TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I still love Mana Alchemy. Was it this easy the first time around, or did I only find the strategy a few years late?

((I aim for three rows of elements. Ideally, the first row is empty, the second row consists of pure creation mana, then a row with a neutral tile, then a line of pure change mana, then the original staring neutral tile, then the destruction mana line. Any further neutral tiles go in the other neutral rows. I dispose of the bombs in the corners.

I set the line of destruction mana first, as it'd be in its final row already. With the line of change mana I try to get a contact ('seed') tile of creation and from there, I can rebuild the creation row whenever it exploded. 

The tricky part is to vertically build coloumns to dispose of the building materials once the second neutral tile is in place without damaging said tiles. ))

😁 I know what you mean. I'm currently challenging myself to place as much neutral cards as possible.

mana_collect_neutrals.png

I have made every single red star recipe now!  And since I blew out all my eggs/sugar to get them, those are what has been dropping for me since.

9 minutes ago, LostFate said:

😁 I know what you mean. I'm currently challenging myself to place as much neutral cards as possible.

mana_collect_neutrals.png

:o Wow! I've only had about 5 in total in all the rounds I've played.

@49ER

I think tj has changed things so the ingredients you have less of drop more. I was getting heaps of eggs/sugar/milk when I had hardly any but when I had about 10 of each they stopped dropping as often until I started using them up

Edited by Chaos Rider

2 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

@49ER

I think tj has changed things so the ingredients you have less of drop more. I was getting heaps of eggs/sugar/milk when I had hardly any but when I had about 10 of each they stopped dropping as often until I started using them up

Nah. I have 39 milk and keep getting them. XD

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

:o Wow! I've only had about 5 in total in all the rounds I've played.

Me too, Lagie!

that is good to know....I did not think the system would be that intuitive.  I wonder why it though I needed so gosh darn many grains though??

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Nah. I have 39 milk and keep getting them. XD

When I had around 10 each of sugar etc I went back to getting meat and poulty which I already have plenty of

These are the only screenshots I got of the wall this year, I love how pretty the hatchie-wall was! (This is compressed, won't let me post it bigger, huh. edit: Oh, click for larger, I see!)

1075767132_endofChristmasAPwall2019.thumb.png.820583693700476b35991a6703fb3d4a.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

Think I'll keep the gingerbread house teenage me made. It's gaudy and awful, but very nostalgic. 

Edited by JapanRocks

Thank you for the screen shots, HeatherMarie. I was on my way home when the Holiday wall finally broke. I have never seen it (either slept or was somewhere without any Internet connection) happening.

32 minutes ago, JapanRocks said:

Think I'll keep the gingerbread house teenage me made. It's gaudy and awful, but very nostalgic. 

9 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

@JapanRocks I just looked and I think it's awesome. Definitely keep it. :lol:

Agreed! It's pretty!

48 minutes ago, JapanRocks said:

Very pretty! I gave mine a complete makeover. So now it's simple but cute. ^^

WB

Lovely new dragon, and I really enjoy the Advent Calendar - many thanks to everyone involved!

Not touching my Gingerbread House, and only made minor alterations to my Tree. Really want to overhaul my Wreath, though I wish there was a 'reset' or 'remove all' option to make undoing it quicker.

I'm doing mana alchemy challenge with gaining exactly 575 points. I didn't succeed yet this year but It is possible in theory.

So.  What fandoms do the Advent boxes stand for?  I don't recall the first four, but fifth was Doctor Who, no idea on sixth, but seventh is Sherlock, eighth is Harry Potter, and no idea on nine.

26 minutes ago, RicFule said:

So.  What fandoms do the Advent boxes stand for?  I don't recall the first four, but fifth was Doctor Who, no idea on sixth, but seventh is Sherlock, eighth is Harry Potter, and no idea on nine.

The one with the flowers was Monsters Inc, Boo's door.

There are still bunch of things that I didn't made yet. And I still need bunch of eggs and sugars...

Spoiler

Chocolate Covered
Strawberries    Fruit    Chocolate                Oven Recipe Fire
Cookies    Sweet Dough                    Oven Recipe Fire

Hot Cocoa    Milk    Chocolate    Marshmallows            Oven Recipe Fire

Lemon Tarts    Lemon Curd    Sweet Dough                Oven Recipe Fire

Pastie    Meat    Vegetables    Plain Dough            Oven Recipe Fire

Pumpkin Pie
à la mode    Ice Cream    Pumpkin Pie                Preparation Recipe Knife
S’mores    Chocolate    Gingerbread    Marshmallows            Preparation Recipe Knife

Stollen    Fruit    Nuts    Sweet Dough            Oven Recipe Fire
Strawberry Tarts    Fruit Jam    Sweet Dough                Oven Recipe Fire

Sweet Pastries    Fruit    Sweet Dough                Oven Recipe Fire

Edited by sh20000sh

2 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Not touching my Gingerbread House, and only made minor alterations to my Tree. Really want to overhaul my Wreath, though I wish there was a 'reset' or 'remove all' option to make undoing it quicker.

Yes a reset button would be so helpful. I have like a billion things on my wreath and it's too much work to remove them so I'm just not touching anything I've already made.