Kaini

Neglected Dragons

when i experiment on suns i can post their view/UV count here and whether i succeed or not. i have some zyus bred ready for friday, currently preloading them.

i wouldnt say suns are sturdy but they at least don't run the risk of hatching normally, right? also, can you say this in different wording, please? sometimes i have a hard time understanding people and i'm having trouble understanding this:

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I have never had a sun that had enough views to hatch as an ND actually turn into one. Until I do, I won't include them in my guide.

oooh okay that makes sense. i completely misunderstood XD im glad i asked for clarification.

Jan 5 report (all time in PT (cave time -3)

Lineaged Ridgewing (AP caught)

11:24:38 ToD, turned 11:24:25 ish. Unfogged 11:20:20 ish, added to 3 hatcheries first (AoND, Vally, h.club), used 5 AR tabs. At around 11:23:20 (?) added to egg drop soup, breeder cave, Silvi lair and started using 10 AR tab (since there was no crack at the time and I was worried). Was at s3 before turning and went right back to s1 after turning, stat is 1005/67/3 when my catcher got the egg, not sure when exactly it turned but must be around there.

Lineaged sunstone (AP caught)

11:33:07 ToD, I must've missed a second or two when calculating ToD b/c it died earlier than that : / my catcher tried to catch it at 11:33:05 because it haven't changed at 11:33:00 (and we wanted to give it 5 more seconds and hope for something to happen), but then when she tried to save the egg it's already dead. And it didn't turn in the end (I should be glad b/c a dead neglected's gonna make me feel even worse). Final stat 1005/67/2 (s3 crack before dying), but it did reached 66 UV an entire minute or more before ToD. Was inserted into all hatcheries I could think of at 11:28:40 and used 5 AR tab

Edited by Moriaty

Did some brimstone hatchling experiments, and one succeeded, growing up into a neglected instantly. The turned brimstone hatchie did not grow normally at 288 uv, which was unexpectedly stubborn, since I was expecting the brim to fail and grow when I accidentally overloaded the UV. I suspect instant-adult experiments will need about 255 to 270 uv with maxed stats to grow a neglected.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I just got a insta-hatchie, and this time it was my doing!!  A Brimstone, and just loaded it up with 50 uv's and not many more ov's.  I've had a couple of experiments where I didn't think I'd given them enough time so this one given 10 minutes. I put it into two AR's for five minutes and then I kicked in with two pages of auto refreshing for the last five minutes.  At two minutes left I opened up another refresher page and prayed. My prayer was answered!

I've frozen it so now I have my scroll goals but I'm going to carry on.  Got three more that will be ready later today.

Thank you to everyone who gives help and advice here, I couldn't have done it without you.

ETA: Got a hatchie from a bred zyu just now!

Edited by quinney

On 1/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Did some brimstone hatchling experiments, and one succeeded, growing up into a neglected instantly. The turned brimstone hatchie did not grow normally at 288 uv, which was unexpectedly stubborn, since I was expecting the brim to fail and grow when I accidentally overloaded the UV. I suspect instant-adult experiments will need about 255 to 270 uv with maxed stats to grow a neglected.

Is there any other information/guide on neglecting a hatchi? I have a few very low time (and super low view) hatchi (literally the ones that failed to neglect and was thus fogged) that I was going to let die for zombie fodder but am wondering if I should just...try it one more time XD 

Edited by Moriaty

10 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Is there any other information/guide on neglecting a hatchi? I have a few very low time (and super low view) hatchi (literally the ones that failed to neglect and was thus fogged) that I was going to let die for zombie fodder but am wondering if I should just...try it one more time XD 

Hmm, unless it's a zyu or prize you don't want them over 300 uv. Most breeds will probably just turn and die (or you have to freeze), so it depends what breeds you have available. I can make educated guesses with more info?

3 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Hmm, unless it's a zyu or prize you don't want them over 300 uv. Most breeds will probably just turn and die (or you have to freeze), so it depends what breeds you have available. I can make educated guesses with more info?

Ahh I'm just gonna do a random attempt then, mine are all regular breeds and I don't have freeze slots left : /. Have a pyrsalspite at 1821/125, a skywing at 1300/90, another skywing at 1204/81, and a water at 1335/81

So I should probably leave them in hatchery for 10 minutes? Mine are all really super low views - they basically didn't get any more view the instant after they hatched..

but if any happen to turn I'll know what I can do next time I have another batch of zombie fodder hatchi ready to go XD

@Moriaty pyral might work for an adult ND, but it's super tough to grow bc it has the same levels as a neglected, and I don't know any numbers for those yet. You'd have to balance getting enough preloaded views that you can grow it in the few seconds before it turns. (Or you can just do the same as regulars if you don't want to risk it growing)

Regulars will grow around 200 uv or more with max OV, so as long as they don't hit that you might still get neglecteds for freezing (or they die). You'll want to AR them too, but yeah, just do an experiment like you normally do.

So Pyral died at 3195/213, ungendered, didn't turn

Skywing 1 died at 2121/181, ungendered, didn't turn

Skywing 2 fell into my dinner slot...

Water died 3245/217, did gender, but didn't turn

I feel like I should pump them with more views if I want to try again next time XD but eggs are safer honestly...this runs the risk of having them randomly grow up 

i had a few experiments set up for last week, only for my clock to be out of sync, thus ruining the experiment for all four of them. not that they mightve turned anway, but still, make sure you have the actual correct time for these ^^;

I have another quick question about neglecteds - so far as I've seen, all neglect eggs only turn neglected at the absolute last minute of their life. It sounds like the neglect mechanics only triggers on the last minute. Then I also saw the concept that each view the site sees it basically flips a coin and decide if the egg should neglect. GIven these info, I'm curious, is there any point in unfogging and putting them in hatcheries early? Or would it actually be a better idea to have it inserted into as many hatcheries as possible after it hits 1 minute timer to maximize the views gained in that window where neglects actually happen?

(I'm talking method 1, ie not solo, so I don't need the egg hatched, just wondering if doing this would increase the chance)

If anyone has experienced neglects turning before 1 minute from ToD then plz point it out to me :D then I can throw away this iffy idea.  I've only had two success thus far, one turning at roughly 25 sec before exact ToD, the other at 15 sec. For some reason out of the 18 attempts I had,  2 out of 5 lineaged ones turned and no CB, wondering if that's why CBs are "worth more" in some sense....they're harder to turn?

(I hope I'm communicating this correctly lol

Edited by Moriaty

27 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Or would it actually be a better idea to have it inserted into as many hatcheries as possible after it hits 1 minute timer to maximize the views gained in that window where neglects actually happen?

That's not a bad idea. I've never had an early turn, and most of the neglecters I know only add their exps to hatcheries once the final minute hits (or even after, like 30 seconds left). I imagine it's a lot better than risking eggs hatching from leaving in there too long.

Have never had a turn before a minute either.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

most of the neglecters I know only add their exps to hatcheries once the final minute hits

oh that's good to know! I usually have them in there for 3-4 minutes (slightly more than the suggestion on the first page) and was doubting myself so knowing that experience neglector only put them in last minute and still get neglects will help me adjust how I neglect my next experiments. thanks.

Edited by Moriaty

@Moriaty before my current method I did have some eggs turn between 2-6 minutes, but it was much rarer to get an egg to turn at a higher time as opposed to the last minute. It wasn't a good method compared to my current one since I lost far more eggs with it as opposed to now.

I got another zyu hatchie! 😁

After more dead eggs than I care to think of on my scroll, I got a turn just now. 

I'm following Shadowdrake as near to the letter as I can, just wish I could get it together enough for a scroll full of green hatchies instead of dead eggs!

Loving the ones I have though. 🥰

Someone managed to successfully get a regular egg (striped) to turn neglected, then hatch without forcing or teleporting! Theoretically I knew it was probably possible, but I'd never seen it before.

They began with UVs that are close to what a force experiment would have. They added to VS about 45 seconds after the experiment AR stage began, (1:15 left), it turned fairly early in the final minute, and they immediately shoved it in the rest of available hatcheries while others kept ARing it. It was very spooky to watch because I kept expecting it to die, but it gradually went from s2/s3 crack to s5, then hatched. Before turning, the experiment egg was already at s3. Had it kept going without turning, it may have just hatched normal.

Start: 233/60/5, 2 mins from tod

Turn: 696/73/8

Hatch: 1444/98/8

I may write up a method for this, but it'd still be extremely risky. Doable even if you don't have a kill slot up, though.

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 1/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, Shadowdrake said:

I may write up a method for this, but it'd still be extremely risky. Doable even if you don't have a kill slot up, though.

Please do write up a method. Every method gratefully received!

Assuming that the AP stays the same for Valentine's, it's just a little over a week before I start breeding for the next mass AP neglecting batch. Please PM me if you would like to help contribute to the massbreed. No neglecting skill required: just breeding specific commons and uncommons. This will take part at 2:30 - 3:30 PM DC time on the 11th. More details will be given in PMs.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Well, I've had three tries in three days and killed all eggs. I won't try a Brimstone again, my three successes were zyus.

A couple for tomorrow...

@Shadowdrake  If I ever get past this stage, I may be able to join you in the future - good luck!

@quinney Oh, well, if you'd still like to contribute it only needs eggs bred at a specific time, no neglecting help required from the breeder. The pool of "eligible" dragons is pretty big ^^

That's a shame that your successes are so rare though. I hope you get better luck in the future!

I got another today!  For the first time, it gave me a scare when it went to an egg, my others have been insta-hatchies.  (I also got another dead egg.)

Got two more attempts tomorrow evening, then that's it for a while.

Not an attempt, but I'm wondering about neglecteds on the abandoned page - after a holiday, around what time do they generally appear?