Kaini

Neglected Dragons

For working solo what I tend to do is get it to about 60 UVs when it's low on time, about 2-3 days left, refog until about 10 minutes left, set it up in AoND's AR (I do about 15 between computer and cell phone), then at about 5-6 minutes left add it into every active hatching site. This way it'll have enough views to auto hatch once it turns. I've had a good amount of success with zyus using this method, but it's still a hit or miss so it might not turn anyways.

I only have one of these in my almost 10 years of being here. One. And it was a trade. This is complete nonsense and is incredibly hard to obtain. I believe this should be changed instead of being an exclusive part of the site that still continues to be a thing for whatever reason. I don't understand the point of it one bit.

13 minutes ago, Diame said:

I only have one of these in my almost 10 years of being here. One. And it was a trade. This is complete nonsense and is incredibly hard to obtain. I believe this should be changed instead of being an exclusive part of the site that still continues to be a thing for whatever reason. I don't understand the point of it one bit.

It just takes practice.

And they're certainly not 'exclusive' - we all have the ability to obtain them. They can even be obtained solo.

I personally like the challenge. After ten years on the site I've collected everything else just about ten times over. NDs are the only thing that still require effort, keep the game fresh and fun.

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

It just takes practice.

And they're certainly not 'exclusive' - we all have the ability to obtain them. They can even be obtained solo.

I personally like the challenge. After ten years on the site I've collected everything else just about ten times over. NDs are the only thing that still require effort, keep the game fresh and fun.

I'm afraid not everyone has your luck, nor even has the same degree of standards when it comes to what makes a game enjoyable. I'm glad you have collected "everything" to an extent, but some of us don't have that opportunity. I hate having this simply unobtainable cloud hanging over my head whenever I come on here, the time should be increased from but a few measly minutes to at least an hour or two. I'd honestly thought the site would come much farther than to allow this sort of thing to continue existing, it just simply isn't fun.

2 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

Egg died. 

Said 1 hour remaining all the way up to TOD.

Started viewbombing it with just 30 mins left. 

Too early - 2-3 minutes before death is when you want to start VBing. It can only turn in the last minute of life. : >

Edited by Kaini

6 hours ago, Kaini said:

Too early - 2-3 minutes before death is when you want to start VBing. It can only turn in the last minute of life. : >

I'm definitely going to be trying again. The action log made it very easy to narrow down the TOD. 

I don't think I put it in enough hatcheries, because it died before it hatched. 

3 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

I'm definitely going to be trying again. The action log made it very easy to narrow down the TOD. 

I don't think I put it in enough hatcheries, because it died before it hatched. 

Well, unless it turns you don't want it to hatch anyway. If you're doing a zyu I think s1 or s2 crack on a zyu is a good end goal since neglecteds will usually hatch at that view level.

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

Well, unless it turns you don't want it to hatch anyway. If you're doing a zyu I think s1 or s2 crack on a zyu is a good end goal since neglecteds will usually hatch at that view level.

So, I definitely should have waited a little longer to unfog/viewbomb?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out the sweet spot. 

I'm egg locked right now, and I have to wait for the breeding CD anyway. Just trying to be as prepared as possible for my next experiment. 😄

9 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

So, I definitely should have waited a little longer to unfog/viewbomb?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out the sweet spot. 

I'm egg locked right now, and I have to wait for the breeding CD anyway. Just trying to be as prepared as possible for my next experiment. 😄

Yes, definitely. 30 minutes is way too early and had no chance to go neglected. Wait until 3 or so minutes! Then if it's a Zyu it'll insta-hatch and if it's not you will need a method of saving it. The goal isn't to hatch it normally. 

I have tried and failed so many times. Had one turn in all my tries, but it died. I've really not enough time or resources to devote to getting a Neglected (the only thing I need to have a complete scroll by my terms).

Still, I maintain some hope that I can get one someday. Got two "attempts" running right now.

Today I got a solo hatched ND from a terrae, and I have heard of another solo exp from brimstone long before, so I'm letting people know that somewhat-stubborn hatchers are also possible ND solo-ing candidates, just with a harder balancing act.

I should probably add some notes about forcing with kill/eq to the guide for going solo with regular eggs, and maybe another section for doing somewhat-stubborn eggs once I get the hang of it. And maybe a note on self-bred vs cave/ap hatching levels.

Stubborn breeds: brimstone, nhiostrife, fire gem, tetra, both luminas, terrae, pyralspite, gold, colossus, neglected. I'm not sure if they're all the same amount of stubbornness or if some breeds are slightly less stubborn than other breeds.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Shadowdrake Thank you very much for the tips! Trying to get back in Dragcave hoping to finally get that ellusive Neglected, will try with one of those breeds.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which fansites to use / not to use?  I thought I saw a list of hatcheries somewhere but cannot find it anymore 😕

@Mirhana Here is a list of hatcheries. 

Most if not all of the sites listed here can be used. The Allure of Neglected Dragons has an auto-refresher which is rather useful for this. 

Man I need to get  my Zyumorph catching luck back then if they're the best choice to use.

Unless Suns can work, because they'll either hatch or die.

Wow. Thank you for the thread 😍 especially the zyu-solo tips. will definitely try it. :D

21 hours ago, Mew_1 said:

Man I need to get  my Zyumorph catching luck back then if they're the best choice to use.

Unless Suns can work, because they'll either hatch or die.

I just made an ND today from sunrise egg picked from AP(not CB). 

It didn't instant-hatch, turn ND egg S3 - probably not enough views. I use catcher to save it. 

Edited by banban007

I'm a bit bummed; I tried the zyumorph method and my egg didn't turn. It just went splat.

Stolen on:Apr 22, 2020
 Overall views: 159
 Unique views: 45
Clicks:1

End result:
Stolen on:Apr 22, 2020
Died on:Apr 29, 2020
 Overall views: 1,044
 Unique views: 137
Clicks:2

My zyu died too earlier today.

In the past few days, I tried solo-ing 2 zyus (1 CB, 1 bred - both died at 120+ UVs, didn't turn), and 2 tetras (both CB - 1 died, 1 hatched normally at about 100 UVs). Maybe i did it wrong, maybe I'm just unlucky.. XD

Have 1 CB zyu right now, TOD in 4 days 3 hours. Any tips how many minimum UVs needed for it? 

6 hours ago, Mew_1 said:

I'm a bit bummed; I tried the zyumorph method and my egg didn't turn. It just went splat.

Unfortunately the average odds I've found seem from 1/4 to 1/8 or even less; single exps have a large chance of not turning so batches are less likely to completely disappoint.

@banban007 i usually preload around 100 uv for a zyu, but I also open up a lot of ar tabs and put it in at least one hatchery at the 1 or 2 minute mark. As long as you don't hit 140-ish uv it usually won't hatch zyu, and s1 or s2 crack is usually enough for it to hatch if it turns. Last solo batches I've done, I only had 1/6 turn so you might just be unlucky.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@banban007 i usually preload around 100 uv for a zyu, but I also open up a lot of ar tabs and put it in at least one hatchery at the 1 or 2 minute mark. As long as you don't hit 140-ish uv it usually won't hatch zyu, and s1 or s2 crack is usually enough for it to hatch if it turns. Last solo batches I've done, I only had 1/6 turn so you might just be unlucky.

Thank you! 😍 I should make them in batches once I'm done with these new release and see if luck on my side. 

@Shadowdrake so I take it that getting a bunch of views from ARs is more important than getting unique views from different hatcheries? My first try failed a week ago. I started one tab of ARs and put it into 3 hatcheries at 3 minutes, and had it at 70 uv beforehand. I have a second try ready to go for Friday (on my birthday....I'm hoping for some birthday luck!) that's at 113 uv. Should I just focus more on the ARs than the hatcheries?

@Kaini I read a bit further back in the thread and noticed that you mentioned a discord for neglecteds. Is there any way I could join it?