TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

So sad Geminae Dragons  are two-headed!

But As a native speaker (russian)  I like Vremya Drakes. Vremya means Time in Russian, so Time Drakes. As Green as the Time Stone.

Edited by john_jones

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

The more I stare at the adults the more I'm convinced the Geminae is my favorite. I don't dislike two-heads in general, but there hasn't been any two-head so far that I've actually wanted to *hoard*. But the colors on this adult are just stunning, I think they really compliment each other. And I can't get over the two heads 'talking' to each other, hehe.

I agree, the color choice is beautiful. The gold and wine red look regal.

So I just finished reading the description of the Aeria Gloris, hmmm.  This dragon is definitely different as a species.  It kinda doesn't fit into any particular breed or class.  Physically, they definitely seem alien.  I mean, six eyes! 👀👀👀

I don't think there has ever been a dragon on dc with more than two eyes.

Congrats to TCA for bringing the aliens to Dragon Cave!✌😄👽

3 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

So I just finished reading the description of the Aeria Gloris, hmmm.  This dragon is definitely different as a species.  It kinda doesn't fit into any particular breed or class.  Physically, they definitely seem alien.  I mean, six eyes! 👀👀👀

The idea is just *brilliant*. Cause deep sea creatures look like aliens, that looks like a Deep Space alien creature inspired by deep sea creatures that look like aliens.

Oh my gosh these dragons are BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't choose a favorite. They're all pretty darn amazing! 

1 hour ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Agree! They are really so different then anything we've had before, while still fitting into DC's general look.

The new dragons are amazing. The array of colors is fabulous. Thank you for such beautiful dragons. Happy Birthday Dragon Cave.

2 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Caligenes and Fell Dragons both have four eyes. Not sure if there are any others... unless you count all the two headed breeds! :D  

1 minute ago, Switch said:

hey guys. you hear about popular media? well, they're dragons now.

my life revolves around pop culture

Oooh, love some of the adults, especially the Aeria Gloris (one of my favorites overall!), Vremya Drake, and Galvanic Wyvern. The Lihnseyre and Geminae are just there - not particularly impressed or fond of them. 

Anyway, love the new release ~ ♥

Ugh just saw them all and theyre GORGEOUS.

Lihnseyre completely blew me out of the water, and from two of my three favorite spriters on the site, such a flawless collab lol Im truly gagged. Thanks yall!

33 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

Caligenes and Fell Dragons both have four eyes. Not sure if there are any others... unless you count all the two headed breeds! :D  

1558752142469.png.445c60662418c6bd65a8debfc69c45b1.png

You are correct!  Ha, I never did count the eyes, such a small detail on my phone.  Thanks for that!✌

The dragons are very beautiful!  Yay for the new eggs/dragons! 

Some of my eggs hatched, so that I was able to get new eggs for matching pairs.

I hope these breeds become a little less common overtime... right now all you see on refreshes (especially in Volcano/Alpine/Jungle) are three eggs of the new breeds and that's it. A little bit frustrating, honestly.

Edited by Whirlaway

8 hours ago, Pryanka said:

When I asked if it was addressed, any form of an answer would be appreciated, including yours. 

I still fully stand by my suggestions, because even if the way it's originally written may be grammatically correct, it certainly doesn't flow.

If something is in the mist, it's still going to be glaring through a mist, not really from that mist. I understand its semantics, but I do think that you shouldn't completely shut down constructive criticism.

Mists of Avalon is not something I'm familiar with, or how the word mist/mists is used....so I can't comment one way or another there without doing more research.

Something that is "malevolent-seeming" is still better written as "seemingly malevolent"

The artist has already addressed it, but it feels rude not to respond, so:

I was not shutting down constructive criticism - I was simply disagreeing with you. 'Better' can be entirely subjective once obvious issues are out of the way, and one person's fix will make another person squint and want to fix it back. No worries, eh?

I also wanna point out for people who haven't seen the movies the metal "Orb" that the Power Stone is kept in (the highlights on the dragon TOTALLY look like Orb bits)

image.png.aeb4b8e4267b01e9ab584af0d4bcdaa7.png

The necklace 'The Eye of Agamotto" the Time Stone is in

image.png.61d2bb13eb4b19331dc5812a424a5746.png

And the Aether held in like....a big black pillar, kinda. I think it totally looks like the black down the middle of the dragon, then the wings? I dont know, Im vague on references/pics on that one because you know....Thor 2. Amiright?

image.png.016d1fda08831848712c46bc8c2babea.png

Edited by bloodyneptune

On 5/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, Starbit said:

TJ MAKE IT HAPPEN

BEST PAIRING.png

On 5/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, Stromboli said:

Kovos/Chicken Hybrid:

maxresdefault.jpg

This is made me lol too hard.

Extra Spicy Chicken Nuggets with a side of Mana Corruption.

XD

Also for everyone who missed it, Infinity Dragon info {Spoilered because long}:

Spoiler
On 5/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, Fiona said:

I'm not going to make an actual trivia post for Kovos pygmies as the information is in the encyclopedia. (Yes, I'm mean and will make you work for it.)

I will say that a large part of the inspiration came from the aether and how it swirls around a person and then just schlerps in. I wanted a lindwyrm because of their snakey type body, but with wings. I love Skywolf's sketch. I didn't give her a lot of description to start with and she captured my vision perfectly.

Their mists are formed from death mana and dark mana, in somewhat different forms. Those mists are part of them, essentially, not just drawn to them. They're slightly lethal with prolonged contact. Maybe you'll want to avoid direct contact.

Also, they hate you, but think you probably might taste good. If you aren't careful around them they'll probably kill you just to find out. So beware.

23 hours ago, Fiona said:

Slightly lethal as in, kill you slowly. As opposed to the pygmies themselves, who just grab you with their claws and rip your face off.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, hazeh said:

That's actually not her belly. The Geminae have rather robust rib cages 😁 She is 3/4 view, with heads turned inwards. 

This was her original sketch:20190510_153520.thumb.jpg.2c01eb4cd060cf0d0c2173ea082d480b.jpg

Geminae are bipedal, so they need that big booty to help balance while walking. 

:D I personally adore my bootylicious babies, but I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea. 

I'm glad everyone likes the Vremya drakes though!! 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:12 AM, TCA said:
On 5/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, olympe said:

Why, just why does the Aeria Gloris' description state they have 7 sets of small wings if the sprite clearly shows at least 11 (without counting the first set, which is *not* small)? Plus, there should be 1-2 extra sets hidden behind the chest. Anyway, something doesn't match up here. I still love the sprites, though. :wub:

There are 14 wings and 12 fins.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, SkyWolf25 said:

LJLOQX6.png

Here's a portrait of the Lihnseyre. :D I'm glad I was able to finish it in time. Feel free to use it for your avatar or sig. Full size.

Also, info dump time! Here's some stuff about them.

-'Lihn' comes from linh/lin/ling, which means 'soul' in some Asian countries. 'Seyre' is 'seer' scrambled and modified, and is pronounced similarly to 'sayer'. 

-Quite large. This can be changed if the average size range of DC dragons change, but currently I'm imagining the length of the body (the tail excluded) is comparable to blue whales, possibly longer.

-Can feel the souls of creatures surrounding them, letting them know of the creatures' locations, general emotions, species, and elements(elemental affinity for animals with inherent magic, preferred element for human mages). Signals from nearby creatures are the strongest, and gradually fades with distance.

-Move within a set(albeit very wide) area, but don't feel particular ownership over it; don't mind areas overlapping with others or other breeds living in it. The exception to this are Cassares; their magic-nullifying ability interferes with soul-feeling and causes them distress, as it's akin to losing sight or hearing. They will try to warn them off, or even bodily remove them to a far off place if that doesn't work.

-As mentioned in the description, if they 'see' a distressed or angry soul they may send soothing energy, and sometimes may invigorate weakened, withering souls. However, this is more because they like it when souls are peaceful and beautiful rather than acting out of inherent goodwill. (It's similar to taking a look at your glass marble collection and cleaning ones that are dirty.) It's not impossible for kinder Lihnseyres to help because they want to, but it depends on the individual and is not that common.

-They're more muscular than one might expect, though more wiry than bulky.

-They hate zombies with a passion because of how unstable and unnatural their souls feel and will cut their soul tethers(i.e. kill them for good) whenever they encounter one. However, this won't do on a scroll. 😜

-Females lay a single egg and parents take turns carrying it around, as they don't keep a nest. The hatchling is also carried and raised together.

-They have a reverberant roar and rumbling growl, emphasized by their size. They prefer telepathy for communication, but can rumble to show their displeasure. They sometimes let out a much softer, crooning rumble when they are pleased.

-If they're particularly interested in a certain thing, the tips of their tendrils get angled towards it. If you are touched by the tendrils it means you are in their favor. If they are very angry, the tendrils get angled diagonally back like face frills and ripple intensely. Touching the tendrils without permission is considered rude.

-They like draping/coiling themselves around something when they settle down to sleep, namely ancient trees and large rock pillars.

There will be more info in the encyclopedia, but do feel free to ask me stuff about these guys 'u'
I really appreciate all of the people who have expressed their love for my first dragon. ;v; I am also grateful to the spriters who helped make it happen.

Bonus: Here's the sketch I did for the Kovos pygmy.
ZIKV0fX.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 7:26 AM, Corteo said:

The pygmy has the stones on the neck, it’s just super hard to sprite stones at pygmy scale. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, Corteo said:

qm4QAnm.png

Enjoy a Vremya bust, feel free to use it in sigs or avatars if you want.

Edited by Shokomon
Updated Skywolf's quote

6 hours ago, john_jones said:

But As a native speaker (russian)  I like Vremya Drakes. Vremya means Time in Russian, so Time Drakes. As Green as the Time Stone.

giphy.gif

So glad you guys like the release!

Anyone else think that an Aeria Gloris x Antarean hybrid would be cool, considering that both their descriptions mention being believed to be otherworldly to some degree? (srry if that sounded too confusing)

1 hour ago, bloodyneptune said:

@SkyWolf25 Does any of the Lihnseyre's design take inspiration from Heimdall?

It doesn't, but I did realize after writing the adult description that their soul-sensing ability was vaguely similar to Heimdall's ability to see every living creature in the nine realms. The design was me going 'wah, the soul stone doesn't have containers or second forms to reference. let's try putting irrelevant cool-looking stuff instead and see where it goes'. xD The one you're seeing is the third version.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Also for everyone who missed it, Infinity Dragon info {Spoilered because long}:

Reveal hidden contents

Could you requote my original info post again? The one you have there is the old version with the wrong image link, which I fixed later on.

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It doesn't, but I did realize after writing the adult description that their soul-sensing ability was vaguely similar to Heimdall's ability to see every living creature in the nine realms. The design was me going 'wah, the soul stone doesn't have containers or second forms to reference. let's try putting irrelevant cool-looking stuff instead and see where it goes'. xD The one you're seeing is the third version.

I wondered if you took any of the other colors off the planet it was found on cause yeah, theres very little to go on with that one xD And everyone did think the stone was going to end up with Heimdall anyways, because of the sight thing. It turned out GREAT, btw, for being the one with the least references to pull from. Am I right at all about the black front of the Kovos being a reference to the pillar Evil Elf keeps it in, or the thing they gave it to the Collector in? (you gotta understand, I L O V E you guys for these, my good god theres Infinity Dragons. So im super dhgiudshaf excited about the inspirations)

5 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

I hope these breeds become a little less common overtime... right now all you see on refreshes (especially in Volcano/Alpine/Jungle) are three eggs of the new breeds and that's it. A little bit frustrating, honestly.

I don't really mind as this gives those who missed the event the chance to catch up to the rest of us. I'm actually relieved they're not annoyingly rare, as I need a bunch more to reach my scroll goal. Hoarding for the win! XD But I'm sure they'll become less common soon as the cave gets back to normal. :)