Kaini

Neglected Dragons

10 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

1 hour is 59 minutes. An egg with 0 hours is dead.

oh shoot! i'm more than a bit rusty i suppose XD thank you LOL

image.png?ex=65e10c8f&is=65ce978f&hm=820d92d00c15c903a46652374b80c577c8356f936c1bf5ef31ef0b5df9b62555&= 

it appears i'm a bit MORE than rusty. at least i got them to turn. fogged one still has hope!

After doing some experiments years ago I gave it try again today. Did a solo and it turned and hatched safely on my scroll.

Now I have a question on influence and gender: I influenced it as an egg and now wanted to confirm its gender with precog.

But it says (Unavailable for breed)

Screenshot2024-03-06200228.png.e102b9a8f0b9998d83ee3dc08167b55a.png

Will it gender as influenced or remain ungendered?

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

After doing some experiments years ago I gave it try again today. Did a solo and it turned and hatched safely on my scroll.

Now I have a question on influence and gender: I influenced it as an egg and now wanted to confirm its gender with precog.

But it says (Unavailable for breed)

Screenshot2024-03-06200228.png.e102b9a8f0b9998d83ee3dc08167b55a.png

Will it gender as influenced or remain ungendered?

As solo, since it hatched on your scroll it'll be influenced. It must have influence removed while a neglected egg to become ungendered.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

As solo, since it hatched on your scroll it'll be influenced. It must have influence removed while a neglected egg to become ungendered.

I see, thanks!

And now that I had some sleep I found what I was looking for very easy on the first page (obviously :rolleyes:XD)

if any of you have ND experiments in progress, don't forget to account for daylight savings ending tonight & push your ToD back an hour

I've never tried this stuff before; I will with my next batch of eggs.

I have a question though: how do you guys, personally, get ungendered Neglecteds? I know what you have to do, but how on earth do you have time to teleport it and then teleport it back before it hatches? I'm so baffled that people are fast enough to do that @-@ Also, how do y'all find people willing to have it teleported to them that can also be online at the exact moment you need them? So sorry if I'm not understanding something LOL!

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Swayla said:

I know what you have to do, but how on earth do you have time to teleport it and then teleport it back before it hatches?

any BSA that you perform on an egg is voided when you abandon/trade it, so when you incubate an egg to make it hatch a day faster, that time is added back to the egg as soon as it's teleported. so once your friend accepts the 1-way trade, you suddenly have an additional 24 hrs to hatch the freshly turned neglected egg.

this is also how un-gendering works, because when you influence the egg, the influence action is stripped away once you teleport it. (though afaik neglecteds are the only dragons that will result in an unknown gender, every other breed will simply revert back to its predestined gender when it's abandoned or traded)

Edited by raigr

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, raigr said:

any BSA that you perform on an egg is voided when you abandon/trade it, so when you incubate an egg to make it hatch a day faster, that time is added back to the egg as soon as it's teleported. so once your friend accepts the 1-way trade, you suddenly have an additional 24 hrs to hatch the freshly turned neglected egg.

this is also how un-gendering works, because when you influence the egg, the influence action is stripped away once you teleport it. (though afaik neglecteds are the only dragons that will result in an unknown gender, every other breed will simply revert back to its predestined gender when it's abandoned or traded)

Ahhh I see!! Thank you for the explanation!! I was very confused on how you could do something like that in just a few seconds, very relieved it doesn’t work like that lol! 

Edited by Swayla

Screenshot(97).png.30a2f88c7ab9dcd02b911c5dee8e7a41.png

I guess six out of eight isn't bad!

Posted (edited)

I'm attempting my first Neglected! I'm aiming for the Ungendered version (because it seems hardest so I wanna do that first to get it out of the way, lol), so is there anyone who would be willing to help? My egg's TOD is 9:32 AM EST/DC Time on March 16th. Due to the fact that's pretty early in the morning, + this is my first time so I may not be fast enough in teleporting so it may fail, I would understand if no one can, but might as well ask! Next time I attempt this I'm def gonna use eggs that have a later TOD, def closer to evening.

EDIT: Got some help!

Edited by Swayla

On 3/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, Swayla said:

How on earth do you have time to teleport it and then teleport it back before it hatches?

To add onto what's been said, people set up the teleport about 5 mins before the exp during the rest of their website setup. (Influencing is done very early)

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

To add onto what's been said, people set up the teleport about 5 mins before the exp during the rest of their website setup. (Influencing is done very early)

Great advice, thank you!

This thread is amazing, finally got my first homemade neglected dragon :) I don't remember my eggs exact OVs but it was a zyumorph with 116 UVs at the time of ARing. I used FART with 20 instances at 2 minutes till TOD, added my egg to a bunch of clicksites, then added another 20 instances at 1 minute till death, and it turned with about 30 seconds left. 

MyFirstNeglectedDragon.png

Managed to get my very first two Neglected dragons out of that Nocturne wall that's been coming in and out of the AP these last two days. Thanks for all the advice in this thread, preloading with UVs made it very easy. ❤️

What I do find strange, however, is that I then checked the encyclopedia, and my stats say that I've owned a total of 8 Neglected eggs. I've only ever done neglected experiments twice, once years before and then the two eggs last night, and the one years ago didn't even turn. The only thing I can think about is maybe those few times over the years I forgot about Dragon Cave when I eggs on my scroll? Can they even turn without someone looking at them in their last minute of life? Or maybe if somehow they were left in a hatchery, never got enough views to hatch, but did by some coincidence get enough in the last minute to turn? Or is there some sort of bug with the way the encyclopedia tracks those numbers?

6 hours ago, Capricornus said:

Or is there some sort of bug with the way the encyclopedia tracks those numbers?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, possibly to do with how fast FART refreshes. I make a lot of neglecteds but I haven't made nearly as many as DC thinks I've had.

Help needed, please.

I usually just breed my Zyumorphs for neglecting, but the last couple of times they've started being difficult and not producing eggs, so I'm giving a couple of Brimstones a try.  I've only ever tried twice with these before and both times resulted in a dead neglected egg.  How to get a hatchie using FART?  I've preloaded them with 285/118  and 293/117.

Advice, anyone?

Thanks.