TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

Lihnseyre are my favorites, wish i had a gold shimmer instead of a silver now haha. Must try and do a trade. But my shimmer will look good, i think, with the Area Gloris ones, sharing the same swoopy body plan. and blue and silver go well together

Not a fan of the superhero movies, but definitely a fan of these beautiful dragons :D.  Also, evil pygmies are evil and I love them for it evilgrin0041.gif

(Psst, there's a typo in the last sentence of the Lihnseyre's description: " —the connection betweem a being’s material body and its extra-planar soul— ")

3 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Geminae Dragons... just don't suit my tastes. The concept is wonderful, colors are perfect and i really like the contrast with the ice-blue mane. But what's wrong with the belly? This dragon isn't sure how to position itself! Is it sideway or facing 3/4 towards the viewer? His body looks bloated and fat because of the angle that belly + hindquarter does.

That's actually not her belly. The Geminae have rather robust rib cages 😁 She is 3/4 view, with heads turned inwards. 

This was her original sketch:20190510_153520.thumb.jpg.2c01eb4cd060cf0d0c2173ea082d480b.jpg

Geminae are bipedal, so they need that big booty to help balance while walking. 

:D I personally adore my bootylicious babies, but I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea. 

I'm glad everyone likes the Vremya drakes though!! 

ooohghhhh I love them all so much!!! Such adorable hate filled rage pygmies!! Such beautiful alien space dragons!! What beauty! What grace! Also Lihnseyre and Leodon??? Maybe? I kind of like that as a potential pairing. The lihnseyres have such beautiful colors, they look like sunsets!

Purple is my favorite color and I love the power stone boys!

I absolutely LOVE the references in all of these dragons! The eye on the time stone one? AMAZING! The vision colors on the mind stone? THE BEST! Little Pygmy Ether? Freaking superb. Excellent work, spriters! This has been my favorite release in a long time!!

Why, just why does the Aeria Gloris' description state they have 7 sets of small wings if the sprite clearly shows at least 11 (without counting the first set, which is *not* small)? Plus, there should be 1-2 extra sets hidden behind the chest. Anyway, something doesn't match up here. I still love the sprites, though. :wub:

I feel like we need a Pygmy alignment chart. Like, Mysfit and Mimic and Kovos all seem ready to cause you a bad day but in very distinct ways XD 

1 minute ago, olympe said:

Why, just why does the Aeria Gloris' description state they have 7 sets of small wings if the sprite clearly shows at least 11

Maybe past the seventh set they're just fins? The last couple def don't look the same as the "wing" sets, without li'l wing arms in 'em. idk.

Edited by Stromboli

9 minutes ago, olympe said:

Why, just why does the Aeria Gloris' description state they have 7 sets of small wings if the sprite clearly shows at least 11 (without counting the first set, which is *not* small)? Plus, there should be 1-2 extra sets hidden behind the chest. Anyway, something doesn't match up here. I still love the sprites, though. :wub:

my only thought is that after the 7 they aren't real wings. They do have a noticeable change of shape after that point, going from a bit bowed at the top due to a wing arm to just rounded curve, so from pteranodon wings to whale fins sort of shapes

Edited by Sirithiliel

@hazeh they are BIG CHUNK and I like it. ❤️ Although I have to be honest--and this makes me laugh--the Kovos of all things look even more thicc in my mind. The location of the curves where they're holding themselves up align all too well with the bosom and bum of a curvy cartoon woman! X'DD 

@olympe I believe after the first seven, the rest are just fins :3

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

they are BIG CHUNK and I like it. ❤️ Although I have to be honest--and this makes me laugh--the Kovos of all things look even more thicc in my mind. The location of the curves where they're holding themselves up align all too well with the bosom and bum of a curvy cartoon woman! X'DD 

i...i honestly thought the Kovos actually just had a hourglass shape. I had to go back and look  again. 

40 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

As usual the artist clique jumps at anyone who has anything bad to say about someone's style....

And they should if you simply post a completely unnecessary, non-constructive comment. No one is saying to only post positive things, but literally no one will benefit from a comment like you made.

There are dragons I'm not super fond of (or I just don't care about) every release, and it's very easy to simply not say anything about them or only point out things I think will actually help the artist.

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Kovos/Chicken Hybrid:

maxresdefault.jpg

I love this

6 minutes ago, Fiona said:

@Starbit Sometimes I wish we had a "like" button. That's epic.

This was my EXACT thought XD

Kinda makes me wish we'd have full size sprites in lineages for a second, too... The Kovos looks so good there!

I love all of these ❤️ I think Geminae are going to look great paired with the original two-headed dragon, but my absolute favourite has to he the Lihnseyre. So pretty!

36 minutes ago, olympe said:

There are 14 wings and 12 fins.

Okay, I just wanna say how great this release is. The designs are unique, the personalities are distinct with tangible quirks and flaws, the powers are pretty unique, and all of them are body types that desperately need new members rather then 6 new flavors of generic western.

This is pretty much the ideal release. Other releases should be trying to live up to this one.

Edited by blockEdragon

16 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Kovos/Chicken Hybrid:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm going to start a Kovos x Pipio lineage called Spicy Nuggets for this purpose 

LJLOQX6.png

Here's a portrait of the Lihnseyre. :D I'm glad I was able to finish it in time. Feel free to use it for your avatar or sig. Full size.

Also, info dump time! Here's some stuff about them.

-'Lihn' comes from linh/lin/ling, which means 'soul' in some Asian countries. 'Seyre' is 'seer' scrambled and modified, and is pronounced similarly to 'sayer'. 

-Quite large. This can be changed if the average size range of DC dragons change, but currently I'm imagining the length of the body (the tail excluded) is comparable to blue whales, possibly longer.

-Can feel the souls of creatures surrounding them, letting them know of the creatures' locations, general emotions, species, and elements(elemental affinity for animals with inherent magic, preferred element for human mages). Signals from nearby creatures are the strongest, and gradually fades with distance.

-Move within a set(albeit very wide) area, but don't feel particular ownership over it; don't mind areas overlapping with others or other breeds living in it. The exception to this are Cassares; their magic-nullifying ability interferes with soul-feeling and causes them distress, as it's akin to losing sight or hearing. They will try to warn them off, or even bodily remove them to a far off place if that doesn't work.

-As mentioned in the description, if they 'see' a distressed or angry soul they may send soothing energy, and sometimes may invigorate weakened, withering souls. However, this is more because they like it when souls are peaceful and beautiful rather than acting out of inherent goodwill. (It's similar to taking a look at your glass marble collection and cleaning ones that are dirty.) It's not impossible for kinder Lihnseyres to help because they want to, but it depends on the individual and is not that common.

-They're more muscular than one might expect, though more wiry than bulky.

-They hate zombies with a passion because of how unstable and unnatural their souls feel and will cut their soul tethers(i.e. kill them for good) whenever they encounter one. However, this won't do on a scroll. 😜

-Females lay a single egg and parents take turns carrying it around, as they don't keep a nest. The hatchling is also carried and raised together.

-They have a reverberant roar and rumbling growl, emphasized by their size. They prefer telepathy for communication, but can rumble to show their displeasure. They sometimes let out a much softer, crooning rumble when they are pleased.

-If they're particularly interested in a certain thing, the tips of their tendrils get angled towards it. If you are touched by the tendrils it means you are in their favor. If they are very angry, the tendrils get angled diagonally back like face frills and ripple intensely. Touching the tendrils without permission is considered rude.

-They like draping/coiling themselves around something when they settle down to sleep, namely ancient trees and large rock pillars.

There will be more info in the encyclopedia, but do feel free to ask me stuff about these guys 'u'
I really appreciate all of the people who have expressed their love for my first dragon. ;v; I am also grateful to the spriters who helped make it happen.

Bonus: Here's the sketch I did for the Kovos pygmy.
ZIKV0fX.jpg

Edited by SkyWolf25
fixed link.

3 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Okay, I just wanna say how great this release is. The designs are unique, the personalities are distinct with tangible quirks and flaws, the powers are pretty unique, and all of them are body types that desperately need new members rather then 6 new flavors of generic western.

This is pretty much the ideal release. Other releases should be trying to live up to this one.

Got to agree here. I'm very very pleasantly surprised by this release! 

I honestly was a little disappointed in the beginning to realize we had an 'infinity stone' release, I'm normally not very excited about media-inspired releases. The hatchies in general were kind of underwhelming to me (except that stage1 drake which I will totally be hoarding!). But these adults omg!! I'm impressed at every single one. There is so much detail and polish and boldness in every single one.

Purple is always my favorite color so by default I looooove the Galvanic Wyverns (and they have metal tips whaaa?!). The Aeria Gloris is just amazing, I *love* how different it looks compared to anything we've had before. The description mentioning it looks possibly alien is spot-on and makes it even better imo. I looove the bright-blue mane and tail on the Geminae, I love that the heads seem to be talking to each other (and kind of form a heart-shape!). The Vremya Drake's pose is wonderful, again not something we usually see pose-wise. I love how diverse this release is omg! The pygmy looks a bit 'chunky' which is just awesome, gives it more personality I think. And the Lihnseyre, my goodness that coloring is just stunning! 

7 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

They will try to warn them off, or even bodily remove them to a far off place if that doesn't work.

Now I can’t stop imagining a Lihnseyre carrying off a hoard of Cassares that decided to show up!

9 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

-They hate zombies with a passion because of how unstable and unnatural their souls feel and will cut their soul tethers(i.e. kill them for good) whenever they encounter one. However, this won't do on a scroll. 😜

This is so interesting 😮 thanks for the extra info!! Also I'm glad I was already pronouncing their names correctly *finger guns*