TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Neither of my Undines will touch my Whites, but otherwise I managed to get one of each.

Happy Birthday DC!  

Don't forget to use your BSA Purples for trying the hybrids - no sense in having pairs that will never breed.  
For once, I wish the limit of 8 eggs on a scroll was higher.

Edited by muttduck
spelling

I wish we had more egg slots.  I won't be greedy, 14 would do it!  I also wish that nothing but the new eggs would drop for a fortnight!

Happy Birthday DragCave! It doesn't really seem that long ago that I was catching what was my first new release (Guardians). Wow

The only thing I hate about the birthday release is getting 8 eggs then twiddling my thumbs for 48 hours.  Sigh...  Can't wait to see the adults!

Woah... I just logged in after a few busy days... and SO MANY NEW BABIES!! Love this! So excited!! :D 

12 hours ago, DragonNeko said:

Oh lord, I was gonna spend the day grabbing eggs, but totally forgot...

Why were SO many eggs released at once?! T^T

I vaguely remember the last time that 7 eggs were released on DC's birthday, I only had six eggslots and so could not get 1 of each on initial release.  I chose not to get the Copper eggs then, so later when they were rare, they were a #$%&! to pick up.  Ah, memories.....

Still confused as to why all of TJ's blue spot dragons are all female. Could anyone provide a possible answer? I think it's a glitch, but, I'm curious to see what the males of the species look like.

23 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Still confused as to why all of TJ's blue spot dragons are all female. Could anyone provide a possible answer? I think it's a glitch, but, I'm curious to see what the males of the species look like.

9 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I think the adults simply don't have dimorphism, so it doesn't matter what gender the page shows them at (and indeed the mono-gendering helps to signal the sprites are not gender-dependent, which may be intentional). They just have two variants, one that's blue and one that's brown. ^_^

To elaborate on what pinkgothic said: usually, when TJ only has two of a particular breed of dragon, then the breed has no dimorphism (males and females look the same, all the time), and in that case he doesn't seem to care which gender his own are.  Therefore, two variants with no gender-based dimorphism is the simplest explanation I can think of to fit what he has.

The "mono-gendering helps to signal the sprites are not gender-dependent" explanation is brilliant, if true.

Personally, I think it might be some sort of time-based distinction because the blue ones May 2020 brilliant blue mature hatchling look like they might be associated with daytime, and the brown/red/orange ones May 2020 brilliant red mature hatchling look like night-time.  Looking forward to when everyone else's eggs start hatching, because that should provide more data!

5 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

To elaborate on what pinkgothic said: usually, when TJ only has two of a particular breed of dragon, then the breed has no dimorphism (males and females look the same, all the time), and in that case he doesn't seem to care which gender his own are.  Therefore, two variants with no gender-based dimorphism is the simplest explanation I can think of to fit what he has.

The "mono-gendering helps to signal the sprites are not gender-dependent" explanation is brilliant, if true.

Personally, I think it might be some sort of time-based distinction because the blue ones May 2020 brilliant blue mature hatchling look like they might be associated with daytime, and the brown/red/orange ones May 2020 brilliant red mature hatchling look like night-time.  Looking forward to when everyone else's eggs start hatching, because that should provide more data!

Ahhh~ Okay. That makes a lot more sense. I thought it was a possible slip up with gender, but if they're the same then it makes especially if he goes back later and freezes one as a hatchling. That really did go right over my head. Thank you! and @pinkgothic too!

Happy birthday DC, although I'm a bit late to the party! I see that the pygmy egg has different color variants, does anyone know which biome gives which color? :D 

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Happy birthday DC, although I'm a bit late to the party! I see that the pygmy egg has different color variants, does anyone know which biome gives which color? :D 

Until some of the players start getting hatchies there is no way to tell. And it may be some other factor that decides their color. Right now we can only guess.

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I see that the pygmy egg has different color variants, does anyone know which biome gives which color?

Not yet!  The egg actually looks the same all the time; it's the hatchlings that have different color variants.

After users' eggs start hatching, we can look through the hatcheries and see a lot of hatchling examples which include biome data, but for now, we have no idea.

Managed at least one of each, and pairs of some... :)  Bred a few of the hybrids and released them into the AP. I'll do my own later... :)

Lovely dragons! Happy Birthday to the Cave, TJ and all of us Dragon lovers. ^^

Oof, egg locked! Anyone know the locations of the other eggs? Are they all rare eggs?

10 minutes ago, Hanelli said:

Oof, egg locked! Anyone know the locations of the other eggs? Are they all rare eggs?

On 5/21/2020 at 5:00 AM, Whirlaway said:

The brilliant blue spots on this egg stand out. Found in all biomes. Sorted between Albino and Almerald.

This pristine egg sits in a clear pool of water. Sorted between Almerald and Angallais. A hybrid between White and Undine.

This soft egg was carefully nestled in feathers and snow. Found in Alpine. Sorted between Cheese and Coastal Waverunner.

This egg has a checkered shell. Sorted between Imperial Fleshcrowne and Khusa. A hybrid between Bauta and Blancblack.

This shimmering egg was hidden far from the others. Found in all biomes. Sorted between Kyanite and Lacula.

This tiny egg resembles a seed. Found in all biomes. Sorts between Paper and Pillow.

This egg’s shell is slippery and clean. Found in Coast, Forest and Jungle. Sorted between Sandwaste and Sapphire.

There is a total of 256 breeds as of this release.

At the moment they are dropping fine. We will not know how rare any of them might be until it all settles down.

13 minutes ago, hazeh said:

He got the zoomies. 😁

IMG_20200512_085831.thumb.jpg.9b478f64e0d5c58d88bc0876c41bb456.jpg

Aha! Thought so! 😄