TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

11 minutes ago, bones17601 said:

Has anyone seen/revealed the alts yet?

I think we'll see them when users' dragons start to grow up too, as they'll also grow on spriters' scrolls. Right now only TJ's are adults!

In any case, that's what I think 🤔

Gorgeous dragons. I love their colours and appreciate they're different from what you'd expect from a Halloween dragon. 

But I'm sorry to say they don't really give me Halloween vibes.

I do look forward to collecting some more next year though.

Ha! I KNEW these ones were called Arcane or Arcana or something like that! :D

But having said that, I... really don't like these ones. They're just a bit too garishly colored. Not the worst things ever of course, but... just kinda meh. I don't hate them or even dislike them, I'm more or less neutral to them.

But thank you to the spriters and TJ for this event. :)

What pretty little witches~ I quite like them, we were due for something different

Yessss, love these!  Both the concept and the art are extremely appealing. Gonna have fun looking at potential breeding matches... something green, probably! 

27 minutes ago, Ollis46 said:

I love these dragons! Gorgeous colours! Can't wait to see the alts!

Wait? Alts?

These are great! I knew the green fire from the hatch sequence will come back at some form or another!

I have now reserve Elphaba Thropp, Brightest Witch of Her Age, Volatile Wildfire, and Wing-GAR-dium Levi-OH-sa as names! :)

2 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Wait? Alts?

The sprinters of holiday dragons usually get an alt as a special gift. ☺️

Really, really gorgeous colours! They are a tad busy for me but everyone likes different things. 😄 I'm also now yearning for a slick, green slime dragon...

4 minutes ago, blah said:

The sprinters of holiday dragons usually get an alt as a special gift. ☺️

Really, really gorgeous colours! They are a tad busy for me but everyone likes different things. 😄 I'm also now yearning for a slick, green slime dragon...

OooH! Yes, of course,t he spriter alts. I was wondering if they meant that there were alts of the lovelies that were available to US.

Mind you they are gorgeous and I am glad I managed to get FIVE of them!

Witch dragons!

They even have witch hats.

You'd all those colors would clash horribly, but it actually looks really nice!

I really like them!

Too bad they don't have anything to do with potatoes though lol.

Speaking of potatoes:

On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 PM, Shokomon said:

Thank you TJ, spriters, and event writers for the wonder event and eggs!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

And also, because I was bored and POTATOES:

1zybypl.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zybypl.jpg

axzqd2.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/axzqd2.jpg

(Forgive my really quicky potatoes.]

*blatant self promotion*

I love, love, love these dragons so much.
I love the bright and vibrant colors as well as their sleek design. I love the largeness and curves of their horns, and I just think they are a wonderful breed of dragon~<3

They, along with omen and despis are the favorites of the Halloween dragons for me.~<3

In my own opinion, Arcanae are really an unique Halloween breed, with their garishly colored bodies and aptitudes for storing mana and using magic, no matter likes or dislikes... ^_^ However, it seems truly hard to find them the right mates with matching colors... :blink:

Thank you to the spriter(s) and TJ, as always! :lol:

Thank you, spriters and TJ! The colours really are something else :lol:. I'll have to get used to them, but I think I might like them in several lineages. The only thing I dislike is the witch's hat-like crest. I don't like it when dragons appear too human (which is why I don't like Celestials, either - the human chin).

13 minutes ago, Lazurite said:

In my own opinion, Arcanae are really an unique Halloween breed, with their garishly colored bodies and aptitudes for storing mana and using magic, no matter likes or dislikes... ^_^ However, it seems truly hard to find them the right mates with matching colors... :blink:

Thank you to the spriter(s) and TJ, as always! :lol:

That's exactly what I was thinking. They're interesting looking, but they're so, so busy. I think they're really only going to look good with monochrome dragons that match part of their body. Like, maybe brimstones, or pyropes. Something that can sort of be the "straight man" to their riot of color. 🙂

5 minutes ago, tjekan said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. They're interesting looking, but they're so, so busy. I think they're really only going to look good with monochrome dragons that match part of their body. Like, maybe brimstones, or pyropes. Something that can sort of be the "straight man" to their riot of color. 🙂

There are some surprisingly good-looking combinations being shown in the Arcana Breeding Plans thread in Site Discussion. I sort of expected them to be hard to pair, but I saw quite a few pairings there that I liked.

I like the design but the description leaves something to be desired.

It's not BAD but it doesn't feel like a Halloween dragon to me, it's just kind of a normal mage-dragon with sort kind of Halloween-y colors. These dragons feel like they could have been released at any time without anyone really noticing that they where intended for Halloween (except for maybe a few commenting on the colors).

Edited by blockEdragon

Wow these are gorgeous! I love them!

I'm surprised to hear anyone say they don't feel like Halloween dragons; to me they are some of the most Halloween-feeling dragons we have.

I'm excited to find them mates for next year. I think I'm going to end up hoarding these guys.

Oh my gosh, they are adorable. XD I just want to pinch them in their 'iddle bright green cheeks. And that tailfloof! And the stripey goodness. I adore that they're so helpful, too.

...now I'm left to wonder what they'd do when you try to pair them with a rawrscaryboohiss Desipis dragon. XD

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! They're witch dragons!!! And they have BROOM TAILS!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! And their hats!!! and just EVERYTHING IS GLORIOUS!!!!!!! 

NEW FAVORITE HALLOWEEN DRAGON PERIOD!!! :wub:

Oh, imma hoard these things next year and many to come!

I'm in love! Gorgeous dragons, love the bright colors and the witch theme too. Thanks for the great Halloween event!

AAAA They have witch hats! I absolutely adore the color palette, been waiting for a purple/orange derg for a while. If people don't like it, that's their opinion.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! So so so happy and excited with those adults!! Wow they are GORGEOUS!! I'm so happy we finally have a bright, not-evil Halloween dragon. I mean Halloween is more then just 'oh, evil/spooky!', these dragons are definitely Halloween-y but not so stereotypical. I love that. 

I'm so so so glad they kept their coloring, especially the yellow underside/wings, I think that gives it an extra 'pop'. The bushy tail looks great, the tail kind of reminds me of the Cheshire Cat... I'm in love with these. Totally in love with these. AWESOME JOB SPRITERS!

Sometimes, I'm actually relieved when the AP drops down to 3d: I no longer have any perceived responsibility to use up my last few pinks on properly influencing checkers, etc. because I can't influence them at all!