Jump to content
TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Recommended Posts

Hmm. Both of my spotted eggs hatched into the darker color.

 

And my coast seed baby is blue.

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps the spotted eggs are another time-based one. I haven't seen the second colour in the hatcheries at all.

Share this post


Link to post

Alpine Seedy Babie is Blue, Volcano one is Red, Waiting for the Rest. Probably gonna have to trade for other colors. 

Eeeee im so excited. 

Share this post


Link to post

a few of my eggs hatched and i was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to go into the biomes just now and pick up the ones i was looking for. happy birthday indeed!

Edited by miaou

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have my own seed hatchlings yet, but from what I'm seeing in hatcheries it looks like this:
 

Spoiler

 

Alpine --> blue

Coast --> blue

Desert --> yellow
Forest --> red

Jungle --> yellow

Volcano --> red

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

I don't have my own seed hatchlings yet, but from what I'm seeing in hatcheries it looks like this:
 

  Hide contents

 

Alpine --> blue

Coast --> blue

Desert --> yellow
Forest --> red

Jungle --> yellow

Volcano --> red

 

 

My one from the forest fits right in with this idea. I hope that's all there is to it.

 

This is all quite confusing to memorize. No ideas yet what's causing the different colouring of the spotted ones?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ripan said:

This is all quite confusing to memorize. No ideas yet what's causing the different colouring of the spotted ones?

 

I begin to suspect something like the sun stone/moonstone. Except that here, we even have no idea from the egg !

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

I begin to suspect something like the sun stone/moonstone. Except that here, we even have no idea from the egg !

Or maybe like Sunset/Sunrise? 

Share this post


Link to post

So, for the sake of science I just hid my blue brilliant egg that was about to hatch. Will let it hatch right after 6 AM Cave time and see if that makes it red instead of blue.

 

ETA my pygmy from the Desert just hatched and it's green, so following the already established pattern.

Edited by Caileh

Share this post


Link to post

That makes sense! I thought the brilliant eggs might have a diff colour according to when theyre hatched/caught too, like gemshards!

 

Edited by Corseiss

Share this post


Link to post

The first four of TJs hatchies are all female, so probably once he changes them into the right gender one color will be male and the other female?

Share this post


Link to post

 Axolotl and Alicorn dragons!!!  YEEEESSS!

 

Also awww, colorful puff dragons!  And maybe....Opal dragons?  I hope the checkered dragons are like jester or some kind of masquerade style dragon!

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Caileh said:

So, for the sake of science I just hid my blue brilliant egg that was about to hatch. Will let it hatch right after 6 AM Cave time and see if that makes it red instead of blue.

 

ETA my pygmy from the Desert just hatched and it's green, so following the already established pattern.

Nope! Still hatched blue. :(

Share this post


Link to post

Oh man, I just saw this now ?? Super exciting ♥️ I need to catch three other eggs, but I don’t hope they’ll disappear too soon, I usually catch 2 of each to have one F and M, and I’m almost egglocked

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ironmaiden66 said:

 Axolotl and Alicorn dragons!!!  YEEEESSS!

 

Also awww, colorful puff dragons!  And maybe....Opal dragons?  I hope the checkered dragons are like jester or some kind of masquerade style dragon!

 

The second post lists where the new dragons sort alphabetically, which is helpful for trying to guess the breed names.

 

I don't think Alicorn quite fits between Almerald and Anagallis - were you describing what the hatchies look like, or do you remember seeing them on the Dragon Requests page?

Edited by Pilauli

Share this post


Link to post

My brilliant blue spots from different biomes but both pre-6 am both hatched the same color.  I was able to influence a M/F pair--are TJ's still all female?

 

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

My brilliant blue spots from different biomes but both pre-6 am both hatched the same color.

Maybe time of caught count? 

 

Both were incubated? 

And hatched at 4d left? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I was able to influence a M/F pair--are TJ's still all female?

 

Yes.  I think this is the most logical explanation for that.

 

On 5/22/2020 at 3:54 AM, pinkgothic said:

I think the adults simply don't have dimorphism, so it doesn't matter what gender the page shows them at (and indeed the mono-gendering helps to signal the sprites are not gender-dependent, which may be intentional). They just have two variants, one that's blue and one that's brown. ^_^

 

Elaboration since then: the brown kind is probably an alt.

 

TJ seems to keep one of each adult sprite and gendered hatchling sprite, so it wouldn't bother him if all of his dragons were female for a breed with no gender-specific sprites.

Edited by Pilauli
Someone posted between me and the person I was trying to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Maybe time of caught count? 

 

Both were incubated? 

And hatched at 4d left? 

 

 

Yes--blue spots, both caught before 6 am and incubated, desert and alpine, the same color.

 

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Share this post


Link to post

Also, to get a pristine egg and a checkered egg, you have to breed white x undine and bauta x blancblack, right ? Or did I misunderstand it

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oh well, it's no problem anyway as I have scroll goals of 8 of each color, so it's not like I have no use for it. XD

 

Me too. Hard work, isn't it !

 

5 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

Also, to get a pristine egg and a checkered egg, you have to breed white x undine and bauta x blancblack, right ? Or did I misunderstand it

 

You got it spot on correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.