TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Guys I don't want to reset my fort so I'm not opening it. but can people still attack it? I hope stuff doesn't stay broken when the event ends...

1 hour ago, Glaciarie said:

Guys I don't want to reset my fort so I'm not opening it. but can people still attack it? I hope stuff doesn't stay broken when the event ends...

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@TJ09 @purpledragonclaw to poke - PLEASE clarify !

The event instructions clarify this (though admittedly you can't see those if you're avoiding loading the page entirely), but just like last year, all damage is wiped away. Even if your fort is destroyed, others will see it in its pristine state.

Also like last year, resources won't appear unless you load the page and click the "edit fort" button. If you don't do both of those things, your fort will stay as-is.

7 hours ago, cbussiere said:

I made an elder dragon from Skyrim perched on top of a village house. But the head looks more like Rathalos. XD Still gotta do something with my wreath and tree...

image.png.a16ec61726d4efafe87a5c33d85b9982.png

Ginger Bread House: Legendary Edition

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

The event instructions clarify this (though admittedly you can't see those if you're avoiding loading the page entirely), but just like last year, all damage is wiped away. Even if your fort is destroyed, others will see it in its pristine state.

Also like last year, resources won't appear unless you load the page and click the "edit fort" button. If you don't do both of those things, your fort will stay as-is.

Thanks, TJ :)

By the way - https://2016.valkemariantales.com/ won't run on Opera, if there's anything you can....No biggie; I have several browsers, but....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Posted (edited)

I forgot I was here for this!! I remember leaving all my presents there for decor!

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by ComatosedRoses

I am very glad we got the chance to redo our snow forts. Like my ginger bread house, I have mine a complete make over. And I am very happy with it now. ^^

Capture.JPG

9 hours ago, cbussiere said:

I made an elder dragon from Skyrim perched on top of a village house. But the head looks more like Rathalos. XD Still gotta do something with my wreath and tree...

Anyway, OMG SNOW WARS. Is it only going to run for one day?

YO THAT'S SO COOL!!!! 

Posted (edited)

Ow, I really hoped the last game would have been the house decorating from Valkemarian Tales; I left mine a bit messy and I would have loved to fix it 💔 

It's always fun to destroy other people's forts anyway muhuahah

9 hours ago, cbussiere said:

Also this is AMAZING. Chapeau!

Edited by Safira20897

is anyone else’s snow fort refusing to load and crashing? i’m on mobile and the page simply crashes when i try to access it. high traffic maybe?

6 minutes ago, navimei said:

is anyone else’s snow fort refusing to load and crashing? i’m on mobile and the page simply crashes when i try to access it. high traffic maybe?

I have the same problem on mobile, but on computer it works fine, so I figured it's too complicated of a page for the phone to load (if this does make sense lol)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Safira20897 said:

I have the same problem on mobile, but on computer it works fine, so I figured it's too complicated of a page for the phone to load (if this does make sense lol)

First time I tried (left tab, came there a while later and tried to do something), the whole desktop rendering crashed, forcing a reboot. Second time (freshly opened tab) it was dreadfully slow, so I closed it after tossing one snowball.

When does this close? I haven't unlocked all the decorations and haven't finished the decor :(

Oh, and can somebody put a more full set of decorations onto the wiki? Some of them are only a screenshot, others have the small pic, but not the real "on-wreath" look (ribbon bows, for example)...

Edited by Snowwall

Posted (edited)

When editing the fort, how do we scroll down the list of decorations? I remember having trouble with this last year, can't remember the fix.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot.

Edited by Twimm

Today marks the final day of new content for the event. Once you've opened all nine doors, that's all there is to experience. Hopefully you enjoyed the return of almost every past Holiday event (and if you haven't seen already, two of the events that didn't return are available elsewhere anyway).

But: the event isn't over yet. It'll keep going until until January 07 at 23:59 EST. You can continue to collect candy daily, catch up on missing decor unlocks, put the finishing touches on your tree/wreath/gingerbread house/snow fort, or keep slinging surprisingly-heavy weaponry at others.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the Advent Calendar this year. I can't provide any guarantees, but I'd like to be able to make it a yearly thing, so that the various minigames and decoration events are available every holiday season in addition to new content for that year.

8 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Today marks the final day of new content for the event. Once you've opened all nine doors, that's all there is to experience. Hopefully you enjoyed the return of almost every past Holiday event (and if you haven't seen already, two of the events that didn't return are available elsewhere anyway).

But: the event isn't over yet. It'll keep going until until January 07 at 23:59 EST. You can continue to collect candy daily, catch up on missing decor unlocks, put the finishing touches on your tree/wreath/gingerbread house/snow fort, or keep slinging surprisingly-heavy weaponry at others.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the Advent Calendar this year. I can't provide any guarantees, but I'd like to be able to make it a yearly thing, so that the various minigames and decoration events are available every holiday season in addition to new content for that year.

I was PRETTY SURE the old Xmas games were still uploaded somewhere--glad to see the Valentine one is, too! Thanks for sharing the links, and for giving people the chance to catch up on past events they might have not been here before.

Posted (edited)

This has been a nice walk down memory lane. :) Although I didn't choose to change my tree, wreath, or house, it was nice to have the chance and to give people who missed those events a chance to experience them. I enjoyed the cooking much more this time around. It felt much less stressful somehow -- probably largely because the red star recipes were preserved in the wiki and saved us a lot of stumbling through and making messes! And mana alchemy and the tetris game are nice little time-wasters! ;) So thanks a lot TJ for bringing them all back. But I do hope it is not the end of totally new events, either.

Edited by purplehaze

35 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I like the sound of that. I was so hyped to see Mana Alchemy come back (goodness, I love that game so much :wub:), and I appreciate the chance to redesign my terrible old Christmas tree and gingerbread house. I'd love to see the Advent Calendar return next year, maybe a similar thing could be done for Halloween and Valentine's, too? Or am I asking too much? :P

Life had me in it's clutches for years and I missed so many events, so I am glad that we got to experience so much this year! Thank you TJ! This has been the best DC Christmas yet!

I've been playing Holiday Cooking for days and I have all the 17 ingredients.. and I made the 33 recipes you can make without recipe cards. But I still haven't received and red star recipes! I couldn't make any cookies or sandwiches or eggnog :( do you know where I'm going wrong?

13 hours ago, cbussiere said:

wait... that's an elder dragon? I honestly thought it was Rathalos XD 

it's so cool though

This is/was a wonderful holiday event!  And yesssss, Snoooowwwww Waaarrrrs. I love this game. :D

@nuwanda3333: What happens when you use a a blank preparation recipe, select eggs, milk and spices and hit "Make"?

@LostFate yayy I made eggnog! I thought you couldn't make red star recipes without recipe cards? I'll just have to cheat and look at the internet then :D

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

...... *squees softly* That would be so so so awesome.

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I was PRETTY SURE the old Xmas games were still uploaded somewhere--glad to see the Valentine one is, too! Thanks for sharing the links, and for giving people the chance to catch up on past events they might have not been here before.

Wait what?! *rushes to link* Omg Tail of Young Love is there?! Yaaaayyyy! 

Okay, question for anyone familiar with this type of tetris game: What on earth can I Google-search for to find something like this online?? I'm trying to find non-DC tetris games to play online, but every search result just gives me the 'falling blocks' type of tetris instead of the more puzzle-type one we have here. Is there a different term for this kind of game other than 'tetris'?