TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

4 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Has anyone managed to cook the yam-stuffed mushrooms?

I heard that mentioned method was wrong. You should use prepare instead of oven.

15 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

I heard that mentioned method was wrong. You should use prepare instead of oven.

Indeed. Check the wiki.

These new holiday walls are always a little frustrating - so many eggs and hatchlings I would really really want to pick up, but am not allowed to, and they're blocking the AP for hours... but this time, I just enjoy looking at those incredibly pretty Wintertide hatchlings. Seriously. I love them.  :wub: 

(Of course I still refresh like crazy, hoping to click any other xmas hatchling in the two milliseconds that it is available... :lol: )

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Wow! A whole wall of new eggs. ;)

Someone's going to be upset, though, when no one offers on their trade - 

"Gender swap? My male for a female? Caveborn stolen on 25th"

Guess they don't know they're only male...

There have been loads of people doing that for the various Christmas eggs.... Sad.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I wonder if there is enough people to pick up those Wintertides? I hope by putting them on hatcheries they could at least become wild dragons but it's a tiring job

Well, that was ... 'fun'. FINALLY got all the ingredients for the Gingerbread House, did it the correct way (prep card - gumdrops - hardcandy - gingerbread) I was very careful in that regard, since I'd made mistakes before. So I know I did it right, and still it turned into a mess. Finally after 1½ day I got the eggs and sugar I'd needed for so long, and then the game apparently glitches for me. It's just a game, I know, but blah... takes the fun out of it, I have to admit.

Edited by Immaling
forgot a word

Were the ingredients in the right order ? I was horrified to lose something big that way - it never occurred to me that that mattered.

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Were the ingredients in the right order ? I was horrified to lose something big that way - it never occurred to me that that mattered.

Yes, I double checked before clicking 'make', exactly because I've made mistakes before and now am extra careful.

I forgot how the holly gendering works (bred ones can, apparently, be either gender, but the CB females were a one-time-only thing) and released one of the CB males I caught last year in the hopes of catching another that I could influence female.

It didn't work :P.  It is convenient, though, not to have to worry about influencing holiday checkers.

I, also, have noticed the uptick in sugar/egg frequency, so yay!

OMG This is the 5th time I accidentally declined an offer/entirely cancelled a trade because a mushroom or something loaded more slowly than the rest of the images. 

6 minutes ago, quinney said:

Always sad to see the end of an event.

Aww. It's not over yet. There are still three more doors. XD

I think it's sad to see it end too. Christmas is such a nice holiday, not at all frantic like Halloween.  :D    Have a Happy New Year everyone!

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Aww. It's not over yet. There are still three more doors. XD

I know but the reality of ordinary eggs says it's the beginning of the end. But, as you say, three more doors yet!

2 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Maybe we can see this puzzle in this event?

*crosses fingers!* That was such a fun one!! (If I remember correctly I was grumpy with it at first and then got totally addicted to it, lol)

I was still in bed (...ish) when the holiday wall was ending, but I did manage a couple screenshots (and grabbed a beautiful messy Holly hatchie!). 

2 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Maybe we can see this puzzle in this event?

Ohhhhhhhhh I remember that puzzle! What year was it from again? I can't remember at all. :wacko: It was really fun, though!

Also, sometimes I really don't know when to stop decorating.

2012 Gingerbread house redesign phase 2.png

Thank you for the New Eggs and other activities, both TJ and Spriters...

Never figured out some of them, but enjoyed playing the 'Mana' games...

Is it not possible to layer some items over others? I'm trying to decorate my house, but I can't get the door to go over the window even if I put it on second, or save/refresh then put it on.

image.png.0a9587b6b235cff9e549c122fa85a11b.png

42 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I missed the end of the wall darnit

It was sad...sniff!

Whew. I got really, really carried away with Mana Alchemy once I discovered a strat that'd pretty much let me play the same game forever. I built my score up to 30k before finally deciding to nuke everything the **** up, as my eyes were starting to get really tired from staring at all those tiny pictures on the screen for so long. I swear I sunk over two and a half hours into this game, but I enjoyed every minute of it. :D Thank you, TJ, for bringing this amazing game back!

2019 Mana Alchemy high score.png