Kaini

Neglected Dragons

OMG it works! https://dragcave.net/lineage/TFPGa

I had almost no egg slot left so only did one attempt and got it one shot! Friend of mine did two attempts that happen around same time as mine but one died and one grew up normal. God it's incredible good luck

I kept it at 45/3/2 (edit: just remembered that since I forgot to fog this egg I actually did have a couple of views, not 1/1/1...a click from me and my friend, whoever else viewed this egg once, and the high OV was cuz I was testing out the auto refresher) until about three and a half minute before it dies... (ToD is around xx:48:20, added to mass hatcheries around xx:44:40) It turned after 48:00, because I was on video call with my friend and saw it didn't turn at this twenty second mark and said okay mine failed too just take it and save it I don't want a dead egg on my scroll and she did and somewhere between me telling her to press the button and she pressing the button the egg turned!

Thanks so much for this guide! It's more help than I could ever express

Next time I'm gonna try for a CB neglected..

Edited by IOU

POGGERS IT WORKED! forgot to record my exact OV/UV/Cs but it was around 145ish/67(?)/1, i put it into 4 ARs on my computer and 1 open on my phone. ran the experiment completely solo with a zyu egg bred from 2 sinos, it insta-hatched at S2 with about 20 seconds or less to its ToD. (08:39:02ish).

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BJbE9 woohoo! it will be female so this finally completes my set of adults... ill definitely be making more, i wasnt expecting to succeed here. especially my first try. zyu method is really good! its my only ND that isnt CB, but i dont mind. it looks nice with sino parents anyways.

~edited to lineage link~ (whoops! sorry, thought i had the lineage link... i was a bit tired >_<)

Edited by InvaderAlexis

I decided to try again, but all six zyu's died. I loaded all up with 60 uv's before fogging.  I knew it was really the luck of the draw so I ranged from trying from two minutes to four minutes in five hatchies. Think I can safely say even if it is the luck of it, I'll never have the knack.

Did you also put the eggs in the AOD Neglected Auto-refresher? I use it on my computer and cell phone and start them with around two minutes left until TOD. For my computer I also copy one of the auto-refresher links and spam it onto multiple tabs until the total views are almost maxed out, then close some of the tabs since I don't need that many anymore. Since the total views stay near the upper limit if the egg turns, it autohatches into a Neglected. 

@quinney glancing at your Zyus, they needed a lot more ov than you gave them and would probably have died anyway if they turned. Mika's suggestion is a good idea, since more AR tabs seems to equal more chances of a turn.

I used five fansites and yes, the AOD refresher, so that was 10 altogether. I was going on Kaini's experience. Load with 60 uv's and then fog. Thank you Mika and Shadowdrake.

I'll have another go probably next week.

I don't have more spaces now for more neglected attempts but here are some data from what I did recently. I also don't know the names of a lot of dragons so I used the most "memorizable" word in its egg description in place of name. Time are in PT though, so cave time -3 (I find it does matter when you experiment because hatcheries often have very different amount of traffic depending on day and night time, like when trying around DC midnight I only managed to get their UV to <70 when if trying DC afternoon I can get their UV to at least 80

All are CB dragons that I fished out of AP.

Nov 29

Brute: 12:57:23

Start at 9/5/2, Put in 12:54:15, didn’t turn or hatch, end at s4, 966/85/2, used 5 AR tabs

Speckles: 13:52:16 

Start at 13/7/1, Put in 13:49:50, hatched normal at about 1051/85/2 at around 13:52:05, used 10->15->20 AR tabs, OV still not maxed though

Delicate: 14:22:00

Start at 16/11/1, Put in 18:30, hatched normal at 1178/96/2, used 10->5 AR tabs

Nov 26

Frost: 21:40:58

Didn’t turn or hatch, put in 3.5 minute before, around 37:30. Used 5 AR tabs. Ends with a UV of around 67, s2

Aether: 22:19:10

Didn’t turn or hatch, end with uv of 945/63/2, at around s3 (no hole at all). Put in 16:10, Used 4 AR tab at first and switched to 5 around 18:00

Nov 25

Electric: 13:45:56 

Pretty resistant but started too early (started 40:xx) ended with 90 UV, used 10 AR, OV maxed out wayyy before ToD, around two minutes with no stat change (but had a big hole at s5 and also didn't grow up

Costal: 14:28:18 

Not resistant at all, started 24:50, grew up normal 27:20 with 75UV only (OV maxed though)

Thus far the only success I had was the first lineaged dragon I tried - when I wasn't expecting it to succeed. Now that I'm trying more CB dragons none of them succeed : ( Well dont' have more space for AP eggs, am focusing on a few interesting lineages that I planned and trying to kill a few hatchi for undead,  I guess I'll come back when I am more free...

Edited by Moriaty

@Moriaty I think your uvs are too high, if they keep hatching. I never let my regular ones go above 60 uv and I usually have them around 40 uv around the exp end, using just one hatchery. If you're going to teleport the eggs they don't need to be near hatching at all; that just increases the chance of failure (by risking hatchlings instead). In fact, I've seen a screenshot of a neglected egg with just 2 uv. 

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Moriaty I think your uvs are too high, if they keep hatching. I never let my regular ones go above 60 uv and I usually have them around 40 uv around the exp end, using just one hatchery. If you're going to teleport the eggs they don't need to be near hatching at all; that just increases the chance of failure (by risking hatchlings instead). In fact, I've seen a screenshot of a neglected egg with just 2 uv. 

Makes sense. I'll keep a lookout next time I try. It's sort of due to my first attempt - I got a neglected at about 90+ UV on a bred Aether so when I try again I kept thinking the UV was not enough... Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep that in mind

Ok, my first experiment turned but died at S3 crack.

I used a CB Zyu, preloaded it with 144 OV / 61 UV. At like 2:50 until death I put it in 6 hatcheries & 10 AOD refresher tabs. It turned about 40 seconds before death and stats are 1039 OV / 109 UV.

Did I used too many hatcheries? Or should I have started earlier, like 3-4 mins before death?

On 2/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, Mika said:

For working solo what I tend to do is get it to about 60 UVs when it's low on time, about 2-3 days left, refog until about 10 minutes left, set it up in AoND's AR (I do about 15 between computer and cell phone), then at about 5-6 minutes left add it into every active hatching site. This way it'll have enough views to auto hatch once it turns. I've had a good amount of success with zyus using this method, but it's still a hit or miss so it might not turn anyways.

@Chaosdawn  

I'm going to breed some more zyu's tonight and try Mika's method this time.

5 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Ok, my first experiment turned but died at S3 crack.

I used a CB Zyu, preloaded it with 144 OV / 61 UV. At like 2:50 until death I put it in 6 hatcheries & 10 AOD refresher tabs. It turned about 40 seconds before death and stats are 1039 OV / 109 UV.

Did I used too many hatcheries? Or should I have started earlier, like 3-4 mins before death?

Either earlier or use more ars, if your comp can handle it; you need to either try to get its ovs maxed, get more uvs to make up for the missing ovs, or somehow get more ovs before the exp to give it a hatching boost, because the problem is just it did not have enough views. 3-4 more mins might be too much, though; maybe try 2 mins extra first and check to see if that makes out its ovs.

@quinney  Oh, thanks, I'll try that next time. Let me know how it works for you. ^.^

@Shadowdrake   Thanks, I'll try a little earlier next time. 😃

I'm encouraged that it turned, I feel like if I had started a min or so earlier, it would have hatched. 

Just tried solo experiment using method 4 and it worked! Here's small detail if anyone wanna try it :

Method : 4 (Kill) - solo

Egg : CB Purple Ridgewing from AP(I think it's common? but I'm not sure if it's a stubborn breed or not) 

TOD : xx:05 (almost xx:06) - Egg was not influenced, not incubated

Preparation Preload about 70+ UVs until the egg cracked at S1, and fogged it. - high UVs coz I don't plan to use many hatcheries during the experiment.

xx:02 (3 minutes before TOD) Unfog.

xx:03 - Added to 3 AR tabs - was trying to max OVs but it didn't max when it turned.

xx:04 - Added to 1 hatchery (AOND). The ridgewing egg cracked (S4), and it turned green at 972/90/4 but back to S1 crack.

xx:05 - Added to backup hatchery (Valleysherwood) and refresh like crazy.

xx:05 - I killed the egg at S3 crack coz it ran out of time. Didn't get the exact views coz was shocked with "run away" - have to read it twice to realize I still have it. XD 

1938404400_ND_Killmethod.jpg.af61d9fd38ff7f183beaa814a8ef8a50.jpg

This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, banban007 said:

Didn't get the exact views coz was shocked with "run away" - have to read it twice to realize I still have it.

i misread as well and thought it ran off your scroll... that would have been so awful XD glad you still have it. congrats! 

Tried two brimstones, both died at S1.

694/126/1

757/126/1

Unfogged 3 minutes before ToD.

As a sidenote, feel like an idiot for staying up until 4 AM for virtual eggs but here we are.

11 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i misread as well and thought it ran off your scroll... that would have been so awful XD glad you still have it. congrats! 

Thank you! It's my first time killing an egg, didn't expect that kind of message XD  but if it did run to AP, it'll make the AP hunter really happy.  :D 

@Nevemore Maybe can use more AR next time to get more OVs. Try to aim for around 1400+ OVs/95 - 105 UVs (S3 to S5 crack) for brimstone egg. Good luck with future experiments. 

Did a brimstone experiment, but it died at s5 as a neglected. Was s3 before it turned, so even s3 brimstone isn't totally safe, but at the same time I've seen eggs go straight from s4 to hatched back when I was testing numbers. Line can be really thin.

That's good to know, I bred a Zyu and grabbed a CB brimstone to experiment on. We'll see how it goes Sunday evening. 

Changed up the formatting a bit to try to reduce wall of text/clutter, and added a modified method to the end of the Methods 2-3 section.

I tried it again after my first attempt over 7 years ago XD. Surprisingly for me it turned, but It died before it hatched, but I wasnt even expecting it to turn so I want to keep trying now. I put it in several hatcheries 4 minutes before TOD, plus I used 3 tabs of Aond ARs. It was an AP Purple Dorsal, died at s3, OV: 859 UV: 106 Clicks: 6.  Any input is more than welcomed. 

Edited by Elery.

@Elery. Well, first off, most dragon breeds are very hard to make hatch into a neglected. If you want to keep using regular breeds without someone to help with a teleport, you'll have to kill or earthquake the neglected eggs whenever they turn. Otherwise, the guide I wrote has less risky methods, but you need to use specific breeds of eggs because of how they behave. Clearly since you've already got a turn you have the basic steps down; you just need to figure out how to hatch it next time.

11 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Elery. Well, first off, most dragon breeds are very hard to make hatch into a neglected. If you want to keep using regular breeds without someone to help with a teleport, you'll have to kill or earthquake the neglected eggs whenever they turn. Otherwise, the guide I wrote has less risky methods, but you need to use specific breeds of eggs because of how they behave. Clearly since you've already got a turn you have the basic steps down; you just need to figure out how to hatch it next time.

Thank you. Ill try again with a Dorsal and see if unfogging 2 minutes earlier would work, Il also try the method in the guide with a Zyu.