Kaini

Neglected Dragons

1 hour ago, meeps114 said:

@Shadowdrake so I take it that getting a bunch of views from ARs is more important than getting unique views from different hatcheries?

I don't know, sorry. However, pumping it with lots of ARs makes it refresh really frequently so it *might* have a higher chance of turning than only occasional refreshes. Personally I find that managing ARs is easier than trying to juggle getting enough UV, but if your computer is too slow for all of those ARs UV will work too.

Also I'm in an unofficial Discord DC server, we've got a place where you can chat and do neglecteds. All you have to do is let a mod know your scroll and forum names.

https://discord.gg/raFSFqf

17 hours ago, meeps114 said:

@Kaini I read a bit further back in the thread and noticed that you mentioned a discord for neglecteds. Is there any way I could join it?

Dragon cave has an official discord, info here.

Edit: Also please avoid double-posting - if you have something to add to your post, please use the edit feature.

Edited by Kaini

@Shadowdrake My CB zyu died 2 days ago, but the zyu I bred as backup (messy) turned and insta-hatch at S3 crack just now - my first solo ND! XD Preload 80+ UVs, 1 hatchery at 5 minutes mark, 4 AR tabs at 2 minutes.Thank you very very much for your tips ❤️ 

I just did an experiment on a zyu hatchling, it insta-grew into an adult ND.  Seems to work the same as zyu egg experiments.

Starting stats:

251 uvs, maxed ovs, I think I had only 1 or two clicks.

Ending stats:

265 uvs, maxed ovs, 13 clicks (here)

I hatched the egg while it was ER in order to make sure it had a small enough number of views so it wouldn't insta-grow into a zyu adult.  I also used this dragon as a reference as it grew up with ~2 hours left to live.  I'm going to guess NDs need around 250-300 (I was aiming for 265 exactly this time) ovs to grow.

Overall this type of experiment is useless if you want to trade the ND, and it does require waiting a bit longer.  On the other hand you can free up an egg slot sooner, and there's always the chance to revive a failed experiment.  Plus if you have an awkward ToD you can move it to a better time for you when you hatch it.

Edited by Azuragosa

Just successfully did a zyu-lite exp on a brimstone after it failed the first go. I wasn't watching while it AR'd but conveniently once it turned it hatched as an ND without even any extra views. So! Brimstones are technically stubborn enough that they can insta-hatch like zyus without being hatched themselves, though the margin of error is much smaller. Mine was already at s5 (huge hole) by the time I started the exp and just AR"d it. There are probably multiple breeds that are similarly stubborn.

Got a brimstone to pop like a zyu just at s3 (105 uv)! I'll have to take a look into which breeds are similarly stubborn enough to do the same thing, but this is far easier than catching zyus.

@Shadowdrake - I took your advice from Discord about starting with a few UV and having the egg be at s1.

It’s a little less than an hour left to start my first experiment, but just wanted to know if using 3 devices will be enough to AR it? I’ll also put it in all hatcheries. I’m not going to teleport it as I don’t have a catcher, so we’ll see how this goes, lol. 🤞

@Solaries I've forgotten what you're doing 😅 Could you remind me? Personally I've only ever bothered using one device to AR, and maybe relegate any chatting to a mobile device if I have it. If you're doing a regular breed of dragon, all hatcheries miiight be too much, but more info will let me tailor my advice.

@Solaries What UV is it currently at? If it's too high, like over 80, being blasted with ARs might just make it hatch immediately.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Solaries Ah, yeah, by S1 crack I meant for the neglected so it actually has a chance of hatching when you press kill/EQ. I recommend doing the ar slowly once it hits about a minute and a half left, maybe two or three boxes and see how fast it cracks, but get more tabs ready so you can blast it if it turns or it gets really low in time without turning. If it turns early and you AR fast enough/add to more hatcheries it can theoretically hatch on its own as an ND, but keep the kill/EQ window up in case it doesn't.

@Shadowdrake - Oh, well... lol, I’ll try that for next time. Okay, I’ll set up everything now and hope for the best. Is there a specific timeframe of when I should kill it? Like when I see the big hole, s5? What if it doesn’t turn—kill it anyways? Thanks for your help!

@Solaries Good luck! No one's done kill testing yet, so I can't help you there. All I know is it *has* to be cracked to be able to hatch, but I don't know if s1 to s5 differ in odds. Personally I'd just kill at s1 ND if it turns late, since I'd rather have a chance of a hatchie rather than it dying of time and having no chance at all.

If you *really* want the regular hatchie too you can kill it if it doesn't turn, but if it gets killed it'll lock your eggslot for 24 hours. If it dies by running out of time it won't take up a slot. I personally wouldn't bother killing a regular egg.

@Shadowdrake - Okay, I’ll post my results here regardless if it turns or fails. 🤞

Edit: The Storm egg died! 😞

I unfogged at xx:47:00 and placed it in 3 AR boxes & 1 hatchery.

Then when I saw it at s3, I added 1 more hatchery.

It died exactly at xx:48:49. I didn’t have a chance to kill it.

Edited by Solaries
Posted results.

I can't believe it. I've been on Dragon Cave since 2009, and got my first ever neglected. So happy.

I used a bred egg, (silver tinsel).
Let it get to 161 /69 /1   and then fogged it.
Unfogged it and put it in numerous ARs and viewing sites at 4 minutes before time of death.
Had a friend ready to catch it, but it hatched and remained on my scroll. They clicked to accept the trade, but it said another user had already claimed it (but it just hatched on my scroll)
Total views/clicks  was 2,117/142/5

(Edit - I done another two experiments just prior to the successful one. One egg died. The other hatched as a normal hatchling)

(Edit again - a few hours later I tried another 3 experiments, and the results were two normal hatchlings, and another neglected)

Thank you so much to all the people who have given advice here. I never thought I would ever get one. Thank you thank you thank you.

Edited by RoseRedAus

@RoseRedAus Congrats! 👍

-----

I've tried experimenting with Brimstone eggs several times as well. They always turned and insta-hatch at 95 - 105 UVs. If the egg gets 110 UVs, it'll hatch normally.

(preload 80 - 90 UVs, 5 AR tabs, 1-2 hatcheries. I use AOND and Valleysherwood - added at 2 minutes before ToD.)

Brimstone has become my favourite egg for solo experiment now. Thanks to everyone who suggested it. :D 

Edited by banban007

I tried to experiment again with two Brimstones for the first time in two years (I had given up since every other time I tried I never got any to turn or even to hatch normally, and it seemed like it was impossible to do it alone), and I had my first ever turn today! However, it ended up dying instead of hatching; I was going to try and force it when I saw how close it was to the TOD, but by the time I went to the actions page it had already died. :( My second egg also died, but it didn't turn anyway.

So, quick question - if I'm going to use the first method and teleport it away, do I still need to give it a lot of views the last minute? ie, is receiving a lot of views in the last minutes a requirement for neglected, or would it turn by itself if I just leave it alone (and then teleport it away to save if it turn)? Thanks

2 hours ago, IOU said:

So, quick question - if I'm going to use the first method and teleport it away, do I still need to give it a lot of views the last minute? ie, is receiving a lot of views in the last minutes a requirement for neglected, or would it turn by itself if I just leave it alone (and then teleport it away to save if it turn)? Thanks

I have never had an egg turn when left completely alone (and I've forgotten a lot of eggs), so I would say the adding views step is required. You can just add to hatcheries when you start the exp if you can't give it ovs yourself, but it's hard to watch for it turning if you don't use an AR.

trying for a neglected again after years..! i'm pretty sure i made the other 2 on my scroll myself, way back when, but i have no memory of it tbh... but i literally have no idea where i would have gotten them if i hadnt made them myself. i do remember being very into at least trying back then though. anyway, trying out with a zyu, just preloaded it right now. 

seeing that brims are a popular candidate for neglecteds makes me a bit sad 😢 think of all the little brims dying instead of turning... i'm also a fan of zyus tho and i'm interested in using them in any future attempts, so i guess i cant complain LOL. 

9 hours ago, IOU said:

Think of the views you're giving it before ToD each as a dice roll for a Neglected dragon. It's a d50 (or something), so it takes a lot of rolls to get the right value. You might get a Neglected dragon if you don't roll a lot of those proverbial dice, but it's much, much more likely if you roll often, i.e. hammer it with views.

Never thought I'd be able to get a Neglected with me being on Dragcave for 8 years, but I finally got one...! :D

I tried the Zyu method, spamming ARs on my dragon with as many tabs as I could 2 minutes before death, and it worked! 
When I used to try for neglecteds, it was back when it was banned on the forums so information was really obscure. I used to try this on commons (like Gray dragons), and spam views when it was 5 minutes before death... It would always kill my eggs, or they would hatch, but not turn.

Thank goodness this thread exists! I hope I can keep trying this method in the future, and make an army of cute broccolis. :P 

2 hours ago, Seliana said:

Never thought I'd be able to get a Neglected with me being on Dragcave for 8 years, but I finally got one...! :D

congrats!! :D 

2 hours ago, Seliana said:

When I used to try for neglecteds, it was back when it was banned on the forums so information was really obscure.

same here, i think i might have just been very lucky with mine. or at least lucky enough. i'm sure i musve been grinding the hell out of this to try and get one (or some) and managed to only get one or two... hopefully both of us now have better luck with this new information!

i used to think that you needed to keep it at 1/1/1 until time of death, so glad that this thread is here to disprove that. i might have honestly accidentally given my old ones clicks before their due time, which might explain my luck..!