TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

Ha Ha, whoever put my eggs in NG, jokes on you. I check every day, caught that early, and they are hatching fine. Nyah nyah!! 😛😛

I love these new eggs and hatchies! Amazing idea! The descriptions are fantastic.
Can't wait to see the full-grown infinity dragons! 😄

Now I'm just waiting for my first batch of eggs to hatch since they should be hatching soon. And it isn't that long until we get to see the adults either. ^_^

I've been here 10 years; it's crazy thinking how much the cave has changed in that time. I can remember a time when CB Blacks were as rare as CB Golds, trading was done via the AP, everyone could only hold 4 eggs and a fifth bred egg and there was only one cave with three slots. When you weren't allowed to say what eggs hatched into what, and Holly dragons were a distant dream for most of us.

DC has come such a long way, but what makes it so good stays the same; the simplicity, no pay to win, and the beautiful artwork.

15 minutes ago, Starbit said:

I've been here 10 years; it's crazy thinking how much the cave has changed in that time. I can remember a time when CB Blacks were as rare as CB Golds, trading was done via the AP, everyone could only hold 4 eggs and a fifth bred egg and there was only one cave with three slots. When you weren't allowed to say what eggs hatched into what, and Holly dragons were a distant dream for most of us.

Bad memories. XD

It's amazing seeing how long some people have been on here 😍. I haven't known this game for very long but I hope to have the same dedication and love for this game as y'all do. You old timers XD are amazing and I'm so glad that I joined such a strong community of dragon lovers :)

I've been here eight years now ... wow! And I never took a break! Missed not a single event or release and met soem scroll goals I never thought I'd possibly achieve when I first read through the DC wiki.

Happy birthday!!!

I joined March 27 2010 and apart from a few months at the beginning, I've been here ever since. Long may Dragon Cave continue!

I joined July 14, 2008, and I've taken one largish break and one smallish one. Still love the site, and I hope it stays around for a long, long time!

Happy 13th birthday, DC.  Glad I came back in time for it!  Checking on my scroll, looks like my first dragon was in September 2008, so eleven years!  

6 hours ago, ComatosedRoses said:

I dont know if anyone pointed this out @TJ09 but the two headed dragon has a misspelling. It says "your get a headache" instead of "you get a headache" 

Someone has pointed it out approximately every other page since the two-headed dragon got a description of its own.  TJ hasn't done anything yet.  Maybe if we keep pointing it out... :)

3 hours ago, _Dragoness_ said:

I love these new eggs and hatchies! Amazing idea! The descriptions are fantastic.
Can't wait to see the full-grown infinity dragons! 😄

OMG! I was wondering what they seemed familiar. They do resemble the infinity stones! Wow! That's so awesome!

Happy birthday DC!

My first batch of dragons was caught in July 2009, so almost 10 years here.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:38 PM, Pryanka said:

Woke up to see all the pretty hatchies~!

I know the repeat description error has been commented on a few times now, but I actually had a question about our malevolent little pygmy's description.

"It glares at you from a haze of malevolent-seeming mists. "

I do believe that the word should be mist, which is the common plural form of a singular "mist" as well. "Mists" in this case would be like....if the pygmy took ALLLL of its Victoria's Secret body mists and sprayed them all over itself all at once. Additionally, the hatchling would be glaring at us through that haze, not really "from" it.

I would advise the phrasing be "It glares at you through a malevolently misty haze" or "It glares at you through a haze of seemingly malevolent mist".

There is just something off about the way it currently reads IMO. "from a haze of malevolent-seeming mists" just doesn't sound correct and one of the above 2 phrases might work better. Hopefully something for the Spriter & TJ to consider?

Has this been addressed?

TL;DR: The red pygmy's description sounds incorrect as it currently reads.

I believe it should be corrected as follows:

(1) glaring through the mist, not from the mist

(2) it should be mist, not mists

(3) seemingly malevolent or malevolently misty would both be better in terms of grammar and flow than malevolent-seeming

My suggestions to correct the issues would be:

A. It glares at you through a malevolently misty haze

B. It glares at you through a haze of seemingly malevolent mist

I just caught my second batch of Infinities ! :wub: 

Well, I unhid the first 8, one by one, to influence and incubate. Let them hatch. Caught the new ones. And then I hid the 8 hatchies and the 8 eggs, one by one.

If the infinity set summons another dragon, and if that dragons has a BSA, I have a great idea for it:

"SNAP! They are gone..." - Hides all your visible eggs and growing creatures at once.

"SNAP! You brought them back !" - Unhides all your hidden eggs and growing creatures at once.

It might not be 50% of them, but I'd say it's close enough, and boy, would it be convenient during releases. ;)

Will the eggs be available until the end of the month? I'm egg-locked atm. I did pick up a few of the birthday releases, but want to be able to get all of them.

7 minutes ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

Will the eggs be available until the end of the month? I'm egg-locked atm. I did pick up a few of the birthday releases, but want to be able to get all of them.

They're available forever now :D They'll become part of regular drops but they are a permanent addition to the cave. Birthdays aren't considered limited time events like holidays :) 

1 minute ago, hazeh said:

They're available forever now :D They'll become part of regular drops but they are a permanent addition to the cave. Birthdays aren't considered limited time events like holidays :) 

Oh sweet!!! Thank you for letting me know. I came in today to check on my eggs and hatchies and to get them into the ER and loved finding out that DC has a birthday a few days before mine. :) Happy Hatchday, DC!!!

@windchaser_1_2 

The eggs will stay available like any regular breed. So no worries about catching more of them later. 🙂

Edit: ninja'd...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

1 hour ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

If the infinity set summons another dragon, and if that dragons has a BSA, I have a great idea for it:

"SNAP! They are gone..." - Hides all your visible eggs and growing creatures at once.

"SNAP! You brought them back !" - Unhides all your hidden eggs and growing creatures at once.

It might not be 50% of them, but I'd say it's close enough, and boy, would it be convenient during releases. ;)

That would be quite useful when doing DC on my phone. XD

Another ten year person here. April/July 2009.

I'm on my second batch of new eggies. Thank you, TJ and spriters. :D

there, through a series of trading / future trading ious, i now have 3 of each. Ideally i'll get 4 of each eventually, it's useful if you get a refusal but for now this'll be good

Happy Birthday DC!

I've personally never been a huge fan of drakes and pygmys, so I missed out on the pygmys and filled up on the others. I caught one drake before realizing it was a drake, though. Hopefully I can grab the other ones when these ones hatch!

I've been on DC since 2009, before the Cave was split into biomes, but after the Dimorphism fog and the Loss of the Bright Pinks.

Kicked my self several times for missing the opportunity to grab Frills just because I thought they were common. 

Witnessed so many new releases, events, and drama.

So much drama.

I've had so much fun here.

Especially after joining the forum.

May the many threads that I have been that have died rest in peace.

Hopefully, Dragon Cave will have several more years of fun for us all!

On a different note, when the gold/yellow Infinity eggs hatch, you can see the little babies staring out of the egg:

latest?cb=20190521040458 --> r76bzl.jpg

It's cute!

Also, they crack white for reasons...

And for our red Infinity eggs, the miasma gets real thick in the last stage:

latest?cb=20190521040423 --> 2cy447l.jpg

I wonder why.