Kaini

Neglected Dragons

Well, I had six experiments tonight and although no ND's, I think (hope) I got very close, getting the last egg to stage 5 before dying.

I used zyu's, and put them in Allure, Valley Sherwood and Hatchling Club until they got to stage 2, then added them to 20 AR's.

Any advice from the seasoned Neglecters is very welcome!

ETA: One question I have is that I think I got far too many uv's, but I don't know how that can be avoided when we need to pre-load?

Edited by quinney

@quinney It doesn't need to be that cracked. Neglecteds can turn at all stages; it's just recommended to have it slightly cracked so it's guaranteed to hatch (or at least be really really close). Shame that none turned this time, but solo experiments seem to be cruel like that, with a lower turn rate than having other helpers AR too. You can probably start ARing at the beginning of the exp (definitely ar during the final minute), and maybe use one less hatchery? The ARs are just as important as the UVs, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Shadowdrake  Thank you!  The final egg got lots more views than the others, the two before it had 15 AR's and died at stage 4.  I just seemed to be so very close with the last one.  I thought with the first three, I put them into 15 AR's far too early and they didn't get to stage 4.  Trial and error I know, but at least I don't feel as despondent this time.

trying one out on a brim egg currently. my prize, wyndrix, just does not want to give me a tinsel from a brim, but shooshine just gave me one first try, so i decided that i'm going to try to turn that brim egg i got. i feel a bit bad, i love brims >_< how many views/UVs should i preload into it? i hear theyre a bit more tricky than zyus to get down..

On 7/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, Azuragosa said:

I just did an experiment on a zyu hatchling, it insta-grew into an adult ND.  Seems to work the same as zyu egg experiments.

Starting stats:

251 uvs, maxed ovs, I think I had only 1 or two clicks.

Ending stats:

265 uvs, maxed ovs, 13 clicks (here)

I hatched the egg while it was ER in order to make sure it had a small enough number of views so it wouldn't insta-grow into a zyu adult.  I also used this dragon as a reference as it grew up with ~2 hours left to live.  I'm going to guess NDs need around 250-300 (I was aiming for 265 exactly this time) ovs to grow.

Overall this type of experiment is useless if you want to trade the ND, and it does require waiting a bit longer.  On the other hand you can free up an egg slot sooner, and there's always the chance to revive a failed experiment.  Plus if you have an awkward ToD you can move it to a better time for you when you hatch it.

This sounds very interesting, how much time did the egg have when you hatched it?

2 hours ago, Elery. said:

This sounds very interesting, how much time did the egg have when you hatched it?

I'm not really sure, it's been a while.  It was a few days into being ER at least

On 12/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, InvaderAlexis said:

trying one out on a brim egg currently. my prize, wyndrix, just does not want to give me a tinsel from a brim, but shooshine just gave me one first try, so i decided that i'm going to try to turn that brim egg i got. i feel a bit bad, i love brims >_< how many views/UVs should i preload into it? i hear theyre a bit more tricky than zyus to get down..

Hm, I'm afraid I don't actually have numbers for that, as self-bred eggs actually need less views than normal and I haven't tested to see how much less. If you want the to be more like a regular exp, bounce it to someone else (preferably sometime before it hits 3d1h) so the self-bred bonus is removed, and check my guide on Method 3 for a couple suggestions re:brims.

49 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Hm, I'm afraid I don't actually have numbers for that, as self-bred eggs actually need less views than normal and I haven't tested to see how much less. If you want the to be more like a regular exp, bounce it to someone else (preferably sometime before it hits 3d1h) so the self-bred bonus is removed, and check my guide on Method 3 for a couple suggestions re:brims.

ooh thank you.. i accidentally forgot to hide it so it got more views than i wanted it to >_< thank you for the tip, i didnt know self-bred eggs needed less views!

I made a Neglected! Have to say it wasn't down to me getting it right (5 others eggs died), it was down to an extremely awkward zyu egg that got to the final stage and wouldn't budge. It got many more views and uv's than it should have had and I was watching and waiting for a zyu hatchie popping up, and suddenly there was a green one there!  Hating the fact that it wasn't my skill that did it! 😄

Got two bred Brimstone eggs that will be ready tonight. It'll be the first time I've tried with something other than zyu's. We'll see if I have more luck with them.

Fun fact: eggs can become neglected in the abandoned page.

Second fun fact: over 200 neglecteds were created during the Christmas interval this way.

Screenshot_20210101-052358.thumb.png.adbd0d536188feea837930f187c35d35.png

1.png

It was, shall we say, quite the new year's party.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Fun fact: eggs can become neglected in the abandoned page.

Second fun fact: over 200 neglecteds were created during the Christmas interval this way.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210101-052358.thumb.png.adbd0d536188feea837930f187c35d35.png

1.png

It was, shall we say, quite the new year's party.

Wow! I don't understand how can they hatched.. but that's interesting. :D 

I was wondering why there were so many in trades this morning. XD  I always miss interesting AR stuff. 

1 minute ago, Chaosdawn said:

I was wondering why there were so many in trades this morning. XD  I always miss interesting AR stuff. 

Me too with the AR. I rarely go into trades but was pointed there earlier. I just thought a neglecter had been very busy! 😂

Hewwo, I have a question about neglecting - 

I'm not an experienced neglector, and when I try my neglect experiment I tend to give my egg too many views and risk them hatching normal. I know technically if I'm doing the teleport method I don't need that much view on an egg either way but I really don't know what's the right amount and since (I think I got this idea here) each view is like a coinflip that decides whether the egg turns or not, I try giving my egg as much view as possible to potentially max the chance.Now that holiday's over Im gonna start trying these things again, and I'm wondering the possibility of using sunrise/sunset dragon eggs to avoid eggs hatching normal

so my questions - if it's not between hatching window (6-12 morning, 6-12 at night), these eggs definitely won't hatch normal, right? No matter how many hatcheries I toss them into? But it wouldn't affect the egg from turning neglected and hatching as a neglected?

thanks

Edited by Moriaty

@Moriaty Sunrise eggs won't hatch between those times, you're right. However, I think they will also not turn neglected, but I have not done enough experiments to be sure. I've done a few regular pre-loaded experiments, and several more "put into hatcheries and AR" long experiments, but neither kind turned at all.

If you want to avoid hatching regular egg experiments, just don't give them any views until it's time and only add to one or two hatcheries for 2 minutes max. That's how everyone I know does it, and they never hatch. In fact, they almost never crack. You can give views without having to keep giving UVs--they'll still turn even if their views don't look like they're going up. I personally don't think there is a right amount, only a wrong amount (and the wrong amount is when it hatches).

i might try with a sun egg next time i try, ive been so nervous to lately though XD ive only done with a zyu egg before, which was bred because i actually like to keep cb zyu, but the sun mechanics confused me. 

im definitely personally against using brims, i like them too much to subject them to experiments. sunrise/sets, however, i have no such attachment to. so EXPERIMENTED ON YOU SHALL BE!

I had a few successful experiments with sunrise/set, and this 1 turned outside of its hatching window (TOD 01:13). The views weren't enough to insta-hatch it though, have to use catcher.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/TBWMM

I always keep my eggs views low (20 - 40 UVs, max OVs), and they still turned green. So I believe higher views aren't related to chance for successful experiment (except for Zyu, Brimstone (sorry InvaderAlexis 😅), Sunrise/set or when I decided to solo with kill method)   

18 minutes ago, banban007 said:

I always keep my eggs views low (20 - 40 UVs, max OVs), and they still turned green. So I believe higher views aren't related to chance for successful experiment (except for Zyu, Brimstone (sorry InvaderAlexis 😅), Sunrise/set or when I decided to solo with kill method)   

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

If you want to avoid hatching regular egg experiments, just don't give them any views until it's time and only add to one or two hatcheries for 2 minutes max. That's how everyone I know does it, and they never hatch. In fact, they almost never crack. You can give views without having to keep giving UVs--they'll still turn even if their views don't look like they're going up. I personally don't think there is a right amount, only a wrong amount (and the wrong amount is when it hatches).

hmm thanks for the advice! the thing is that I've only ever turned one egg myself and that one turned with its UV at 90+ and OV maxed out, so I was trying to replicate that. I'll keep it in mind and try with less hatcheries - I usually throw them in every hatchery I can think of, at least 5 that I can already come up with on the top of my head. And thanks for the info about sunset/rise!

i have a question that might not have a difinitive answer, but what are the sturdiest breeds, aside from brims and zyus? (and suns, if you count them as sturdy)

i havent been brave enough to try a CB experiment, just with bred zyus (trying again this next week, once i have spots open!). i know fire gems are pretty sturdy..? but are there any other breeds that i should keep note of that are particularly stubborn?

Firegems, Luminas, and Tetras are approximately the same sturdiness level as NDs. I've had luck with turning the first two, but because their view needs are approximately the same as a ND's they have a few more risks than a prize of Zyu. 

Zyus just work better though imo since I can spam them into hatcheries and not have to worry about them accidentally hatching before turning.

i didnt know luminas and tetras were that tough, i havent raised enough of them to notice. might try with a fire gem this week, i trust myself to catch them easier than zyus (plus, i like to keep my cb zyus :P). and i will try a sun next week, along with bred zyus. 

zyus really are a godsend for NDs it seems. i can barely get mine to hatch when i WANT them to LOL. 

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i have a question that might not have a difinitive answer, but what are the sturdiest breeds, aside from brims and zyus? (and suns, if you count them as sturdy)

i havent been brave enough to try a CB experiment, just with bred zyus (trying again this next week, once i have spots open!). i know fire gems are pretty sturdy..? but are there any other breeds that i should keep note of that are particularly stubborn?

Zyus and brims have different levels of sturdiness; my guide has the breeds listed in each method area, I just use images for Zyus and brims cus they're one of the most common for each method. Zyu level includes prizes, Zyus, avatars and GoNs. Brims include nhios, brims, tetras, both luminas, and fire gems. 

I don't count suns as sturdy bc at the moment I have never had a sun that had enough views to hatch as an ND actually turn into one. Until I do, I won't include them in my guide.

(Incidentally staterae are also some kind of sturdy but I don't expect people to experiment solo on those :v)

@Mikayoure right that they're very close to ND levels (only needs 5-10 uv higher), which is why I personally preload uv until 100-105 (for cbs), then fog and exp by AR only with no hatcheries at all.