TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

32 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

I have the same problem by the time i figure out its one of the ones i need its gone, lol. We should have extenddo eggslots for releases like this, lol, how bout it TJ give us 12 eggslots for DC birthday, lol

YES, more egg slots for birthday release!!!

I thought the blue-spotted egg had a neat old-fashioned 3D effect going on, and then out come red & blue hatchlings - very nifty!

WOW. What a fabulous new release. So many gorgeous new dragons. And new pygmies. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE 14 YEARS STRONG

Oh lord, I was gonna spend the day grabbing eggs, but totally forgot...

Why were SO many eggs released at once?! T^T

Edit: do any of these eggs change when incubated as well?

Edited by DragonNeko

17 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

Edit: do any of these eggs change when incubated as well?

No, I incubated all of them and they didn't change.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, I incubated all of them and they didn't change.

I wonder why the blue spotted egg hatchlings are different colors... Only time will tell I guess.

It's always the one day I don't check that something new happens lmao.

So I'm a day late but I'm egg locked with two each of four new CBs. I need the ones from the alpine, so hopefully they'll be dropping still when I get a couple eggs to hatch, then I'll worry about the new hybrids. The hatchlings all look so cute! Beautiful sprites as always from the artists.

I'm guessing the shiny egg is gonna be a Labradorite dragon.

Happy Birthday, DC! And to all who are connected with the longevity of our favorite pastime. Cheers. Happy, happy 🎂!  and many more.

Happy B-day DC!!

Thanks for all the pretty new egg gifts! ;)

LOVING all these new dragons. Really excited for the adults! Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! Love this site.

7 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

I personally get a bit frustrated by hybrid dragons, but I can live with it.  Besides, it helps keep me from going over my egg limit.

I get frustrated by hybrids because I often forget they exist, lol. I don't breed much at all, most of my dragons are from the AP, hybrids don't show very often in the AP, so yeah sometimes I completely forget they exist. (For instance, when it was first posted that one of these new ones is a White/Undine hybrid, and a few people mentioned Whites already have a hybrid, I completely blanked on what hybrid Whites could possibly have.)

4 hours ago, schmupti said:

I thought the blue-spotted egg had a neat old-fashioned 3D effect going on, and then out come red & blue hatchlings - very nifty!

Me too! I kept staring at that egg wondering if the awesome 3D-effect would carry over to the hatchies/adults. Honestly I'm a tad disappointed that it's not actually a 3D thing, I think it'd be very interesting to see a dragon with a 3D effect and see how spriters could actually make that look good.

edit: Forgot to mention, still flooding in the biomes?! My goodness this is strange and weird and unexpected. Not complaining by any means, just surprised and wondering if it's just because there are so many new breeds this time or if everyone complaining about the short flood times finally worked!

Edited by HeatherMarie

How could I miss this?!?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oh my so many eggs, so many beautiful Dragons!!!

Thank you SOOO much!

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

TJ's will likely magically switch genders! XD

That was my first thought when I read about this, but I don't think so in this case; I think the adults simply don't have dimorphism, so it doesn't matter what gender the page shows them at (and indeed the mono-gendering helps to signal the sprites are not gender-dependent, which may be intentional). They just have two variants, one that's blue and one that's brown. ^_^

I’m beyond thrilled for the Bauta/Blancback hybrid, I totally love those two breeds and I can’t wait to see what the hybrids look like🤩

Happy birthday!

Edited by user560

Happy birthday DC!

Thanks for all those beautiful new breeds! The idea for new hybrids is super! I like it very much.

10 hours ago, milo said:

Updated my lil sprite-collecting guide to reflect the new info about the pygmies!! Idk if anyone else uses these hahah. This release is so cool!

I found it helpful, thank you! 😃 

It always amazes me just how long this kind of website lasts! Same with Magistream. Since Valenth crumbled away I'm always grateful for DC and Magi to still be around!

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

TJ's will likely magically switch genders! XD

They always do unless it's a Valentine/Christmas dragon (I'm almost certain there will never be single gender regular dragons ever again [looking at you old bright pink [Aria] and Purple dragons])

Wow, this is quite a surprise. But then DA has a truly messed up system in place now.

Nevermind

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!

Eggs and hatching are very pretty, so far. :)

YAY!!!! Scroll locked and happy!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!!!

Edited by blackmagicrose
color code didn't work.