Kaini

Neglected Dragons

@High Lord November Last time, they dropped early New Year's morning, about a day after the holiday hatchie wall broke. Halloween's most of them went wild; I don't recall when they dropped, but they were around 3d 12h left when they showed up in ap.

There used to be groups that did this.... we'd sit haunting the abandon page to rescue them when we yelled "turn" and had to toss them to get the day and then snatch them back. :D

The teleport link is so much more civilized.  

Do groups still work together to turn them?  None of the old Mibbit rooms I used still exist.

Edited by egwenna
typo

I've thrown a few in. I'd like to grab any myself, I'm really into them now but I never see anything that people say to look out for in the AP ( living and working in the UK doesn't help...).

Hahaha, it'd be just my luck to see and click on one of my own, and not be able to have it! 😂😂

13 hours ago, egwenna said:

Do groups still work together to turn them? 

The unofficial DC discord (I have a link in my sig) has a channel dedicated to making neglecteds, and is very good if you're familiar with discord. I don't know of any other groups, sadly.

It's nice that you're allowed to talk about Neglecteds now! Before I came back it was still banned.

I'd love to try to make one of my own but the process is a bit daunting tbh. I saw the Zyumorph method and I'll try that first.

I've also heard about abandoned page Neglecteds? Not sure the details on that but of course I'd rather snag one of those. :^)

I lie in a strange timezone though so I'm not sure how feasbile it'd be for me LOL.

1 hour ago, herduleik said:

I'd love to try to make one of my own but the process is a bit daunting tbh. I saw the Zyumorph method and I'll try that first.

The only reason I attempted to make my own was because of the solo method with Zyu's. I've had many failures and just a handful of successes with them but the feeling of making just one of your own is great.  I'll keep trying between releases. Good luck!

1 hour ago, quinney said:

The only reason I attempted to make my own was because of the solo method with Zyu's. I've had many failures and just a handful of successes with them but the feeling of making just one of your own is great.  I'll keep trying between releases. Good luck!

I can see you've had a few successes; congrats on that! Must be a stellar accomplishment HAHA. I think I'd be content with one for now but the process seems so stressful..

Just the waiting until the last second aaahh - I'm also not too clear on the minute details so if someone wants to perhaps contact me on discord Vika#5328 at some point, I'd love to ask some questions, perhaps? (and not spam the thread haha :^) )

7 minutes ago, herduleik said:

I can see you've had a few successes; congrats on that! Must be a stellar accomplishment HAHA. I think I'd be content with one for now but the process seems so stressful..

Only the ones with my name were made by me. I had just one that was a gift for a couple of years, then a few months ago it was discovered that zyu's could become insta hatchies. You need to read back in this thread, for all the information. 

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The unofficial DC discord (I have a link in my sig) has a channel dedicated to making neglecteds, and is very good if you're familiar with discord. I don't know of any other groups, sadly.

I'm Sarcasmatic on Discord. I've joined the unofficial as well as the official Discord for DC and started looking around. I don't see anything for NDs but I'll take another look. I have a stack of them. So, honestly, I don't need more, but I miss the community we had when we were making them. There is something special about successful teamwork and you never forget your first Turn. I'd love to be able to help others have that experience. :)

I appreciate the support everyone has given my endeavor but with the new update it is no longer possible. There will be no more neglecteds made in the AP.

It is disheartening that an unannounced drastic change to the website has essentially wasted weeks of planning for people who were able to participate. 

Such a shame. I was looking forward to it, too, was hoping for a couple myself!  😄 Oh well, as I said on the AP thread, what will be will be.

(I have my fingers crossed for a zyu tonight...)

I've bred my first Zyu to try to make a Neglected and Im so nervous LOL, wrote down the exact time (hr, minute, second) it bred.

I have one question about the method - it says that you unfog the egg around 15 mins before your attempt. Then you .. only you? Give it views with The Allure of Neglected Dragons' autorefresher thing? You put it into multiple boxes there? Or do you add the egg into hatcheries at this time ALONG WITH the auto refresher? (English isn't my first language so some of the wording is a touch confusing to me, I apologise!).

Thank you for any help! ;_;

1 minute ago, herduleik said:

I've bred my first Zyu to try to make a Neglected and Im so nervous LOL, wrote down the exact time (hr, minute, second) it bred.

I have one question about the method - it says that you unfog the egg around 15 mins before your attempt. Then you .. only you? Give it views with The Allure of Neglected Dragons' autorefresher thing? You put it into multiple boxes there? Or do you add the egg into hatcheries at this time ALONG WITH the auto refresher? (English isn't my first language so some of the wording is a touch confusing to me, I apologise!).

Thank you for any help! ;_;

15 mins is far too early. Unfog at about 3 mins. 

I personally add the egg into as many hatcheries as possible. Usually only 1 at 3 mins left and the rest at 2-3 mins. Ease it in. 

4 minutes ago, Kaini said:

15 mins is far too early. Unfog at about 3 mins. 

I personally add the egg into as many hatcheries as possible. Usually only 1 at 3 mins left and the rest at 2-3 mins. Ease it in. 

Oops, thank you! I was linked to Shadowdrake's extremely helpful guide post from 2019 and read that. Okay, so don't touch the egg until about 3 mins left. Then add it into hatcheries ALONG WITH the autorefresher? There are five slots in the linked AR, do you use all 5? Or less?

Shadowdrake's guide also says that you can give the egg a little amount of UNIQUE views (says 60 to about 100) any time before the actual experiment - is this still an applicable course of action?

Apologies for so many questions - I'd just like to be clear since I've never done this before! 😱

Edited by herduleik

26 minutes ago, herduleik said:

Oops, thank you! I was linked to Shadowdrake's extremely helpful guide post from 2019 and read that. Okay, so don't touch the egg until about 3 mins left. Then add it into hatcheries ALONG WITH the autorefresher? There are five slots in the linked AR, do you use all 5? Or less?

Shadowdrake's guide also says that you can give the egg a little amount of UNIQUE views (says 60 to about 100) any time before the actual experiment - is this still an applicable course of action?

Apologies for so many questions - I'd just like to be clear since I've never done this before! 😱

For zyu's, yes, you need to pre-load them with UVs before the experiment for it to work.

I use all 5 AR slots, yea. sometimes I open another tab and use that too if it's not catching up to UVs fast enough. And yes, do both. Hatcheries will get it UVs, the AR will get it views. You want views to cap out with UVs.

Just now, Kaini said:

For zyu's, yes, you need to pre-load them with UVs before the experiment for it to work.

I use all 5 AR slots, yea. sometimes I open another tab and use that too if it's not catching up to UVs fast enough. And yes, do both. Hatcheries will get it UVs, the AR will get it views. You want views to cap out with UVs.

Wonderful, this is all exactly what I needed to know; thank you so much!

Excited to try now with all of this fabulous information and clarifications; thank you again for your time! 😊

10 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I appreciate the support everyone has given my endeavor but with the new update it is no longer possible. There will be no more neglecteds made in the AP.

I'm not a Mad Scientist, and the ND-making process still confuses me, so forgive me if this sounds dumb, but would it not be possible to pull off by breeding an even bigger wall of eggs next time as sort of a "buffer", or something like that?

1 hour ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I'm not a Mad Scientist, and the ND-making process still confuses me, so forgive me if this sounds dumb, but would it not be possible to pull off by breeding an even bigger wall of eggs next time as sort of a "buffer", or something like that?

Theoretically possible but extremely improbable, as you'd be fighting with people who keep adding hatchery eggs to ERs, and at that point one egg can hatch in 10 mins or less. The sheer amount of eggs necessary to make it go lower and lower would be utterly ridiculous.

14 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Theoretically possible but extremely improbable, as you'd be fighting with people who keep adding hatchery eggs to ERs, and at that point one egg can hatch in 10 mins or less. The sheer amount of eggs necessary to make it go lower and lower would be utterly ridiculous.

Well, that's a shame. :( But at least you successfully pulled it off one time, which is still pretty impressive.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to ShadowDrake's tutorial and this thread, because today I made my first ND! I've recently rejoined the site after many years away, and never thought I'd be able to, but following the guide here worked wonders!

It also means not quite all of the eggs destined to be NDs on the AP went to waste! I had two failures too, but one is more than I expected. I used the solo zyu etc method.

1 hour ago, TheGrox said:

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to ShadowDrake's tutorial and this thread, because today I made my first ND! I've recently rejoined the site after many years away, and never thought I'd be able to, but following the guide here worked wonders!

It also means not quite all of the eggs destined to be NDs on the AP went to waste! I had two failures too, but one is more than I expected. I used the solo zyu etc method.

That was you! I saw some low time stuff in Valley and was crossing my fingers. Congrats :D 

I hope to try and make one tonight :P a bunch of low time eggs flew in the AP and I managed to grab a decent candidate. I am anxious to try, I find I tend to unfog waay too early! This time Im not being a pansy and unfogging at 2/3 mins left. 

Boo it didnt turn and died! :(

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

Well done, TheGrox!

I had one success and one fail today.  I had my success first, so copied exactly what I did for the second, three hours later.   It got loads more views and uv's more quickly than my first did so I can only put it down to the traffic in the two fansites. Just goes to show that there's an element of luck as well.  But yes, I follow Shadowdrake's way.

i have two lined up for tomorrow, one zyu was already pre-loaded and i hve high hopes for it, but you never know..! im still trying to get into the groove of this ^^; another was a lumina that i just preloaded, but im worried for it.

also, @Shadowdrake, i was checking my action log to see which eggs of mine that were SUPPOSED to be in the wall turned, and i saw one of my baby brims turned.. but died! how unfortunate :( still cool that it turned though :P none of my zyus seemed to be experimented on at all, but three of the brims turned, only one survived. hope theyre being cared for!

@InvaderAlexis haha, that might have been one or two of my exps 😅 I live in Texas and got hit by the rolling blackouts, so had to do them on mobile and my turns ended up dying. Such bad luck this holiday ;u;