TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

I was wondering about that too.

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm thinking bred alt for the red version of the brilliant blue spots one.

Nope, I've just seen a CB red version from Alpine in one of the hatcheries.

UPD.

And one more. It was from Alpine, too.

Edited by Laliana

Could it have been TJ's ?

No - his have no biome. Interesting....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Oh darn - mine are neither of them from Alpine.

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

4 minutes ago, Caileh said:

So, then it probably depends on when the eggs were stolen. My egg was stolen before 6 am so that's why it hatched blue despite hatching after 6 am. Those eggs that hatch red now probably were stolen after 6 am, while the eggs that hatched earlier hatched blue because they were stolen before 6 am. Hatching time doesn't matter though.

That makes sense. I am rather glad they are NOT bred alts.

Just now, Caileh said:

I saw some hatching red a few moments ago that were at 3d 16h and 3d 18 h. So if I don't calculate wrong they also were stolen before 6 am. I think it depends on hatching, maybe hatching after 8 am?

18 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

I saw some hatching red a few moments ago that were at 3d 16h and 3d 18 h. So if I don't calculate wrong they also were stolen before 6 am. I think it depends on hatching, maybe hatching after 8 am?

Yeah, so did I now so it can't depend on the time it was stolen. So your theory that it depends on hatching before/after 8 am seems to make the most sense!

Crikey, reading through all this lot is making my brain hurt.

I now have a pair of each colour of pygmies! 😁

ETA:  Err...scrap that - a volcano one just hatched yellow!!

Edited by quinney

I forgot to put my stuff in a hatchery so I guess I'll have to wait even longer to catch up on the stuff I missed the first day.

57 minutes ago, Caileh said:

Mine were stolen within minutes of each other....

Whee!!! lots of pretty hatchlings. So now I'm working on a second batch of eggs. I'm having trouble finding the seed pygmy eggs though. Anyone else having trouble with those?

Ooooh, I love hearing what everyone thinks about the blue spots! Whatever it ends up being, I hope they're easy enough to get.

I was all excited about getting my frozen goals down to about 150, this is about to rise them up quite a bit!

Is there any chance that the distinction (blue spots hatchling color) is based on time stolen, but with a different dividing line?  For instance, maybe 4AM/8PM?  Or maybe some interaction of laying/stealing-time and hatching time (something like, "if it was stolen before 6AM and hatches before 6AM, it will be blue; if it was stolen after 6AM and hatches after same, it will be blue; if it was stolen before but hatches after, or was stolen after but hatches before, then it will be red"?  Or "If the time left until the egg dies includes an odd number of hours, it will be one color, and if the tluted is even, it'll be the other" maybe).  I admit I can't think of any reason why either of these would make any lore-based sense, though.

It's possible there'll be a hint in the adult's description, so we might be able to tell tomorrow when TJ's grows up.

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I now have a pair of each colour of pygmies! 😁

ETA:  Err...scrap that - a volcano one just hatched yellow!!

Is that the hatchling on your scroll right now?  The yellow-orange-red one?

There are actually two colors with yellowish manes, one with a green body and one with a red body.  Does your hatchling actually contradict the current theory?

May 2020 seed blue hatchling May 2020 seed blue mature hatchling blue - alpine and coast

May 2020 seed yellow hatchling May 2020 seed yellow mature hatchling green-and-yellow - desert and jungle

May 2020 seed orange hatchling May 2020 seed orange mature hatchling red-and-yellow - forest and volcano

Edited by Pilauli

I'm still having an awful time trying to find the slippery eggs in the coast; they can come from there, right? They seem to be everywhere in the forest and jungle, so their relative coastal scarcity is rather mind-boggling.

I can't remember for certain but I know the coast is always a hard place to get things in my experience. I think the wiki has been getting updates though!

10 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Is there any chance that the distinction (blue spots hatchling color) is based on time stolen, but with a different dividing line?  For instance, maybe 4AM/8PM?  Or maybe some interaction of laying/stealing-time and hatching time (something like, "if it was stolen before 6AM and hatches before 6AM, it will be blue; if it was stolen after 6AM and hatches after same, it will be blue; if it was stolen before but hatches after, or was stolen after but hatches before, then it will be red"?  Or "If the time left until the egg dies includes an odd number of hours, it will be one color, and if the tluted is even, it'll be the other" maybe).  I admit I can't think of any reason why either of these would make any lore-based sense, though.

It's possible there'll be a hint in the adult's description, so we might be able to tell tomorrow when TJ's grows up.

Is that the hatchling on your scroll right now?  The yellow-orange-red one?

There are actually two colors with yellowish manes, one with a green body and one with a red body.  Does your hatchling actually contradict the current theory?

May 2020 seed blue hatchling May 2020 seed blue mature hatchling blue - alpine and coast

May 2020 seed yellow hatchling May 2020 seed yellow mature hatchling green-and-yellow - desert and jungle

May 2020 seed orange hatchling May 2020 seed orange mature hatchling red-and-yellow - forest and volcano

Ah, right - it threw me as the blue one just has one colour.  Doesn't take much to confuse me, but I'm so glad I'm wrong!

The trouble is that the slippery egg is the only one that's supposedly available there that I never see, even in passing. Plenty of the other birthday eggs in the coast. Plenty of slipperies in the other two biomes they're available in. The all-biome eggs dominating a limited-biome egg is very strange.

Edited by Kith

Curious about the Hybrid from The undine x white. The Undine has an alt, so would that have any impact on the colors for the hybrid as well, or no? I bred mine with an alt Undine, so we can maybe test that?

40 minutes ago, Kith said:

The trouble is that the slippery egg is the only one that's supposedly available there that I never see, even in passing. Plenty of the other birthday eggs in the coast. Plenty of slipperies in the other two biomes they're available in. The all-biome eggs dominating a limited-biome egg is very strange.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any in the Coast, not do I see any Coast-based ones in the hatcheries, and I didn't catch anyone claiming they caught one from the Coast in the first couple of pages. I'd guess if someone did find one in the Coast it was a super early glitch, reported in some chatroom or another, and they're not meant to drop in the Coast after all?