Kaini

Neglected Dragons

ooh.. i picked up a zyu from the AP but turns out its ToD was right when i was switching between classes (even if i wasnt walking around at the worst possible time, id still have to do it on my phone as well) so i lent it to someone else and.. i turned! horray that it survived :P 

I think I'll always be in the 'apprentice' status!  I've managed six turns in all my time of trying, and killed many more eggs.  I've tried repeating exactly what I did with the successes, but that didn't work.

Lost another earlier, and have another try in half an hour.  I'm not holding my breath!  I'd love to be at the stage where I can make them with confidence. So envious of the neglecters who can!

ETA: It turned!!  I feel as good as a proud new parent!

Edited by quinney

So I did an oops and forgot to get the TOD for a sun egg I was playing with. Generally just forgot about it. Im now left at 1hr, so I am just gonna viewbomb and see what happens.

I know it probably wont turn because knowing me its got ages to go. 

Sometimes they surprise you!

Congrats quinney on the Turn!

There is always an elements of luck. I've kept a sheet with many of my experiments on it and the numbers are all over the place. I had one turn at 180/12 and one today turned at 846/57.

I've got two that I'll be out of work just in time to start them on getting views.

Here's hoping I can add to my little family (I've a male and female - hoping I get an ungendered)

ive had 4 successes over the past 2 days, i had 3 experiments on friday (2 turns/hatches and 1 hatch normal), and 4 today, one death without turn, one regular hatch, and two turns/hatches. i have 2 more on wednesday, and one for friday again. i recorded the stats for the ones i have for today, ill put them under a spoiler in case anyone would like to see

Spoiler

code: g02dv

START (preload)
ov: 254
uv: 106

END
ov: 1409
uv: 132

(turned into s3 crack at 718 ov/122 uv, hatched with end stats)

ToD at 07:15:58

put into hatchery at 07:14:30

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

code: 1C2u9
  pyralspite

START (preload)
ov: 203
uv: 92

END
ov: 1525
uv: 123

(hatched normally)

ToD at 07:33:28

put into hatchery at 07:31:50

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

code: mUiSV
  tetra

START (preload)
ov: 237
uv: 94

END
ov: 1580
uv: 123

(died tetra)

ToD at 07:54:54

put into hatchery at 07:53:25

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

code: 8kLT1
  lumina

START (preload)
ov: 200
uv: 95

END
ov: 2015
uv: 134

(turned into s3 crack at 813 ov/112 uv, hatched with end stats)

ToD at 08:20:15

put into hatchery at 08:18:40

i put all into AoND and valley sherwood, and used 5-6 ARs from AoND and also refreshed my scroll manually, if this matters. hope this data can help!

Edited by InvaderAlexis

So my very first Neglected experiment (using a Blue Zyumorph egg) was a success, turned and hatched just as Shadowdrake's guide said it would!

Thank you soo much for the guides and also to the UoD server for your expertise, guidance, and all of your help! Couldn't have done it without that amazing community! 😊💜

Well done, it's good here, isn't it?!

I had a couple of successes last week, but unfortunately today I had two fails. I only use Zyu's.  I thought the second one was going to turn, but no.  Try again tomorrow!

I'm just waiting for last success to grow up now. 1 hour to go!

just had two experiments today, one success and one complete fail ( >:V sun egg...)

i'm going to put my stats down again, just in case anyones curious. i hope these help XD it seems to be working semi-consistently for me. i have one important experiment for a special progeny of one of my dragons lined up for friday, and then a few more for saturday i believe. i'll post all of those in one post on saturday, probably. fingers crossed for that friday one! else i'm gonna be waiting another week...

stats here! (sorry that im not fantastic at organizing :P i try my best..)

Spoiler

code: neTxG
  tetra

START (preload)
ov: 335
uv: 91

END
ov: 1293
uv: 127

(turned into s5 crack ND egg before hatching 1-2 seconds later with end stats (too quick for me to record the exact stats when it turned, but assume it was very similar :P))

ToD at 02:26:55

put into hatchery at 02:25:20

code: M3Lfm
  sun

START (preload)
ov: 357
uv: 96

END
ov: 1131
uv: 136
*STARTED with s1 crack before fogging on preload

(got to s5 crack about 30 seconds in, died as a sun egg)

ToD at 02:30:18

put into hatchery at 02:28:55

i definitely think i needed more ARs for this one, especially since it was a sun egg so there was no risk of it hatching normally on me... i have another sun lined up for saturday i believe, so i'll throw that one into a ton more, yknow, for science

i hope these stats arent annoying or spammy, just trying to give my data since i record it ^^; i hope it helps someone :D 

once again i put all into AoND and valley sherwood, and used 5-6 ARs from AoND and also refreshed my scroll manually as well :) 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

sounds interesting, especially all of your success rates, I´m too afraid to experiment myself *lol* at least I already have 4 adlts and 3 hatchlings (they were all gifts) - of course, more would be cool, but I´m fine for now *laugh*

Edited by tjenni

i've been having such a hard time parting with all the neglecteds i make lately because i've been giving mine unique descriptions i can think of while i'm raising them, and i always get too attached to trade them LMAO XD i just described a pair of mine that hatched on the same day, impossible wonder and lively chorus, as sisters, since they were born only half an hour apart and both raised neglected 🥺 

i keep making these with the intent to trade them, but then i do things like this and have to make more because i get SO attached to these babies i end up spending so much time with LOL. i mentioned it before but i have at least 5 more experiments for tomorrow/the weekend so hopefully i can start saying goodbye to SOME of them... but i just caaaant 😭🥺 i guess its really good that i'm so lucky with these now and have it down to get them semi consistently so i can afford to be keeping so many hehe :P 

After a few successes a couple of weeks ago, I'm getting failures again now.   I won't be getting rid of any of mine ever, but having said that, neglecteds were the only thing I needed for scroll goals.   I can safely say that my goal has been met and surpassed, more than I ever thought it would be and I'm so proud that I managed to make some myself.

I'm going to keep trying to make them, only having a break to collect new release dragons.  And any new zombies we may be given.

I tried making 3 neglecteds on Monday, but the auto-refresher on Allure of ND didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd chalk it up to user error, but it worked just a few days earlier (although the eggs died cause I cut it too close at 4 mins)

27 minutes ago, JapanRocks said:

I tried making 3 neglecteds on Monday, but the auto-refresher on Allure of ND didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd chalk it up to user error, but it worked just a few days earlier (although the eggs died cause I cut it too close at 4 mins)

i made some on sunday and then on wednesday, and both worked fine. what exactly was wrong with the auto refresher? how wasnt it working? i use that one and you may have just done something wrong. also, 4 mins, cutting it too close? im not sure what youre talking about here ^^; (as in, i'm not understanding , myself :P)

Edited by InvaderAlexis

6 hours ago, JapanRocks said:

This is probably mega wrong, but if your egg is fogged then the auto refresher won't pick it up. Just saying because I've seen some experiments where the person forgot to unfog the egg!

Also 4 minutes is actually too early for NDs! You should ideally start autorefeshing at 2 minutes before death, and stick it into a hatchery or two  max at around 1,5 minutes before death. 

Ahhh is this the ok place to ask for help? I have some experiments due @4:25-4:30 PM cave time this SUNDAY, would anyone be available to help grab the teleports if they turn? 

@InvaderAlexis I'd love to see your descrips, if you feel like sharing! They don't show on the dragons themselves yet. XD 

Also I 100% feel your pain, I have to keep myself from staring too closely at the codes during new release waves because SOMEHOW, based on RANDOM JUMBLED LETTERS, I'll come up with personalities and get attached and have trouble swapping anything when, inevitably, every single one of the Cantos I traded for genders male. 🙄

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ahhh is this the ok place to ask for help? I have some experiments due @4:25-4:30 PM cave time this SUNDAY, would anyone be available to help grab the teleports if they turn? 

i think this is the best place to ask, if youre not in the discord (im not either, so i usually do full solo and PRAY!). i think i’ll be able to yelp that day, if you want :) 

i can letcha know when they appear on the dragons if you have it set to view pending, i’d literally JUST hit submit when i posted :P 

Created my very first Neglected babby with the help of this thread and some users from UoD (big thank you to @Raphy for being my catcher and @must_ingel hopefully i got the right @'s wah for guiding me through the process! ❤️)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/06DdJ  Little Elfie in all their glory, turned at 541 OV / 36 UV / 5 clicks!  Seriously over the moon at how well everything went ;v;

OMG it worked!!!!!!!! :D 

Here he is not gonna wait XD

It turned at 1,157 OVs, 138 UV, 2 Clicks. It was a gold western prize, cracked once and insta hatched! 

Thank you all so much for experimenting and writing up the methods I am shaking all excited :D 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

Well done!

I'm angry. Had an experiment an hour ago, came to sort it, only to find the cave on a lag. Result, a dead egg. 🤬

grats yall! i think yall stole all my luck, because yesterday i had 5 experiments and every single one of them failed!! but i don't mind so much if others get to have theirs ^^

@quinney i had an egg die on me to lag yesterday too! so frustrating. it was really promising too :( 

here's my stats as usual (i was getting a little irritated so theres more commentary than usual on these XD)

Spoiler

code: FIPxp
  sun

START (preload)
ov: 328
uv: 87

END
ov: 1607
uv: 107

(turned into s3 crack at 1009 ov/102 uv, had s5 crack for 20ish seconds and died without hatching which was very disappointing... this is why we have helpers, everyone!)

ToD at 04:17:15

put into hatchery at 04:15:50

code: ePAUR
  lumina

START (preload)
ov: 267
uv: 83

END
ov: 1579
uv: 106

(died lumina)

ToD at 04:27:30

put into hatchery at 04:26:00

code: aP4B5
  pyralspite

START (preload)
ov: 267
uv: 86

END
ov: 1647
uv: 113

(died pyralspite)

ToD at 04:37:35

put into hatchery at 04:36:05

code: VsH43
  sun

START (preload)
ov: 334
uv: 92

END
ov: 786
uv: 121

(died sun because of site lag (how unlucky is that???))

ToD at 04:53:14

put into hatchery at 04:51:50

code: o2iG4
  brimstone

START (preload)
ov: 288
uv: 96

END
ov: 1746
uv: 131

(died brimstone)

ToD at 06:17:00

put into hatchery at 06:15:25

so sad to have a dead brim on my scroll :( but it must be done, i need that for a special progeny im building 😔 

im doin' it for science...!

I think my luck's run out for now as well.   I've stopped trying with anything other than Zyu's, I never got one Brim to turn.

I have a few to try over next week...I don't think I'll ever have enough of them.

@InvaderAlexis  I hate seeing all the dead eggs, so I put them at the end of my scroll.  I can pretend they're not there, then!

1 minute ago, quinney said:

@InvaderAlexis  I hate seeing all the dead eggs, so I put them at the end of my scroll.  I can pretend they're not there, then!

hah! i auto-sort my scroll by breed and age, i like it better that way, but seeing as there are so many, i may just shove them to the back :blush:

i need a brim for a special progeny project im wokring on, as one parent (the brim) has a special code, and the other parent a matching name, so i need an egg from that specific pair to turn... i put myself in for a lot of work. because the second part of the project after i succeed in making a neglected is to make a zombie...!!!! aaagh :(

I think someone just ruined my experiment. I unfogged early so I could just dump them into the hatcheries and someone decided to go on my scroll and ADD THEM for me! 

I can’t believe this is still a problem in this game. You’re not a Good Samaritan if you do this. Screw you!