TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I bred some Omens on the 31st and I know friends of mine did as well. I'm sure there's more left to find. I'm anxiously waiting for stuff to grow up so I can get back into the AP!

Just now, Lisinnel said:

If the wall hasn't hit the ones from Oct 31 yet, then there should still be a handful or so of Omens on their way.  I think I bred mine towards the end of the event.

I don't think it's quite hit all the 31st eggs yet; all the eggs I bred late on the 31st haven't hit the AP yet, but they should be (hopefully) hitting in two hours). So there may be more Omens on the way!

Just want to say thank you again for the fun and Dragons that i got this Halloween...

i just saw an omen fly past, as i was idly clicking the ap, while waiting for my hatchies to grow up. i hate being scroll locked. i wantz more witchlights, moar!

What's with all the messy Omen!Altkin? Are they destined for deadlining, intended for freezing, a troll on people who are looking for G2s...? (Not intended critically - just honestly curious. There seem to be a lot of them from what I'm seeing in the trades and the AP.) 

The wall has officially hit the 31st, BTW - saw an Arcana go by. (I can't grab anything right now but I'm stalking it anyway ROFL because I am obsessed)

Edited by Lurhstaap

4 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

What's with all the messy Omen!Altkin? Are they destined for deadlining, intended for freezing, a troll on people who are looking for G2s...? (Not intended critically - just honestly curious. There seem to be a lot of them from what I'm seeing in the trades and the AP.) 

The wall has officially hit the 31st, BTW - saw an Arcana go by. (I can't grab anything right now but I'm stalking it anyway ROFL because I am obsessed)

Hellmo.gif

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Hellmo.gif

trolololoolol i see

now I'm WAY MORE IMPATIENT to unlock. Must get one of the trolololbabs

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Hellmo.gif

I can't believe you have betrayed us like this Process! I'm sure it'll make some people very happy though. I've kept one of the messys cause I actually liked it.

Speaking of alts though, are there only going to be adult alts for the arcana I wonder? Been watching TCAs scroll and none have alted...

Edited by Tinibree

I just saw one of the messies and... oh god. It hurts to look at it 😂

I had stuff grow up but then I locked myself up again... whoops!

Edited by Arkee

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Speaking of alts though, are there only going to be adult alts for the arcana I wonder? Been watching TCAs scroll and none have alted...

I froze two (one at s1, one at s2) so that I'll get hatchie alts, but none of them are going to alt while they can still potentially be transferred.

OH! Its because people called them busy/messy last year isn't it? lmao

Edit: Ohhhh I had no idea it worked like that TCA, excited to see them though :D I'll stop watching then.

Edited by Tinibree

1 minute ago, birdzgoboom said:

frustrated.gif

I mean I traded for it and i'm happily keeping it, I just XD

Sad to see the Omen Alt messies, it’s like people who bite CB Golds just to rub it in people’s noses. Yes it’s just a game, but I don’t see the enjoyment over denying others their fun as a form of entertainment. I think my brothers play some goofy video games but just because I own the systems they play them on doesn’t mean I’m going to hide the console for a few days or something to remind them “haha it’s just a dumb game, get over it!”

Not the end of the world in either case, but I prefer sharing.

Yunno, some of us are *very* thankful for those messy Omen altkin!! Just because some people don't like messies doesn't mean those lines are worthless, or shouldn't be bred, or whatever. Some people don't like messies, but some people do. Everyone likes something different, and there is no reason to expect any spriters to cater to specific types of players. Everyone should be free to breed however they want, and hopefully know that their babies are loved regardless.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Well there are nice omen alt lines out there, I've gotten a couple over the past year. And in this case, it means people who don't care about the lineage just the alt, will be more likely to get them than others, as well as newer people since people will just be dumping them back, especially the ones you can't see the alt at the top for hehe.

I'm enjoying the names I see though lol

Same idea at the same time Heathermarie *high five* I don't mind messy to a certain point personally.

Edited by Tinibree

@HeatherMarie oh you be quiet, traitor! XD

I know everyone has different tastes, but messies are so much easier to make then structured things that they haven’t held my interest in a long time. I’d have left DC ages ago without the lure of carefully made high gen checkers. A lot of older players seem to share the view (so many messy Halloweens in the AP this year I’d catch over and over again because others were also throwing them back... in a group of 80+!) so it’s hard not to feel that the messy Alts aren’t a waste... but I’m glad you crazies like them. ;) :P 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I know everyone has different tastes, but messies are so much easier to make then structured things that they haven’t held my interest in a long time. I’d have left DC ages ago without the lure of carefully made high gen checkers. A lot of older players seem to share the view, so it’s hard not to feel that the messy Alts aren’t a waste... but I’m glad you crazies like them. ;) :P 

saltbae.png

Thanks for the fun you guys, I've been really down today and this is making me laugh! 

I caught three of the messies, which means I can ditch the 2nd-gens I picked up in a desperate attempt to reach my goal before the wall broke. I now have my scroll-goals of *all* Halloween breeds except this new one. 

I normally only collect nice lineaged dragons or make carefully crafted checkers. But there is something really fun and just silly and enjoyable about this chaos, and a lot of people seem to be having fun with it. Its something different and refreshing. No need to rain on anyone else's parade just because they aren't your cup of tea. Besides, there are some legit REALLY nice ones mixed in. Like the 2nd gen double spriter alts from Aegis x Omen that got away from me. XD

Its all in good fun.

17 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Sad to see the Omen Alt messies, it’s like people who bite CB Golds just to rub it in people’s noses. Yes it’s just a game, but I don’t see the enjoyment over denying others their fun as a form of entertainment. I think my brothers play some goofy video games but just because I own the systems they play them on doesn’t mean I’m going to hide the console for a few days or something to remind them “haha it’s just a dumb game, get over it!”

Not the end of the world in either case, but I prefer sharing.

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I know everyone has different tastes, but messies are so much easier to make then structured things that they haven’t held my interest in a long time. I’d have left DC ages ago without the lure of carefully made high gen checkers. A lot of older players seem to share the view, so it’s hard not to feel that the messy Alts aren’t a waste... but I’m glad you crazies like them. ;) :P 

I mean. I remember when I was a newbie, and I wanted an alt offspring and could never get one because I didn't have anything good enough (read: "good enough") to trade for one. Which sucked. Didn't even care if it was a 2G or not.

Now I've got some alts, so might as well spread some alt love to people that might not be able to trade pretty shinies for low-gen altkin. That way, more people can have some dragons right from spriter alts without having to worry about trading or feeling like it's hopeless to get one. 😉

Also. It was a fun lul. Lighten up, this is the most fun I've seen people have AP hunting in ages. 🙂 It's nothin personnel, kid.

unknown.png

I'm sad that I missing catching a 2G alt Ageis x Omen egg, but hey!  I am amused and I am keeping a couple of the "messies" 😛