TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

18 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Supposing it's just completely random.  Sort of like the ridgewings.

But you can tell ridgewings from their eggs...

My first blue spot is brown and was caught around 7 a.m. My second blue spot was caught around 9 a.m. but won't hatch till Monday to help contribute!

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

But you can tell ridgewings from their eggs...

There is Gemshards and Nebulas though. As far as I know they are completely random (aside from male/female for the Nebulas) and no option to tell from the eggs. That may be a thing here.

We know it isn't completely random, though. If it were completely random then there would've been red ones hatching from the beginning, and not starting around 7 or 8 a.m. cave time.

Allright, with my 8 to 8 theory out the window I went back to AoND. And clicked on dozens and dozens of Bluespot hatchies.

What I found (between 5:50 pm and 6:35 pm cave time):

Blue - hatched in every hour between 0 am and 8 am cave time + every hour from 4 pm cave time (including freshly hatched with 7d0h left when I refreshed), none between 8 am and 4 pm

Red - hatched in every hour between 8 am and 4 pm cave time + every hour from 4 pm cave time (including freshly hatched with 7d0h left when I refreshed), none between 0 am and 8 am

So now it looks like we have:

- first 8 hours of the day hatch blue

- next 8 hours of the day hatch red

- last 8 hours of the day hatch randomly either blue or red

Yay, one more theory ! 😉

Not sure if this will help, but I've had two blue spots hatch recently today. One is blue, and the other is red. Estimated hatched between 6:30 - 7 PM cave time today. 

I'm not good at figuring out alt specifics, so thanks for the sleuthing everyone! 😄

Ugh, between the blue-spots and the seed munchkins, I'm just gonna take a back seat to speculating and enjoy the adults tomorrow 😉

The S1 Pygmy sprite is so adorable! I’m going to end up with a frozen army of them ^^

On 5/21/2020 at 7:29 PM, JaneMcAsh said:

YES, more egg slots for birthday release!!!

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve that so much!  Never enough room for new releases. I ,iss alot because of that.  I am down by 42 dragon breeds right now. sigh. eventually I hope to have all.

Oh help, so many gorgeous hatchlings to collect! :wub: And color variations and hybrids too! Thank you to everyone who made this release possible.

Ahhh, adults soon!! Seven hours! I'm so excited to see which is my favorite out of the bunch. This sure will keep me busy with completing scrollgoals for a while!!

My two blue spots hatched at the same time, and they're different colours. 

I'm completely full of eggs again and I still don't have close to enough to get all the sprites, haha. 

My first two bluespots just hatched, one blue and one brown (or red, I guess.) Both stolen at the same time, both hatched at the same time, but the blue one is from the jungle and the red one is from the volcano. Maybe it's the environment they come from? If that's true, though, it will be interesting to see what colors the offspring have.

Edit: clicking through the hatchery, I'm seeing reds from the coast, so it isn't a question of water, after all. So, no clue. I'll just have to catch a lot more of them and hope for the best! XD 

Edited by raevela
more information

Well, it took awhile, but I think that I finally have two each of the Pygmy colors and gendered...  Now egg-locked again until a few hours from now when I will have another slot open...  So, I'm going to bed...  Nite, All...

Thank you TJ and Spriters for the Birthday Party...

Happy birthday, DC! :D These are so cute! I can't wait to collect them all. 

This release is CRAZY :D I have a platinum trophy and not overly greedy scroll goals - happy with one CB pair per breed /variant (or 2nd gen if hybrid). I grabbed my second bunch of eggs and I STILL will need to get/breed more once these hatch. Hopefully someone will have figured out the bluespots by then :rolleyes:

What an egg-citing time to be alive ;)

Thank you TJ and spriters for this wonderful release. I can't wait to see the adults.

Edited by Herk

10 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Allright, with my 8 to 8 theory out the window I went back to AoND. And clicked on dozens and dozens of Bluespot hatchies.

What I found (between 5:50 pm and 6:35 pm cave time):

Blue - hatched in every hour between 0 am and 8 am cave time + every hour from 4 pm cave time (including freshly hatched with 7d0h left when I refreshed), none between 8 am and 4 pm

Red - hatched in every hour between 8 am and 4 pm cave time + every hour from 4 pm cave time (including freshly hatched with 7d0h left when I refreshed), none between 0 am and 8 am

So now it looks like we have:

- first 8 hours of the day hatch blue

- next 8 hours of the day hatch red

- last 8 hours of the day hatch randomly either blue or red

Yay, one more theory ! 😉

Yeah, this seems to have been how they hatched Day 1!

Unfortunately now, Day 2, they've still been hatching both red and blue from Midnight 'til now, so the mechanism ain't that simple. :( I've been checking the hatching sites the last hour or so, to see if maybe it's could ALSO be depending on stolen time/biome (+ the hatching time), but it doesn't seems to be that way. Like, there were two eggs that both were from Jungle, both with 3d21h left, and one hatched red, one blue...

Soooo, how does this work?! Maybe it's 8 h one colour, 8 h other colour, 16 h random, then it starts again? Or every other day you can be sure of what colour you'll be getting the first 16 h, every day it's random all day long? Well, we just have to wait to find out.. at least we'll soon see the adults. Can't wait :D

1 hour ago, Caileh said:

Yeah, this seems to have been how they hatched Day 1!

Unfortunately now, Day 2, they've still been hatching both red and blue from Midnight 'til now, so the mechanism ain't that simple. :( I've been checking the hatching sites the last hour or so, to see if maybe it's could ALSO be depending on stolen time/biome (+ the hatching time), but it doesn't seems to be that way. Like, there were two eggs that both were from Jungle, both with 3d21h left, and one hatched red, one blue...

Soooo, how does this work?! Maybe it's 8 h one colour, 8 h other colour, 16 h random, then it starts again? Or every other day you can be sure of what colour you'll be getting the first 16 h, every day it's random all day long? Well, we just have to wait to find out.. at least we'll soon see the adults. Can't wait :D

If the theories for the time of hatching get that complicated... I'd say it's likely something else. 😉

Maybe time of catching ? That would explain why on day one we had one wave of entirely blue, then one of entirely (or mostly, and we just missed some blues) red, and then, when the window for "incubated and hatched as soon as possible" was over, they started mixing, because people put their eggs in hatcheries unincubated or with less than 4d0h left, leading to them hatching with different intervals between time caught and time hatched (not the exact 48 hours of the first ones).

Edit: Ah, wait, no. You said you saw the eggs both had 3d21 left, and then they hatched about the same time, but produced different colours ? Then... I'm stumped. For the time being. 

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

3 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

If the theories for the time of hatching get that complicated... I'd say it's likely something else. 😉

Maybe time of catching ? That would explain why on day one we had one wave of entirely blue, then one of entirely (or mostly, and we just missed some blues) red, and then, when the window for "incubated and hatched as soon as possible" was over, they started mixing, because people put their eggs in hatcheries unincubated or with less than 4d0h left, leading to them hatching with different intervals between time caught and time hatched (not the exact 48 hours of the first ones).

Maybe it's just completely random, just like the colouring of Gemshards. Isn't the first breed that didn't work like it was intended on the first day until TJ fixed it.

1 hour ago, Herk said:

This release is CRAZY :D I have a platinum trophy and not overly greedy scroll goals - happy with one CB pair per breed /variant (or 2nd gen if hybrid). I grabbed my second bunch of eggs and I STILL will need to get/breed more once these hatch. Hopefully someone will have figured out the bluespots by then :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. I haven't even tried for the hybrids yet.

Revolutionary thought - could the red/blue thing be like ridgies (or indeed sun/moonstone) - completely - like - RANDOM ?

ninjaed !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

One Pygmy grew up!

It's a food delivery pygmy, how lovely! :wub: 

And a very pretty sprite. I might actually collect these and start doing more things with Pygmies.  :)