TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Snow wars isn't working for me.  The loading bar completes, and the music plays, but nothing shows up.  It did the first time, I checked to see that my fort was the same as before, and then refreshed to go battle, and it said something about being unable to save and to check my internet.  My internet is working fine, but now whenever I try to load the game, I get:  loading bar-> music-> blank screen with music.

Edit: and now even the music has stopped.

Edit 2:  the music is back after a reload, but that's it.

Edit 3:  My browser crashed, and the game was able to reload after I re-opened it

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

As much as I like the tetris game, i can't complete any one, because i can't drag the objects anywhere...

@Nokturna press the tetris piece, then press the square in the grid that you want to put the piece in. The key is paying attention to where the red dot is on the piece.

9 minutes ago, Nokturna said:

As much as I like the tetris game, i can't complete any one, because i can't drag the objects anywhere...

They dont drag, highlight the one you want and click where you want it in the grid.  There will be a red dont on the highlighted piece to show which square will land in the one you click.

Oh! I am dumby. I did not understand I have to click before dragging them. Haha! Oops ❤️ it works just fine now! Thanks guys!

Too bad we can't rebuild our forts from 2013... mine, unfortunately, really looks like (and is) a work in progress. 😛 Although I don't want to complain because this event has been great, thank you!

Very confused.. yam-stuffed mushrooms are made by cooking spices, mushroom, cheese, and mashed sweet potatoes.. right?? I did it twice and it didn’t work, what a waste of ingredients.. somebody please tell me if it’s wrong.

edit: somebody messed up on the wiki, and listed it as cook when it’s really prepare 😕 my ingredients.. ugh

Edited by Iamartistic2

It has been correct on the wiki since 27th December. I know; I corrected it.  Always wise to check back.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:42 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

But the yam-stuffed mushrooms does indeed work with a prep card rather than an oven.

yes!
yes!
yes!

Thank you so much, Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms made it.

Anybody else never get a red star recipe? I collected all the ingredients about 2.5 days ago and created all the basic recipes a day and a few hours ago.

2 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

Anybody else never get a red star recipe? I collected all the ingredients about 2.5 days ago and created all the basic recipes a day and a few hours ago.

They dont drop you have to make them

7 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

And they are all listed in the wiki.

8 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Oh! I thought they required the recipe to make them! Sorry.

6 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

Oh! I thought they required the recipe to make them! Sorry.

They did in the original game, I think, but not now. You can just use the blank cards.

Snow wars does not work for me. The bar loads, the music plays, but when I move the mouse it jumps from one side of the play area to the other. It simply isn't working. I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.9.5.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, question for anyone familiar with this type of tetris game: What on earth can I Google-search for to find something like this online?? I'm trying to find non-DC tetris games to play online, but every search result just gives me the 'falling blocks' type of tetris instead of the more puzzle-type one we have here. Is there a different term for this kind of game other than 'tetris'?

My mom found a version of it, but I can't remember what it's called.  I could ask her later, though.

The video game The Talos Principle features a mini-game pretty much like this; the developers then made a free spin-off that is apparently just the tetris puzzles, called Sigils of Elohim (link to Steam page).  You could maybe check that out (I haven't, but it looks promising).

Logically (based on wikipedia articles) we ought to be able to find games like this with a search for "tetromino tiling game" or something, but guess what I was able to find?  Nothing!  (Oddly, plain "tetrominoes" seems mildly more promising, but I wasn't able to find anything that worked and seemed like the right kind of puzzle.)

gah. I keep running out of eggs for cooking. Needing 'em for the plain dough and then more eggs for the sweet dough just wiped me out! 😂

You currently have 1265 candy

What they heck am I going to do with all these candy canes?  I've unlocked everything I can find, and there are what, six days left?  It'd be nice if we could use the extras to buy ingredients (like EGGS) or resources for the snow wars.  

5 hours ago, Sazandora said:

I like the sound of that. I was so hyped to see Mana Alchemy come back (goodness, I love that game so much :wub:), and I appreciate the chance to redesign my terrible old Christmas tree and gingerbread house. I'd love to see the Advent Calendar return next year, maybe a similar thing could be done for Halloween and Valentine's, too? Or am I asking too much? :P

This. Having variety in the activities keeps things fresh, and provides something for everyone. I personally too liked Mana Alchemy, while Holiday Cooking wasn't right up my alleyway. Looking forward to the possibility of multiple activities in future holidays.

Curious what, if anything, extra candy will be used for. Kind of hoping for a "shop" of sorts where you can trade in candy for little things like a special badge for your scroll or unique items to add to your past creations that weren't part of the first run.

TJ I simply love the Advent Calendar!  It has been fun to have choices of which mini games to play....all, some or none.  I've nearly "cooked" everything possible and once again I am hooked on Mana Alchemy.  I chose to leave my tree, wreath and snow wars alone as they show "where I was" back then in my designing and I am just fine with that.   

Happy New Year everyone!!!