Kaini

Neglected Dragons

You can always open up more tabs of ARs, you're not limited to just one set. I have unfortunately been having quite a few fails and forgets even when I feel like I've been setting up fine so it really is all down to luck.

I actually wondered with my egg dying as a zyu if I was blasting it too much?  or doesn't it work like that? I try again at 8.34 tonight, it's now 7.48.

ETA:

Did pretty much the same as yesterday, with the same result, so I see that as doing something wrong, and luck not coming into it.  I think tomorrow I'll give it a full five minutes and see what happens. 

Edited by quinney

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can always open up more tabs of ARs, you're not limited to just one set..

I'm stunned; I'd have never thought of that.  But doesn't it tell you not to use too many?

2 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

I'm stunned; I'd have never thought of that.  But doesn't it tell you not to use too many?

It does, but it's probably a really old warning suitable for old, slow computers and also I doubt the writer knows all about ND creation (since no one seems to). I'm guessing the warning is also based on the assumption that more views when views are maxed don't help (which is possible but unlikely), but I've definitely seen successes when I and friends bombed with two or three sets worth of ARs each and also when we used to limit ourselves to one set max each, so... eh? It's up to you.

on umm... friday (i think) i attempted to make a neglected out of a zyumorph, but it failed. i have another experiment tonight so i hope that works. i think what i did wrong with the first experiment was that when i preloaded the zyumorph with unique views, it got too many clicks - about eight (8) clicks. i gave my first zyumorph attempt about 58 views. when it was time to viewbomb the egg, the egg didn't turn green, it stayed as a zyumorph and even got a CRACK in it before dying. i think it was because it got too many clicks when i preloaded, so i made sure attempt #2 doesn't have too many clicks. i hope that was the reason why, otherwise i have no idea why it didn't work 😧 i'll keep trying though. my fingers are crossed for exp #2

Let me get this straight in black and white.  The aim is to get around 60 uv's preloaded, then at two minutes to death, shove the egg into as many AR's as possible?  Success/failure is pure luck?

6 hours ago, quinney said:

Let me get this straight in black and white.  The aim is to get around 60 uv's preloaded, then at two minutes to death, shove the egg into as many AR's as possible?  Success/failure is pure luck?

For Zyus, yea, basically. Not just AR's at 2-3 mins though, fansites to get UVs because ARs will just cap out ovs.

But in the end it is pure luck. Though so far I have a 100% success rate with Zyus for some reason, we'll see if my luck holds. I have two more in about two hours.

Just got yet another dead egg.  I used fansites for about five minutes before using the AR's.  Very disheartening.  Got one every day this week, then I'm giving it a rest.

2 hours ago, quinney said:

Just got yet another dead egg.  I used fansites for about five minutes before using the AR's.  Very disheartening.  Got one every day this week, then I'm giving it a rest.

Maybe starting too early? I don't add to ANY fansites or even unfog until 3 mins.

Though I did finally have my first Zyu fails - no turns today.

Anyone interested in two eggs for an attempt the day after tomorrow around midnight cavetime?

I miscalculated their TOD and figured out it would be early in the morning in my timezone. xD

https://dragcave.net/teleport/b284e9d4a22a7778fac9e12c16e78ec2

v0TVa, precog'd male, will die at xx:00:20 (hh:mm:ss)

Sx2sa , precog'd female, will die between xx:36:xx and xx:52:xx

EDIT: Sorry, they are so late in time, nobody would be able to incubate them again...

GONE

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

18 hours ago, Kaini said:

For Zyus, yea, basically. Not just AR's at 2-3 mins though, fansites to get UVs because ARs will just cap out ovs.

Am I right in thinking that you have to do the preloading earlier in the day, or even the day before, to be able to get UVs right at the last minutes when you need them?

10 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Am I right in thinking that you have to do the preloading earlier in the day, or even the day before, to be able to get UVs right at the last minutes when you need them?

I've been doing it the day after breeding, then fog.  Any earlier and the egg gets sick.  (Which doesn't really matter, since you're fogging it anyway, but I just didn't like to see it.)

I don't know but loading it so close to the end could result in a Zyu hatchie?

Another dead egg. Final stats 1461/108/7 It had only the first crack when it died. It was a zyu.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

Another dead egg. Final stats 1461/108/7 It had only the first crack when it died. It was a zyu.

My stats never got anywhere near that high.  Think I'll just put tonight's in fansites, and not bother with any AR's until the very end if it doesn't die.

...and another dead egg. 😭

Edited by quinney

13 hours ago, quinney said:

I've been doing it the day after breeding, then fog.  Any earlier and the egg gets sick.  (Which doesn't really matter, since you're fogging it anyway, but I just didn't like to see it.)

I don't know but loading it so close to the end could result in a Zyu hatchie?

I preload with views immediately after breeding : D They get sick but who cares because I just fog them once they hit 60 ish uvs.

I just lost another one, :(   I'm not surprised at this one, because I started it out with 962/130 and ended up with 1848/147.  The numbers got away from me while I was preloading it but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.  I have one more and then I might concentrate on Halloween breeding and preparing to make Zombies for awhile.

I'm not going to give up though...

I have two more to try. I'm not hopeful.  I don't know, even after following all the advice here, I'm just convinced that I'm doing something wrong.  I can't believe that some of us have the knack and good luck and some haven't.

Six dead eggs on my scroll, no doubt two more to follow.  Time to concentrate on Halloween.

Honestly I suspect that having several people helping to ar during the experiment makes it much more likely to turn. My odds weren't bad when I had assistance versus all my fails when I tried to go solo, and another of our ND group who is a very experienced exp'er and has had many successes had no turns last night when it was only them and one other person helping as opposed to the usual 3 or 4. I heard even Kaini had a long string of fails when they were practically going solo, but now have a lot more successes when they started asking the Discord to help ar.

Unfortunately this is a handicap that I think can only be fixed by joining one of said discords or another experiment group with frequent activity.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I have two normalish dragons fogged. Are they harder or easier to turn than zyus? They both have their 60 views already.

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Honestly I suspect that having several people helping to ar during the experiment makes it much more likely to turn. My odds weren't bad when I had assistance versus all my fails when I tried to go solo, and another of our ND group who is a very experienced exp'er and has had many successes had no turns last night when it was only them and one other person helping as opposed to the usual 3 or 4. I heard even Kaini had a long string of fails when they were practically going solo, but now have a lot more successes when they started asking the Discord to help ar.

Unfortunately this is a handicap that I think can only be fixed by joining one of said discords or another experiment group with frequent activity.

I hear and agree with you that success will be achieved much more with help.  When I'm more in a position to do so, I'll probably join a group or ask for the help.  Just seems so incredible that some soloists are managing and some aren't.

Anyway, heyhoe, as I said, time to concentrate on zombies instead!

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

At least by anecdotal evidence, this seems true. I've been having a lot more success with discord attention on the experiments. I had a string of almost 20 failures before the discord was created.

I'm not sure why. I can open near infinite of AR tabs myself on my gaming pc. At this point I just think it's collective willpower : D

Had another success this morning, another Zyu.

3 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I have two normalish dragons fogged. Are they harder or easier to turn than zyus? They both have their 60 views already.

What breeds are they? If you're trying to do them completely solo with no catcher, most breeds will be extremely difficult, perhaps even impossible for normal players to get to turn without hatching and then hatch them once they do turn. There are a few stubborn breeds that match up with neglected stubbornness and is theoretically possible (I've heard at least one person managed a solo with a brimstone) but it would be a delicate balancing act to not hatch it until it turns and still likely to die if it turns late.

Edited by Shadowdrake

8 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

What breeds are they? If you're trying to do them completely solo with no catcher, most breeds will be extremely difficult, perhaps even impossible for normal players to get to turn without hatching and then hatch them once they do turn. There are a few stubborn breeds that match up with neglected stubbornness and is theoretically possible (I've heard at least one person managed a solo with a brimstone) but it would be a delicate balancing act to not hatch it until it turns and still likely to die if it turns late.

I have a skysilk and tercorn. They're at 18 hours right now and I plan to try and get help, but I was mostly wondering if it would be worth it to try with those breeds.

Edited by Jazeki

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

I have a skysilk and tercorn. They're at 18 hours right now and I plan to try and get help, but I was mostly wondering if it would be worth it to try with those breeds.

In that case I haven't noticed much difference in odds between breeds. There might be some based on rarity but the majority of what my group uses are commons and we get about a 1/5? average collectively, so it's not bad.