TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Just now, pinkgothic said:

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any in the Coast, not do I see any Coast-based ones in the hatcheries, and I didn't catch anyone claiming they caught one from the Coast in the first couple of pages. I'd guess if someone did find one in the Coast it was a super early glitch, reported in some chatroom or another, and they're not meant to drop in the Coast after all?

That's what I'm beginning to think, and I was starting to comb the hatcheries looking for coastal ones myself. Thanks for helping.

Slippery is in Coast, Forest and Jungle.

But yeah - I've not seen a coast one either,.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I just went through the hatchery for the Bluespots.

Everything with 6d19 and less is blue, everything with 6d20 and more is yellow/orange/red/whatever. (Looked at about 20 hatchies, between 12:30 and 12:45 cave time.) So I guess the posts above were right, and the point of change is 8 am cave time (could be 8:30, but I doubt it). So it seems to be a day/night thing changing at 8.

(I'm just a bit confused why they should have a different day/night cycle than the Glory drakes, Nocturnes etc. that use 6 to 6...)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

Curious about the Hybrid from The undine x white. The Undine has an alt, so would that have any impact on the colors for the hybrid as well, or no? I bred mine with an alt Undine, so we can maybe test that?

Unless the alt would only show on adults, I doubt it.

I love when DC introduces more alts and unique breeding mechanics, and especially new hybrids. Increased complexity for getting certain dragons really adds interest to the experience, and I appreciate that no one is shy about releasing dragons that are unique in little ways. 

It definitely seems like the slippery egg being in the Coast is either misinformation or an early glitch. Just went through every slippery egg in Valley Sherwood's ER and found none at all from the Coast. 

In the first few hours of the drop I was marking down where I saw each egg. I saw no slipperies in the coast. Of course I saw no shimmering or pygmy eggs in the alpine, either, so my observations were obviously random (or at least incomplete).

Edited by purplehaze

47 minutes ago, Rypnami said:

uh oh thats a lot of pygmies

idk why this made me laugh so hard... i think it's the "uh oh" and the way it mirrors my own reaction. :3 (but a happy kind of uh oh!)

Man I almost wish there was another trophy tier to have more room. Except the next tier that would make sense is like 1,500, and I don't have that many yet xD They all look so awesome! Hoping to add the remaining pretties to my collection. Happy birthday DC!

Could the colors be tied to individual scrolls? Like Snow Angels? 

9 minutes ago, Windy said:

Could the colors be tied to individual scrolls? Like Snow Angels? 

Oh, I hope not! That caused so much controversy I don't think TJ would go there again.

I am happy that i got myself a few eggs.

The hybrid egg will be bred later and not right now.

Good luck to all breeding right now to get the new hybrid breeds. I am happy to have another Pygmy! :wub:

I've seen both a blue and a red one of the brilliant blue spots hatchie on the same person's scroll, going through the hatcheries. So it can't be that the colours are scroll-locked. And checking in the hatcheries early this morning, there were no red ones to be found, so it looks more likely to be time-based. (The blue and the red one on the same scroll hatched 6 hours apart.)

9 hours ago, Pilauli said:

The second post lists where the new dragons sort alphabetically, which is helpful for trying to guess the breed names.

I don't think Alicorn quite fits between Almerald and Anagallis - were you describing what the hatchies look like, or do you remember seeing them on the Dragon Requests page?

I was commenting on their looks, one looks like it has a horn and rainbow colored mane and tail tuff.  The other looks like a salamander body with a facial fringe like an axolotl.  Maybe the axolotl looking one is called a Salamander Dragon? (Which is funny since I thought they would have gone with the mythical interpretation of the salamander, so flamey axolotl, but we'll see!)

Edited by ironmaiden66
Extra thought

6 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

I've seen both a blue and a red one of the brilliant blue spots hatchie on the same person's scroll, going through the hatcheries. So it can't be that the colours are scroll-locked. And checking in the hatcheries early this morning, there were no red ones to be found, so it looks more likely to be time-based. (The blue and the red one on the same scroll hatched 6 hours apart.)

Ah so it's something else. :D 

Did the first-stage brilliant blue spots hatchlings get a minor touch up post-release? I went to compare my red to the Currently Released pics (that wee shoulder sheen seemed easy to miss) and it's redder than the red baby.

(If it helps anybody sort out the mechanics, UGjmO - caught around 3am cave-time, hatched around 10am)

Capture.PNG

One of my blue spots eggs (from jungle) just hatched out blue.

The hatchling currently (as of 5:53 PM cave time) says 7 days left.  Another egg, which I caught almost exactly 24 hours later, currently says 4 days 19 hours.  This provides at least a bit of information about the times of egg-stealing and egg-hatching.

Say!  This would be truly horrible, but could hatchling color be based on some numerological aspect of the codes?  I'm afraid I've been coming up with a lot of ideas for mechanics that everyone would hate.  (Also, there could be a breed where the baby's color is dependent on which of its parents was that breed, although if both or neither were, it picks randomly.  Breeders would hate that.)

There weren't any red ones in the hatcheries last night, though. I witnessed it myself - it was all blue. And you can look back in the thread and see people talking about it. People were guessing that the red ones were bred alts because nobody was hatching any of them until around 8 am cave time. If it were random or code-dependent then we would've been seeing a mix of red and blue from the beginning.

Just had a red/brown hatchling from a blue spotted egg. It was at 4 days 14 hours pre-incubate, so that would be... about 8 AM-ish, when it was stolen?

2 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

There weren't any red ones in the hatcheries last night, though. I witnessed it myself - it was all blue. And you can look back in the thread and see people talking about it. People were guessing that the red ones were bred alts because nobody was hatching any of them until around 8 am cave time. If it were random or code-dependent then we would've been seeing a mix of red and blue from the beginning.

True.

41 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Did the first-stage brilliant blue spots hatchlings get a minor touch up post-release? I went to compare my red to the Currently Released pics (that wee shoulder sheen seemed easy to miss) and it's redder than the red baby.

(If it helps anybody sort out the mechanics, UGjmO - caught around 3am cave-time, hatched around 10am)

Capture.PNG

If you're comparing the sprites to the ones on the wikipedia, the color difference is due to the wiki auto-compressing sprites. It happens to all the sprites uploaded to the wiki, kinda makes them a little duller than the live sprites.