TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

Oh yay, thanks for all the Lihnseyre info Skywolf! The zombie part is especially interesting to think about, I'm now imagining exactly how a zombie-soul must feel to a creature who can feel souls like this... It's probably really unsettling and uncomfortable. 

Yes! More options for Pygmies, Two-headeds and Drakes!

I love the cracking sequences of my eggs. I was a bit late and still had eggs before i used incubate and now i have cute hatchlings on my scroll. I am happy to have more to play with.

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

As usual the artist clique jumps at anyone who has anything bad to say about someone's style....

Im not a spriter and found that comment to be extremely rude and uncalled for.   No one says you have to like every sprite or even every artist's style, but personal attacks are never okay.

On a positive note, I'm so happy for "rainbow" dragons.  Need my first batch to hatch already so I can go catch the other four I need.

56 minutes ago, TCA said:

There are 14 wings and 12 fins.

That explains it, then. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm glad the eggs are still pretty easy to get. Looks like we can get pairs after all. :)

I'm not going to make an actual trivia post for Kovos pygmies as the information is in the encyclopedia. (Yes, I'm mean and will make you work for it.)

I will say that a large part of the inspiration came from the aether and how it swirls around a person and then just schlerps in. I wanted a lindwyrm because of their snakey type body, but with wings. I love Skywolf's sketch. I didn't give her a lot of description to start with and she captured my vision perfectly.

Their mists are formed from death mana and dark mana, in somewhat different forms. Those mists are part of them, essentially, not just drawn to them. They're slightly lethal with prolonged contact. Maybe you'll want to avoid direct contact.

Also, they hate you, but think you probably might taste good. If you aren't careful around them they'll probably kill you just to find out. So beware.

2 minutes ago, Fiona said:

I'm not going to make an actual trivia post for Kovos pygmies as the information is in the encyclopedia. (Yes, I'm mean and will make you work for it.)

I will say that a large part of the inspiration came from the aether and how it swirls around a person and then just schlerps in. I wanted a lindwyrm because of their snakey type body, but with wings. I love Skywolf's sketch. I didn't give her a lot of description to start with and she captured my vision perfectly.

Their mists are formed from death mana and dark mana, in somewhat different forms. Those mists are part of them, essentially, not just drawn to them. They're slightly lethal with prolonged contact. Maybe you'll want to avoid direct contact.

Also, they hate you, but think you probably might taste good. If you aren't careful around them they'll probably kill you just to find out. So beware.

lol, especially that last part.

7 minutes ago, Fiona said:

then just schlerps in

Amazing verb, that :lol:

Blue orange and red are my favorite!!!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ They're all pretty but those three specifically ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Really liking all the new breeds, they are all excellent! I think the Kovos is my favorite, which was a surprise because pygmys aren't usually the type I gravitate towards. Their sprite is just great, and it suits their description. They really do look like (very cool) little demons and I like them a lot!

25 minutes ago, Fiona said:

They're slightly lethal

'Slightly' lethal is an interesting phrase, lol (And oohhh there will be info in the encyclopedia?? Yaayyy! We don't get enough info-filled encyclopedia entries with new release, imo)

Slightly lethal as in, kill you slowly. As opposed to the pygmies themselves, who just grab you with their claws and rip your face off.

OMG these are sensational! I love them all  Thank you TJ and Spriters for giving us this awesome release! Perfect for a 13th birthday

I can't even make an attempt to pick a favorite because all of these are absolutely stunning c'x

For the first time I might actually have a pygmy, drake, and two-headed hoard so I really look forward to that when I have the time. But overall the concepts from start to finish were fantastic and the descriptions really take the cake there too! I'm so thankful for these babs so sincerest thanks to TJ and spriters for another outstanding birthday release ❤️

Now I'm going to go put myself in a time loop and catch some more of these pretties xD

Late to the party, but I'm loving this release, so many different dragons! I like the look of Lihnseyre dragons best, but the rest are also very cool dragons! Happy birthday DC and thanks to everyone involved! Now onward to collecting these pretties!

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Lihnseyre are my favorites, wish i had a gold shimmer instead of a silver now haha. Must try and do a trade. But my shimmer will look good, i think, with the Area Gloris ones, sharing the same swoopy body plan. and blue and silver go well together

Oh pleeeeease breed those, that would be so freaking gorgeous. *.*

First off, love the release. Very unique, interesting designs and descriptions. Thank you artists ^_^

Second, I hope yall don't mind me pointing it out, but the description of Lihnseyre has a tiny typo. "...the connection betweem a being’s material body...". Just thought you would like to know.

22 hours ago, Pryanka said:

Has this been addressed? 

With respect, the pygmy's description might not be your style, but it's not incorrect. There is nothing grammatically or logically wrong with it that needs fixed. "Mists" is fine (see: Mists of Avalon), "from" is fine (it's in the mists), "malevolent-seeming" (our perception) is fine, and it flows fine.

3 hours ago, hazeh said:

That's actually not her belly. The Geminae have rather robust rib cages 😁 She is 3/4 view, with heads turned inwards. 

This was her original sketch:20190510_153520.thumb.jpg.2c01eb4cd060cf0d0c2173ea082d480b.jpg

Geminae are bipedal, so they need that big booty to help balance while walking. 

:D I personally adore my bootylicious babies, but I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea. 

I'm glad everyone likes the Vremya drakes though!! 

Aww I swear I don't see the chest in the in game sprite, that's a real shame! Now the I have understood that's their chest I like them much more  :(

Is still a bit too much bulky, but makes way more sense!!! 

17 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

First off, love the release. Very unique, interesting designs and descriptions. Thank you artists ^_^

Second, I hope yall don't mind me pointing it out, but the description of Lihnseyre has a tiny typo. "...the connection betweem a being’s material body...". Just thought you would like to know.

Posted this in the Grammar Patrol thread, thank you!

I just discovered the adults and found my favorite in the Lihnseyres BEFORE I saw the description @SkyWolf25 did a few posts up. Love the details, very funny about the Cassare lol and I hope my sweet soul Neglected will get accepted (while I'll go and tell my beloved Zombies to better stay in distance XD)

Love them all, but especially the Aeria Gloris and the concept of an almost alien dragon. Love it. Awesome work everyone :)

1 hour ago, schmupti said:

With respect, the pygmy's description might not be your style, but it's not incorrect. There is nothing grammatically or logically wrong with it that needs fixed. "Mists" is fine (see: Mists of Avalon), "from" is fine (it's in the mists), "malevolent-seeming" (our perception) is fine, and it flows fine.

When I asked if it was addressed, any form of an answer would be appreciated, including yours. 

I still fully stand by my suggestions, because even if the way it's originally written may be grammatically correct, it certainly doesn't flow.

If something is in the mist, it's still going to be glaring through a mist, not really from that mist. I understand its semantics, but I do think that you shouldn't completely shut down constructive criticism.

Mists of Avalon is not something I'm familiar with, or how the word mist/mists is used....so I can't comment one way or another there without doing more research.

Something that is "malevolent-seeming" is still better written as "seemingly malevolent"