TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

7 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

colour of pygmy hatchies:

Blue from alpine

Yellow/green from desert

I have one from the volcano. Won't know the colour for another 15 hours.

I EQ'd a blue pygmy from the Coast, and I know someone who EQ'd blue from the Alpine and green from the desert. Every EQ'd blue spots egg I know of (which is three) have all been the blue variant despite different biomes.

4 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Personally, I think it might be some sort of time-based distinction because the blue ones May 2020 brilliant blue mature hatchling look like they might be associated with daytime, and the brown/red/orange ones May 2020 brilliant red mature hatchling look like night-time.  Looking forward to when everyone else's eggs start hatching, because that should provide more data!

also possible that the brown is a hybrid like yellow undines/green spinels!

I've got some earthquake hatchies, yay! Looks more and more like pygmies may be biome based...

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I've got some earthquake hatchies, yay! Looks more and more like pygmies may be biome based...

Indeed, with there being another Alpine blue pygmy that got EQ'd, and a few more blue spots eggs EQ'd that were all also blue. Haven't seen a red one yet.

Another red pygmy forced from EQ from volcano!! It's looking like we figured them out!

Alpine/coast - blue

Desert - green

Volcano - red

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I bow to the bravery (foolishness?) of those who will use earthquake on new releases in the name of scientific study.

So it appears that the pygmies are biome related, but not so the blue spot ones.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I bow to the bravery (foolishness?) of those who will use earthquake on new releases in the name of scientific study.

So it appears that the pygmies are biome related, but not so the blue spot ones.

I'm a gambling man. And if you knew just how many people were EQing right now you might be a little horrified, hahah.

As one of those peeps who EQed for science those stats provided by Wyms seem accurate. 

With more EQ's and hatching pygmies, it looks like: 

Alpine/Coast - blue

Desert - green

Forest/Volcano - red

So Jungle looks to be green?

Just now, Nightwalkerkey said:

With more EQ's and hatching pygmies, it looks like: 

Alpine/Coast - blue

Desert - green

Forest/Volcano - red

So Jungle looks to be green?

You could say that we've definitely... cracked this code, huh?

XD So my trading a coast pygmy for an alpine pygmy was sort of pointless?

Hahaha @Commander Wymsy, yes indeed, unless TJ messed it up and the hot biomes (desert and volcano) were supposed to be red, and the earthy biomes (jungle and forest) to be green.

@purplehaze lol! Looks like it, but couldn't hurt I guess! Good luck trading colors

Oh well, it's no problem anyway as I have scroll goals of 8 of each color, so it's not like I have no use for it. XD

i can't wait! i only have two and i;m egglocked but some are about to hatch. I can't wait to breed/collect!

Well it looks like my gamble with the little seed gremlins paid off and i'll have one of each when they hatch.💗

Woot! Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! I ended up using a random number generator app on my phone to determine what my eighth egg was gonna be before I'm locked, as according to Whirlaway's list.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:00 AM, Whirlaway said:

Wicked!

This pristine egg sits in a clear pool of water.

This egg has a checkered shell.

any specific place I can find these? they're the only ones I am still missing

On 5/20/2020 at 11:00 PM, Whirlaway said:

This pristine egg sits in a clear pool of water. Sorted between Almerald and Angallais. A hybrid between White and Undine.

This egg has a checkered shell. Sorted between Imperial Fleshcrowne and Khusa. A hybrid between Bauta and Blancblack.

@Thaliel they're hybrids.

4 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

any specific place I can find these? they're the only ones I am still missing

Those are hybrids. You can't find them in the cave. They're Undine x White and Bauta x Blancblack respectively.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Edited by songwithnosoul

Thank you for this great new release and Birthday Celebration. So many beautiful eggs, so little egg slots. :)  So much fun.

Hmm. Both of my spotted eggs hatched into the darker color.

And my coast seed baby is blue.

Perhaps the spotted eggs are another time-based one. I haven't seen the second colour in the hatcheries at all.

Alpine Seedy Babie is Blue, Volcano one is Red, Waiting for the Rest. Probably gonna have to trade for other colors. 

Eeeee im so excited.