TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Have I said, yet, how much I love these adults!?! Spriters, this is just amazing work! So many colors, and yet not at all garish!

Over all this has been a great Halloween on Dragon Cave! My only regret is that I couldn't extend some of my lineages -- but that is my own fault because I neglected to breed the non-holiday mates that I needed! Oh, and of course the lack of Omens in the AP! And the ones that did appear were gone in a flash!

Edited by purplehaze

Oh, pretty dragons!  I am tempted to breed with autumns, exp the male autumn x female arcana.  The color combination is a favorite of mine. Congrats TCA and NiramiTheRaven

I am torn - I like the sprites on their own, they look great. But I'm all about lineages, and after browsing through the "Arcana Breeding Plans" thread my eyes are burning...

I think these guys just jumped to one of my top 3 favorite Halloween breeds. Gorgeous, gorgeous artwork! Thanks TCA and Nirami for these lovelies!

Edited by lanette

These dragons are gorgeous! The colours are extraordinary, really love how well they are done :wub: 

Thank you, spriter, TJ09 and everyone who contributed for this amazing event!

The adults are spellbinding - literally. I cannot overstate my adoration for those sprites and the breed in general. I love Halloween dragons in general, so it's very hard to overturn my favorites hierarchy, but I think the Arcana have done it. They're just so freaking perfect. The colors and patterns, the rendering of the sprite, the whole "magical trickster" concept... I am absolutely positively in love. I need a huge collection of caveborns to name after each of the Major Arcana in Tarot and all the G2s I breed will be named after the Minor Arcana in some way. I have already planned this. I will be hunting CB Arcana in the Halloween biome SO HARD next year (and I'm already angling to try to trade for as many as I can get this year!) 

The only "problem" is that I collected too many code Arcana. So I don't want to name them. XD So I need EVEN MORE CB ARCANA to make up for the abundance of code Arcana I have now. 

Worth it though. I got some pretty neat codes! Like af4ng, and vvows, and REMHX. I am so bummed about the last one - it's one letter off from REMIX. If only that H were an I! But I'm training myself to read it as a stylized sideways I rather than an H. LOL

oooh, the adults are lovely! (and of course i just had to decide to give them umineko names when my only females are the ones I influenced female...)

Well these just became one of my favorite breeds; all the COLORS. How did the spriters DO that?

I'm still bummed I missed 3 treats this year, but these beautiful dragons make up for it!

I think these are my new favorite Halloween dragons??? I just can’t stop looking at them! The colors are beautiful and I’m just so ecstatic to know I was kind of right!! I knew it looked like spooky fire lol. Now I just want to cry in the corner because I want them FOR REAL they’re so amazing!!

Oh.... my.... GOSH!

This is the awesomness of awesomness. Really. I'm a bit sad because I can't call the Pumpkins my favorite Halloweens any more. I love bright colours. I love these dragons. Were it not for the Garlands, these might well become my favorite Dragons of all. Thank you, spriters, for such outstanding dragons!

1 hour ago, Guillotine said:

oooh, the adults are lovely! (and of course i just had to decide to give them umineko names when my only females are the ones I influenced female...)

2d8c633076f660ab0a87e3ca241efd49.jpg

Hahahaha.

Fantastic!  Creative, and a nice different look from other Halloweens.  I like how it captures the "trick-or-treat" aspect, as well as looking vaguely reminiscent of clowns/carnivals, typical costumes.  And the art is AMAZING!!!  I'm super impressed!  😄

2 hours ago, natli said:

I am torn - I like the sprites on their own, they look great. But I'm all about lineages, and after browsing through the "Arcana Breeding Plans" thread my eyes are burning...

I'm thinking that they will need to be bred with neutral colors for the most part (black and white etc.).

Also, anyone else notice that they are full of Mardi Gras colors (minus the red, of course)?

Edited by tiny_gremlin

2 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

The adults are spellbinding - literally. I cannot overstate my adoration for those sprites and the breed in general. I love Halloween dragons in general, so it's very hard to overturn my favorites hierarchy, but I think the Arcana have done it. They're just so freaking perfect. The colors and patterns, the rendering of the sprite, the whole "magical trickster" concept... I am absolutely positively in love. I need a huge collection of caveborns to name after each of the Major Arcana in Tarot and all the G2s I breed will be named after the Minor Arcana in some way. I have already planned this. I will be hunting CB Arcana in the Halloween biome SO HARD next year (and I'm already angling to try to trade for as many as I can get this year!) 

The only "problem" is that I collected too many code Arcana. So I don't want to name them. XD So I need EVEN MORE CB ARCANA to make up for the abundance of code Arcana I have now. 

Worth it though. I got some pretty neat codes! Like af4ng, and vvows, and REMHX. I am so bummed about the last one - it's one letter off from REMIX. If only that H were an I! But I'm training myself to read it as a stylized sideways I rather than an H. LOL

I got a Pug Arcana code!!