TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Looks like soulpeaces have some new unicorn siblings. :D 

4 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

birthday_babies.png

GASJHDFGLKSDHGSDLGKH CUTE

Hap Birf DC!

Yeah..... no. Nope. Not happening. Impossible. This is outrageous!

Do y'all really expect me to possibly be able to pick a favorite?! OMG! I am freaking out with how cute and amazing these hatchlings are!! I don't know how i'm gonna handle the adults. 

I needz moar of d'eez!!! :wub:

Spriters, you never cease to amaze and astound me with your talent! This is awesome! Thank you, and thank you TJ!! :D

26 would let you get as many as TJ has.  Wait.  26 combinations of variant and dimorphism, 26 letters in the alphabet.  Coincidence?

Okay, probably.

S2s are interesting -- most of them not what I expected from the S1. But I am having trouble figuring out the anatomy of the white and fluffy one. What are those things on its back that look like an extra set of upper extremities? And it looks like it is awkwardly sitting on its tail. Cute anyway! I am loving them all.

Lol all four wyvern hatchlings are female. But the orange/red S2s are not what I expected; I was hoping to see their wings like the blues ones.

WAIT - all of the spotted ones have gendered female and there are two types. But they can't ALL be female - or have we a non-holiday single sex breed ? (No, because I was able to influence...)

ninjaed.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

WAIT - all of the spotted ones have gendered female and there are two types. But they can't ALL be female - or have we a non-holiday single sex breed ? (No, because I was able to influence...)

I noticed this too! But one of my spotted blue eggs definitely precogged male!

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

S2s are interesting -- most of them not what I expected from the S1. But I am having trouble figuring out the anatomy of the white and fluffy one. What are those things on its back that look like an extra set of upper extremities? And it looks like it is awkwardly sitting on its tail. Cute anyway! I am loving them all.

I was thinking some sort of antennae or feelers or somesuch, though I'm not sure any form of dragon would have those? 

Maybe it has vestigial wings?

Also, look at these characteristics: white, fluffy, lives in mountains, has 4 feet.  Are we sure these aren't alpaca dragons or something?  Well, okay, alpaca doesn't sort between cheese and coastal waverunner, but "or something" might be valid.

Is it related to pillow dragons?  Honestly, if you told me it was a hybrid of white x pillow, I would probably have believed you.

2 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Maybe it has vestigial wings?

Also, look at these characteristics: white, fluffy, lives in mountains, has 4 feet.  Are we sure these aren't alpaca dragons or something?  Well, okay, alpaca doesn't sort between cheese and coastal waverunner, but "or something" might be valid.

Is it related to pillow dragons?  Honestly, if you told me it was a hybrid of white x pillow, I would probably have believed you.

I guess abominable snowman dragon doesn't work either, nor yeti. XD

That would certainly be apt parentage for it if it were a hybrid. Nods.

WOW!! im a little late but these sprites are looking awesome!! Very eager to see what the non-dragon? will look like...

Quick question, does anyone know if the blue/purple variations of the first dragons are random alts or is one under specific conditions like being bred-only etc? If that's already known, that is
(And also does anyone know how long new releases cave drops last... i want to be able to easily get every egg but egg limits hehe..)

Edited by yakuza0

At a glance, the unicorn one looks like it's galloping to me...

I really wanna use earthquake so I can grab more, but don't wanna risk killing or fleeing 😰

4 hours ago, shannecy said:

I've gotten two shimmerings from two different biomes and three seeds from different biomes to see if they are biome related 🤔

I have a feeling all of my breeding projects will be on hold for a couple weeks 😂

Oooo nice! If that's the case my vote would be:
Blue: Alpine & Coast

Green: Jungle & Forest

Red: Desert & Volcano

It kinda fits nicely TBH

Also LMAO saaaaame for the projects! I wish I had more than 8 egg slots. So many of the dragons look nice and I want them ASAP. ;O;

This is a lovely new release. And do I spot a unicorn-like horn on the white x undine hybrid? ❤️ The colors, too, are reminiscent of an ancient dragon request - the Eastern unicorn dragon. Coincidence? Inspiration? We'll probably never know.

Just want to publicly lodge my name guesses so I can facepalm at how wrong I was later:

16 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

This egg has a checkered shell. Sorted between Imperial Fleshcrowne and Khusa. A hybrid between Bauta and Blancblack.

Jester Dragons? 😮 I would be in favour.

This shimmering egg was hidden far from the others. Found in all biomes. Sorted between Kyanite and Lacula.

Labyrinthines? Or some variant of that word's theme?

This tiny egg resembles a seed. Found in all biomes. Sorts between Paper and Pillow.

Bwahahaha, Peach Pygmies, or Peachfuzz Pygmies. I insist.

This egg’s shell is slippery and clean. Found in Coast, Forest and Jungle. Sorted between Sandwaste and Sapphire.

I am picking "Sapo"-something-or-other! Don't ask me what something-or-other is, I haven't the foggiest. But I'm sticking with the prefix.

I don't have guesses for the others, but am looking forward to the great unveiling. :D

Also, while I'm quoting you madly anyway, thanks for compiling this information in such a highly visible place, Whirlaway. :)

Been a happy place and still is! Not many sites can claim that. Thank you and thanks for all the new lovelies. CONGRATULATIONS!