falorni said:

Thrilled to see my egg make it in, my first FoE submission!  One glance at my PFP should tell ya exactly which one it'll be once you get it lol

I was very happy to see an ENA egg, especially since I recently watched the animations for the first time, very pretty and vibrant contrasting colors~

Edited by Kyann

Oooh, found a Night in the Woods egg.

I wonder if anyone will get the reference to mine.

4 hours ago, Arkee said:

Sometimes simple is good for balance :)

And you can always refine a rejected egg for the following year! But yeah, I'm on the same boat with the too many ideas thing.

*keels over* My egg submission actually made it. *insert wild dance emoji here* Had to trash the original concept I had because I guess I bit more than I could chew.

Now that I've actually had the time to look at the other submissions and the animations, I've already pulled out my original one and will work on it for the next year.

Oh, I think I finally got the FF7 one. That egg looks awesome.

I don't see an issue if I don't get a reference. I just see it as something I don't know nd can learn about in my own time. Heck, there's plenty of other refs in the cave during collection events that I find weird. (like that twisted limb thing with antlers that's walking for Halloween. the heck is that?) but that doesn't make it a jab or something to bother someone. That's just assuming. Being courteous of others is always the way to go, but when these things are designed there's never malicious intent and the player should never take it that way. That's why we have mods to keep a careful eye on things like submissions and entries. And they always do a great job.

I love seeing all of the tokens in these events so much! :D Time to be frustrated at myself because "I KNOW this is a reference to something... it's so familiar but I can't figure out what it is!!" XD

Edited by Aqub

I don't know if this is a ref or just a pretty egg, but I absolutely love it!

Spoiler

15j108h.gif

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I don't know if this is a ref or just a pretty egg, but I absolutely love it!

Reveal hidden contents

15j108h.gif

I think that's the Raya and the Last Dragon egg. The horns give it away.

Edited by Spyridon

7 minutes ago, wobster109 said:

Is this Plantera’s bulb I’m seeing? I love it! ❤️🌸 

Sure is! ^^ I'm glad people are recognizing it!

30 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

*keels over* My egg submission actually made it. *insert wild dance emoji here* Had to trash the original concept I had because I guess I bit more than I could chew.

Now that I've actually had the time to look at the other submissions and the animations, I've already pulled out my original one and will work on it for the next year.

Oh, I think I finally got the FF7 one. That egg looks awesome.

Congrats on making it in! Good luck next year too :) ❤️