TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Late, but...

Really awesome hatching sequence! Cute tricks and treats as well, the chocobo is adorable. Now, back to (not so) patiently waiting for adult sprites and trying to dent the AP wall.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I never get any references - but the Watcher Angel i DID get !

I still think it's ectoplasm. But as an A word and flames - Arson ??? :ph34r:

XD ... Weeping Angel!

I could stare at the hatching eggs for hours.

The only ToT I didn't get the reference of is the crystal globe that shows a person in a coat leaning against a wall smoking. That one has me stumped. 

Edited by Syiren

5 minutes ago, Syiren said:

The only ToT I didn't get the reference of is the crystal globe that shows a person in a coat leaning against a wall smoking. That one has me stumped. 

Maybe it's Constantine? Or someone from Supernatural, I guess.

(...I thought it was someone face melting off for the longest of times.) 

1 minute ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Maybe it's Constantine? Or someone from Supernatural, I guess.

(...I thought it was someone face melting off for the longest of times.) 

8 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Skellybones has said it's a reference to Constantine!

8 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I think I asked about that one earlier but now I can't remember if I actually got a response. I stared at that thing for awhile trying to figure out what it was.

9 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

Skellybones has said it's a reference to Constantine!

Thank you. ^_^

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think I asked about that one earlier but now I can't remember if I actually got a response. I stared at that thing for awhile trying to figure out what it was.

So did I. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was having trouble with it. It was nice to see a good variety this year too. 

Really cool hatching sequence on the new eggs!  But it seems like they need a ton of views to hatch (I have some with over 500 unique views, and they still haven't hatched) :P

That beautiful new dragon reminds me of my chihuahua at play..   it even has his cute little face... but the dragon is a lot more colorful.  Thank you, TheCompleteAnimorph for such a beautiful dragon.

a

This has probably been said elsewhere in the thread but do the new eggs remind anyone else of decorated glazed donuts? I'm thinking of the special Halloween themed ones you see this time of year with shiny purple frosting and black and orange sprinkles and things. At least before they start to hatch!

I was just thinking how we need some "slime green" Halloween eggs to go with all the black, purple, orange, and white, and I guess these sort of fill that role, too!

11 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

This has probably been said elsewhere in the thread but do the new eggs remind anyone else of decorated glazed donuts? I'm thinking of the special Halloween themed ones you see this time of year with shiny purple frosting and black and orange sprinkles and things. At least before they start to hatch!

I was just thinking how we need some "slime green" Halloween eggs to go with all the black, purple, orange, and white, and I guess these sort of fill that role, too!

I didn't think donuts, but I did think cupcakes for much the same reason. At work this week someone brought in a dozen Halloween cupcakes, they had bright green, yellow, purple, red, and even black frosting. The eggs definitely remind me of frosted-something!

1 hour ago, blah said:

Look at the code of what I just caught. 😂 I was going to trade it but now I don't think I can. Aaaaall the spuds.

could that be the start of a new line, such as a Thuwed or a (oh what is the name of that Golden lineage)....

You've got a SPUD! lol

1 hour ago, blah said:

Look at the code of what I just caught. 😂 I was going to trade it but now I don't think I can. Aaaaall the spuds.

Yep I think you're obligated to keep that and name it something referencing a potato.  Nice catch!!

Also... I really need alltheSPUDS to grow up so I can see what these adults look like!  The hatching sequence was gorgeous, I hope the green comes back in the adult!!

6 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

could that be the start of a new line, such as a Thuwed or a (oh what is the name of that Golden lineage)....

You've got a SPUD! lol

That would be awesome! 🤣

11 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

7 hours till they grow up!!

The wait is killing me I want to see the adults but I should not stay up that late

3 hours ago, Syiren said:

I've planned ahead for this. I went and collected and bred many pinks and reds over the two months prior to the holiday breeding seasons. Mostly reds, and I've tossed chunks to the AP for others as well. I still have at least 20 reds and another 20-30 pinks left?

@TCA Don't worry, that's exactly how I took it. ;)

I've had a total of 46 Reds and 35 Pinks that I went and bred purposely a frew years ago and have nevr had problems with not having enough to influence or gender all that I might grab or breed even with the 14-day cool down of a Red.

It will be around 3am my-time when TJ's grow up, I will definitely be in bed..... Perhaps I could sneak on for a second just to see them? I do have internet on my phone now.... Hmm. 

I have 112 Reds and, thanks to constant AP hunting, I have almost run out more then a couple times. Almost, never completely. Pinks aren't as much of an issue since I only Influence to have a sorta-even number when the sprites have dimorphism. 

Man, i'm slacking on the red/pink apartment, I only had 22 of each. Still I'm going to work on fixing that,

Oh, sweet I should be able to see the adult once I wake up tomorrow. :D

(I have done something I never did before, I'm almost out of freezes. And I have a mini army of frozen Shadow Walkers. :lol: )

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Super glad the AP is back up to influenceable times! I found out, very quickly, that 14 Aeons wasn't anywhere near enough for Halloween. There's a year to obtain more before the next guaranteed excessive use of them, hopefully my Aeons play along.

Found some great lineages and saw many more that I liked but ultimately didn't keep. Also managed increase my CB counts up to six each for Desipis and Shadow Walkers, always nice to have a few more CBs to work with. All in all a successful Halloween considering the lack of planning on my behalf. XD

New Halloweens had an awesome hatch sequence and the hatchlings themselves look super interesting. Can't wait for the adults!

55 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Man, i'm slacking on the red/pink apartment, I only had 22 of each. Still I'm going to work on fixing that,

Oh, sweet I should be able to see the adult once I wake up tomorrow. :D

(I have done something I never did before, I'm almost out of freezes. And I have a mini army of frozen Shadow Walkers. :lol: )

I don't even have  that many pinks, I really need to get my pink army up as much as I can in the next year.

The S2 walker is just about my favorite sprite, the s2 graves as well, I'm so going to horde up on those next year but this year I was finishing off my collection.

i have 399 reds, or 400 if i count the frozen hatchie one :D . they have a lot of children, as i often send eggs to the ap. not nearly as many pinks, but it's been years since i ran out of them. 

i'm glad that i don't have to stay up too late to see tj's adults, especially as i stayed up way too late last night, catching and hatching ap eggs. i still have a few aeons left, in case the eggs go below 3 days again.

happily hatchie locked!  didn't snag as many omens as i wanted to but still very happy.  

i came close to running out of pinks and reds....might have to breed a few more as i didn't after the extra eggslot was added.  will also need to breed more aeons...

so far i like the hatchies and i loved the hatching sequence of the new egg!  excellent job TCA!

thanks to all those that worked on the halloween event and the treats.  

Edited by spring_dragon

I'll be at work when the hatchies grow 😫I think I'll still try to sneek a quick look, I' m so impatient!

I think I still haven't congratulated everyone who participated in making this event possible! Thanks to all the spriters and especially congratsbto TCA ^^