TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

So, has anybody worked out how to unlock the extra decorations for either the tree or the gingerbread house? I don't seem to be able to collect more candy than the standard 300/day (as expected), but none of the extra decorations have unlocked themselves since the first day either. Am I missing something? 😐 

35 minutes ago, Coins In A Jar said:

So, has anybody worked out how to unlock the extra decorations for either the tree or the gingerbread house? I don't seem to be able to collect more candy than the standard 300/day (as expected), but none of the extra decorations have unlocked themselves since the first day either. Am I missing something? 😐 

Have you opened the new door for each day? Days 2 and 5 we got extra candy from the doors. I believe if you got those extras and hit the 300 each day, you should be able to unlock almost every set of decorations so far. 

edit: Also, have you actually tried to unlock the decorations? You have to click the unlock text next to the decoration set.

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Not touching my Gingerbread House, and only made minor alterations to my Tree. Really want to overhaul my Wreath, though I wish there was a 'reset' or 'remove all' option to make undoing it quicker.

I think if there were a reset button I might try to redo my gingerbread house, but it is too much trouble to undo the whole thing piece by freakin' piece! The wreath and tree I would only redo if it didn't destroy the original.

oooh those a pretty.  I still have not figured out what to do with gingerbread house or wreath yet.  

Edit:  The Gingerbread House is glitchy for me.  I cannot make any changes on mine.  I can't get the base color to chnage and they are already unlocked.

I REALLY really hope we get the snow forts again in the advent.  I loved knocking other forts down!

Edited by 49ER

Super cool new holiday and loving that the games are back and we're able to play whatever, whenever! And that they don't disappear ;) Thanks TJ and spriters

ORl2wBx.png

My gingerbread house--inspired by Game of Thrones (House of Black & White)

Is anyone else having trouble getting the gingerbread house decorations to move or stay put?  I barely touch them on any device- mobile, tablet, or PC, and they just disappear.   It's been so long since we had them, I may be forgetting the tricks.

And I haven't decided quite, but the new holiday dragon may be my favorite of the years.  Though I'd feel disloyal to my mistletoes, aegis's (aegii?) and garlands.  Beautiful work, @birdzgoboom!  

I would edit my gingerbread house from last year, I want to add some more things but as soon as I add anything new, the layering on my roof gets screwed up and then I have to exit out of all of it without saving in order to get it back to normal :( I mean, I like the way it looks, I just noticed some decorations I wanted to add to it and some of the trees I wanted to place next to it. Anyways, here are my own decorations:

https://dragcave.net/wreath/DarkPhoenix1191

https://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/DarkPhoenix1191

I'm still working on my tree, the first time I decorated it, it was horrible haha.

49 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

ORl2wBx.png

WOW..... that is amazing.

6 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

WOW..... that is amazing.

Thank you ❤️ Not sure if I want to add to it or just leave it. Either way, I'm happy to finally have a gingerbread house!

1 hour ago, Tetelestai said:

ORl2wBx.png

That’s really lovely—and I appreciate the inspiration behind it, too :D 

45 minutes. That's how long I worked on my gingerbread house. Wasn't done, but went to save. Guess what? 3am Maintenance. I lost the whole thing. 

..... I'll be okay. Just gonna go cry in the corner.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Have you opened the new door for each day? Days 2 and 5 we got extra candy from the doors. I believe if you got those extras and hit the 300 each day, you should be able to unlock almost every set of decorations so far. 

edit: Also, have you actually tried to unlock the decorations? You have to click the unlock text next to the decoration set.

I've been wondering about this. I don't have any "unlock" text next to mine.
I've been only playing the cooking game since I want my wreath/tree/gingerbread house to remain how they are from previous years. So I haven't spent any candy clicking the unlock text on the items on the wreath/tree/gingerbread house pages.But I have never seen any unlock text on the main door page. Proof: https://imgur.com/uIlaG8f

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

That’s really lovely—and I appreciate the inspiration behind it, too :D 

Thank you! I wish there were more small white and black decorations.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

45 minutes. That's how long I worked on my gingerbread house. Wasn't done, but went to save. Guess what? 3am Maintenance. I lost the whole thing. 

..... I'll be okay. Just gonna go cry in the corner.

Omg no! 😮 I'm so sorry! :( :(

1 hour ago, Arwen17 said:

I've been wondering about this. I don't have any "unlock" text next to mine.
I've been only playing the cooking game since I want my wreath/tree/gingerbread house to remain how they are from previous years. So I haven't spent any candy clicking the unlock text on the items on the wreath/tree/gingerbread house pages.But I have never seen any unlock text on the main door page. Proof: https://imgur.com/uIlaG8f

The unlocks using candy is only underneath the tree/wreath/house. As you can see here on my tree page, I have unlocked the baubles and red-orange ornaments, thus no "unlock" button there, but I have yet to unlock the red set (faded out with unlock button).

I too haven't touched or unlocked anything from my gingerbread house because I don't want to change it, but the "unlock" options are still there.

Spoiler

Skärmavbild 2019-12-31 kl. 11.01.26.png

Edited by Ripan

Why does the Encyclopeadia use 2 of the Wintertide sets? Just a mistake? (Like with the Solstices not showing the Day variant, just Wintertides showing an extra instad?)

4 hours ago, DMcongsan said:

So we can not get holiday cooking badge? :(

no that was only obtainable the one year. this time its the #19 badge

21 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Why does the Encyclopeadia use 2 of the Wintertide sets? Just a mistake? (Like with the Solstices not showing the Day variant, just Wintertides showing an extra instad?)

??

I only see one set.

Idk, could that be just because I did see Birdz' SA?

wintertide doubled.png

I remember that for a while I had Infinis' SA Caligene sprites unlocked - until it was just removed at some point:P and since Birdz didn't have the SA sprite show on hatchlings, it's not impossible that it's the SA I'm seing in my Encyclopeadia xD  won't manage to click 15 of Birdz' SA to find out though, haha:P

Edited by VixenDra