TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

It's all great stuff - I'm happy with whatever we are given, and the dragons are gorgeous. Naturally I like some more than others, but that's my taste and no reflection on the artists. I am glad they don't seem to summon :P 

As for site updates - well, there's nothing says we have to get them every year - or even at any particular time of year. I'd rather a few current suggestions were implemented (hide growing things, for one...)

Maybe since its the 13th Bday, and theres 6 dragons, you need 12 to summon a 13th. Like they were collected in Infinity War and then Endgame.

image.png.802b8688da6f9dbae3a35ccd0b93f4f1.png

Oh. Damn - I hope not, but that I can check in a couple of days !

I incubated my first batch of eggs, so they should grow up in a couple hours, which should give us some idea.  Actually, we may have to wait longer.  I just went and checked my incomplete set of zyumorphs and the summon BSA doesn't show up, so we probably won't see any sort of summon BSA until we have a complete set of the birthday dragons grown up, which should be- for me- two and a half days.  Also known as Tuesday evening, after I have to get off the computer for bedtime, so I won't actually know until Wednesday morning.  Gives me something to look forward to, I guess.

Although a new BSA would be cool, I also wouldn't mind if there wasn't one since the set of dragons is awesome either way. B) I liked the summoning BSA for the Zyus though so something similar with these would be neat and also fitting.

10 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I incubated my first batch of eggs, so they should grow up in a couple hours, which should give us some idea.  Actually, we may have to wait longer.  I just went and checked my incomplete set of zyumorphs and the summon BSA doesn't show up, so we probably won't see any sort of summon BSA until we have a complete set of the birthday dragons grown up, which should be- for me- two and a half days.  Also known as Tuesday evening, after I have to get off the computer for bedtime, so I won't actually know until Wednesday morning.  Gives me something to look forward to, I guess.

I have a complete set. But not two sets, which is what someone suggested we need...

Er, that's what I meant: "as many dragons as you would theoretically need to pull off the actual summoning" AKA "two of each kind".  I shall soon also have one of each kind grown up, but didn't expect that to work.

Theres are 12 candles on the cake, two of each color, and then a 13th non-colored one....nobody tell me this is crazy! They're dragons based on things specifically collected to make another thing. And they had to be collected twice.

.....nobody take this hope from me

Edited by bloodyneptune

35 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

Theres are 12 candles on the cake, two of each color, and then a 13th non-colored one....nobody tell me this is crazy! They're dragons based on things specifically collected to make another thing. And they had to be collected twice.

Interesting theory and... if I may... totally like TJ to set up something like that. :P 

So no, I don't think CRAZY at all.

Well, We will find out. I have a pair of each, SO I can investigate once mine all grow up!

Edited by JavaTigress

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As for site updates - well, there's nothing says we have to get them every year - or even at any particular time of year. I'd rather a few current suggestions were implemented (hide growing things, for one...)

Absolutely, I'll be happy with any site update, no matter what time of the year. But I did expect them for the anniversary because of the years prior. :) I also totally meant stuff like suggestions when I said updates! I don't think anyone is expecting a Market-like update every year. :P

I love the candle theory, that can't be a coincidence 👀 I won't have two sets until 48 hours later though, and if it's supposed to be a m/f set I won't have any soon at all :P

Well we did get a site update only a few weeks back with the new backgrounds ;)

I'm currently thinking about naming themes for this batch. Always a pain. 🙄

I have names of galaxies for Aeris Gloria and time-travel movie titles for Vremya. What yre you planning on doing?

I'd like to see something to be summoned. Rainbow colours, crock of gold and all that. I like all the new dragons, but if there were two things I was hoping for it was being able to hide more than one dragon at a time and also some sort of upheaval with the zombies. We really need to be able to get them easier.

But - it's been a good birthday release, thank you.

I'd be delighted of we could "summon" a batch, like with Shallow Waters. I'd like to have an Infnity Gauntlet on my scroll. 😎

Maybe it's the Marvel fangirl talking but this release blew me out of the water with the quality of the sprites. Not that the site's standards isn't high as it is and the last few years of releases all have  been great but the only set that I remember where I felt like each and every sprite wasn't just good but superb was the Xenos. So kudos to the spriters for once again upping the level of what to expect :wub:

@Herk coming in from a completely ignorant point of view, having never watched/read (see I don't even know if it's comics or movies) anything to do with the back story, I love these dragons. Every one of them is beautiful and I'm looking forward to building the lineages I have planned. :D

I'm so happy with this release, I could write a whole wall of text about it ! But that would be a bit tedious, I guess, so...

Dear spriter's (every single one of you), and TJ, many, many thanks for this marvellous release !!!

Like so many others I actually love each sprite in this release (something that only very rarely happens to me), they are each beautiful, interesting, and very dynamic !!

And that is true without even considering the reference.

I'm a hopeless MCU fan. I never read any comics, I'm not a big fan of other superhero movies, but these just got me with their witty dialogue, lovable characters, and just plain "let's all have fun, but not be silly" attitude. It's like some great adventure movie a'la Indiana Jones, just with more focus on the characters (which is a good thing).

That said - I adore the artful way in which these dragons reference the Infinity Stones. There's so much thoughful detail that went into those sprites to achieve it, while keeping them able to stand on their own as well. Each and every one of you spriters did a fantastic job in doing that ! And it's a great enjoyment to find and recognize all those details. (I think bloodyneptune already listed a fair amount of them. ;))

And even the descriptions work both ways - they match the respective stones, but they also make sense if you just relate them to Valkemare and nothing else.

Also, this release, like Endgame, gives me the possibility to enjoy looking back on all those MCU films, and the good times I had with them. And it allows me to share that enjoyment with others who feel the same, without shutting out those who don't care for the reference.

Perfect idea, perfect spriting, perfect writing (typoes don't count!), perfect release ! :wub:

I'd be perfectly happy if this was all we get for this DC birthday, because it is a lot, and it is a whole new level of designing and executing a birthday dragon set. Really special !

17 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Also, this release, like Endgame, gives me the possibility to enjoy looking back on all those MCU films, and the good times I had with them.

Tony did hope that when we played it back, it'd be in celebration.

This really feels like a celebration.

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! I came super, super late but managed to grab one of each kind. :) They're so beautiful! Thank you to TJ and spriters.

Okay, now I'm really curious about the Aeria dragons. What are they looking for? What is their alien/primordial connection? It sounds like there's an interesting story behind these dragons.

3 hours ago, bloodyneptune said:

Also, when TJ posts new dragon releases he usually only posts two adult sprites if there is dimorphism. If the male and female adult sprites are identical he only posts one. In this thread he posted two of each adult dragon even though the sprites are identical. That can't be a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Also, when TJ posts new dragon releases he usually only posts two adult sprites if there is dimorphism. If the male and female adult sprites are identical he only posts one. In this thread he posted two of each adult dragon even though the sprites are identical. That can't be a coincidence.

Usually, if there is no dimorphism, TJ has two of each breed and keeps one adult and freezes the other one to show off the hatchie. Also,usually he's late with freezing the hatchies so he has to revert one of the adults back one stage. So not, unfortunately nothing unusual there ^_^

I'd love the idea to have another summon BSA, I just wish you won't need a new batch of six (or twelve) dragons for each new try.

Edited by Chococat0815

Awww, I was hoping they'd have a BSA. Been a while that we have some BSA Dragons released...

Still, love the Adults!