TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Happy new year everyone!  Thank you to TJ for the nostalgia and thank you to @birdzgoboom for a beautiful dragon with beautiful hatchies!

For anyone missing the new release - there are now two eggs in the AP that nobody can pick up. :) 

ETA: Just one egg by now. :) 

Edited by olympe

On 12/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Don't know for SURE but I had that with something last time and IIRC if you pick up the tree and move it, it will end up on top ? (but there have at time been layering issues....)

Thanks. I fear it's a layering issue. Just won't get on top of everything eles...

An Happy New Year! :D

Edited by Moiken

Happy New Year!!!

Btw, does anyone know the recipe for sweet dough for the Holiday Cooking game?

2 minutes ago, Waldfrau said:

Btw, does anyone know the recipe for sweet dough for the Holiday Cooking game?

Preparation sheet - eggs - plain dough - sugar

8 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

How? O.O

~~~~~~

Edit: Okay, now I discover that you can put down a tile OVER a mana shard? WHAT??? I was always struggling, figuring out a method that let me turn every single tile into a shard without backing myself into a corner or cutting myself off from half the board, and now I hear THIS? Wow!

I didn't realize that either! This changes everything!

6 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Preparation sheet - eggs - plain dough - sugar

Thanks, that worked! Finally I managed to make gingerbread.

Happy New Year!

2020 started rather foggy for me this morning...

image.png.082ae8733d799d1214aff484b3e11871.png

24 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Happy New Year!

2020 started rather foggy for me this morning...

image.png.082ae8733d799d1214aff484b3e11871.png

XD

Mine looked a bit like that, too, but it has cleared now.

Happy New Year!

I've completely lost my spatial skills for the tetris game.:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

How? O.O

~~~~~~

Edit: Okay, now I discover that you can put down a tile OVER a mana shard? WHAT??? I was always struggling, figuring out a method that let me turn every single tile into a shard without backing myself into a corner or cutting myself off from half the board, and now I hear THIS? Wow!

How?  I can't figure that one out.

Just to be sure we're clear:

-When tiles are removed (with mana bombs or after you fill an entire row), they leave mana shards behind.

-A tile can be placed on any blank space so long as there is at least one compatible tile next to it and no incompatible tiles.

-A space with a mana shard counts as a blank space for the purposes of placing tiles.

Is that right?

Edit: Oh, the directions actually say this: (missed it the first time :blush:)

If you fill an entire row or column with tiles, they will be destroyed, leaving mana behind and allowing you to place new tiles.

Edited by Pilauli

28 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Just to be sure we're clear:

-When tiles are removed (with mana bombs or after you fill an entire row), they leave mana shards behind.

-A tile can be placed on any blank space so long as there is at least one compatible tile next to it and no incompatible tiles.

-A space with a mana shard counts as a blank space for the purposes of placing tiles.

Is that right?

Edit: Oh, the directions actually say this: (missed it the first time :blush:)

That is correct!

And I have now completed all of the recipes for the Holiday Cooking -- both regular and red star -- and only need a sugar to have all my ingredients restocked as well!

Edited by purplehaze

On 12/30/2019 at 5:39 AM, Ripan said:

I don't think I dare touch anything on my gingerbread house; I'm happy with how it looks from the previous year and I'm afraid that tinkering with it is going to mess up a layering glitch I may have taken advantage of earlier.

However I'm glad to see it become available again to other people!

And I'm especially happy about the chance to change my wreath - I recall the year the event was available it ended rather abruptly and many (myself included) didn't know the cutoff date. I'm very happy with it now 😊

https://dragcave.net/wreath/Ripan

On 12/30/2019 at 6:19 AM, Moiken said:

I'm so glad I finaly can redecorate my gingerbread house. But has anyone an idea why that *&%§' tree keeps getting behind the Window? Whats wrong?? :(

Apparently, this is still a problem.  I'm super annoyed because I WANT a tree in my little yard!  

I'm really loving seeing what everyone else is doing.  Gives me some great ideas!

On 12/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, ShorahNagi said:

Really want to overhaul my Wreath, though I wish there was a 'reset' or 'remove all' option to make undoing it quicker.

No kidding! I literally have hundreds of images on my wreath due to tons of overlapping to get the coloring right.  I want to start from the background, but I do not want to deal with removing those hundreds of images, and just going back over them seems... wasteful?  I dunno. That's dumb.  I'm dumb.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, RicFule said:

So.  What fandoms do the Advent boxes stand for?  I don't recall the first four, but fifth was Doctor Who, no idea on sixth, but seventh is Sherlock, eighth is Harry Potter, and no idea on nine.

The 6th door was the doors of Moria, from The Lord of the Rings, I believe. 

WHY can I not have eggs??!?!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Edited by Emerald01

TETRIS YESSSS!! My all-time favourite game on this site, apart from the mini-video games! Mana shards are easy to rack points up on but very repetitive, while cooking is more efficient but just not my kind of game. ^^

Happy New Year and all that. :D 

I can't tell if it's just because my mind easily slipped back into tetris-mode, but the 'hard' puzzles seem quite a bit easier than the original game. It could be just me. It's so much fun though! 

Am I doing something wrong with this recipe? Both times I've made it it went into the trash. I used oven option. That is my last recipe to make. Thanks!

• Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Spices
  • Mushroom
  • Cheese
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes

3 minutes ago, Bluheart said:

Am I doing something wrong with this recipe? Both times I've made it it went into the trash. I used oven option. That is my last recipe to make. Thanks!

• Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Spices
  • Mushroom
  • Cheese
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes

this recipe is bugged, you need to use the preparation recipe card  instead of the oven card

please let me know if you get the pumpkin pie badge if you did all of them, thanks :D 

Edited by meruru