TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

I breed lineages constantly too - I do collect, but lineages are my biggest THING. And there is the small matter of nebbies in a lot of them. Even so - sure, we have to wait. It really won't hurt us. I also have high scroll goals - technically I need 8 of each colour of these. YEAH RIGHT !

But It is a part of the game. A new wrinkle, but still. And I honestly thing it is GOOD for ALL of us to have to have a bit of patience. We don't NEED to get t that 8th gen today. WE can wait for that too.

Not sure why you are quoting me as though I am saying it is bad in and of itself? I was just explaining why some people find it so annoying, as there were others who were saying they don't understand why it is a deal at all.

@angelicdragonpuppy no, I didn't, but right now I'll try getting another batch of sick eggs and Ward one at 4 days, one at 3 days, one at 2 days and one at 1 days left.

Psst, viewbombers, my scroll is Pluviophillia, please pay a visit :)

5 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

I thought the +1 day feature has been removed since 2010.

You probably wanted to write 2016.

But if the dragon was designed two years ago, this could have been the plan.  Anyway, I hope that this requirement of going via the AP is just a joke and not a requirement for getting these purple dragons.

1 hour ago, Predat0rs said:

image.png.a298af13942ed7f847b5236132962d70.png
Well, it's not really a notification, but New Release threads always appear in the "Recent News" side column on the main site. I always keep an eye on it, just in case. Even for minor updates. xD

To be fair, when I type "dragcave" in the address bar, my browser autofills it to the dragcave.net/dragons page (since that's the one I'm on most frequently), so that's where I always end up first.  And if I'm working on lineage projects and not hunting, I may not have a reason to visit the home page for weeks at a time.  I have missed out on a few releases as a result.

Anyway, as someone who tends to influence things just before I toss my eggs into the ER, it will be a pain trying to remember to influence purples before their time gets too low.  :P 

1 minute ago, Cielmuir said:

To be fair, when I type "dragcave" in the address bar, my browser autofills it to the dragcave.net/dragons page (since that's the one I'm on most frequently), so that's where I always end up first.  And if I'm working on lineage projects and not hunting, I may not have a reason to visit the home page for weeks at a time.  I have missed out on a few releases as a result.

Anyway, as someone who tends to influence things just before I toss my eggs into the ER, it will be a pain trying to remember to influence purples before their time gets too low.  :P 

doesn't influence leave the egg if it leaves your scroll? o.0 that's what i always though at least

@Fuzzbucket you gotta remember though that a lot of us work. Time off is precious. Forcing us to “be patient” by essentially not playing for 4+ days is kicking someone who’s already down. DC is already a much slower paced game than most, with a lot of patience put into it. At the same time, extra slots and incubate were added because TJ correctly realized things are more interesting when they speed up.

I’m not asking for laughs-a-minute here, but DC asks a lot of patience to play already, without doubling or even tripling the time needed to hatch an egg. Again; if I have to choose between a Purple glowy line, or making three other equally pretty lines in that same amount of time... pretty obvious choice to be made.

Not the end of the world, no, but also not a mechanic that makes people excited to use them.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Fuzzbucket you gotta remember though that a lot of us work. Time off is precious. Forcing us to “be patient” by essentially not playing for 4+ days is kicking someone who’s already down. DC is already a much slower paced game than most, with a lot of patience put into it. At the same time, extra slots and incubate were added because TJ correctly realized things are more interesting when they speed up.

I’m not asking for laughs-a-minute here, but DC asks a lot of patience to play already, without doubling or even tripling the time needed to hatch an egg. Again; if I have to choose between a Purple glowy line, or making three other equally pretty lines in that same amount of time... pretty obvious choice to be made.

Not the end of the world, no, but also not a mechanic that makes people excited to use them.

at least if this is how purples work, then Team Green (and their friends Team Blue) should win the revolution easily =P 

4 hours ago, Gluria said:

To everyone stating they aren't going to have blues/purples should they have to wait 3+ days to wait for the eggs to hatch: What exactly is it you are playing the game for? For scroll completion? Or catching as many dragons as fast as possible, no matter what? Serious question because I honestly don't get it.

What's wrong with having two eggslots at a time taken up for 5 days in order to get what you need? It's so much easier (and faster) to do this than to catch other alt breeds and hatching and abandoning hatchies of the wrong colour.

I'm quite at a loss here. Maybe I'll meet my scroll goals for Siyats in spring 2019. So what? It's not a competition.

(I know this was a few pages back, catching up on this thread...) I primarily play because it's fun, and relatively simple. I have scroll-goals, goals that I will probably never meet with certain breeds (can literally can't meet with GoNs...). This issue for me is how limiting a time mechanic like this is. We have *very* limited eggslots in the first place, even at the highest trophy you can only have 8 eggs at a time, so that's already rather limiting in terms of collecting everything you want to collect (and breeding for lineages if you are into that). I almost always Incubate every egg I get, because I want that slot open again asap. I also often hunt the AP for the same reason, it takes less time to hatch an AP egg because they are generally lower-timed. So the idea of waiting five or even *six* full days for one single egg to hatch, when the vast majority of my eggs hatch within one or two days.... That's frustrating. That feels like 'dang is it even worth it?'. Because in that time I could be hatching three or more other breeds that I still need for my scroll goals. Would I rather have those 3+ other-breed eggs, or one single Siyat egg? It's not really about reaching goals *faster*, to me, it's just that I can *do* so much more with the game and with my scroll when I'm not waiting 5-6 days for one single egg. The game is a lot more fun when I'm actually moving forward, when things are happening. It's not fun to just sit there and wait forever for an egg to hatch.

(Regarding comparing these to Nebulas and Gemshards, it's definitely true that these are a lot easier in that we actually have control over the colors and don't have to wait until they hatch to know if it will be a color we want.... But I haven't yet met my goals for *any* Nebula or Gemshard colors, so I guess the wait on those doesn't really bother me yet because I need them all. Also, this frustration is not saying I won't be waiting to hatch purples, because I'm stubborn and my goals are high, but yeah it is frustrating.)

11 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

This. For people who work very long hours (EMTs, nurses, etc.), it might be nigh impossible to get the purples if they are to be less than a day old. Some people literally work 24 hour shifts (my husband was a paramedic prior and used to work 24 on, 48 off, with that second day shot entirely by sleeping and getting things done at home, certainly no time for playing games). The entire window that the eggs need to hatch in might be when the person is working. Or they may be kids who have limited internet time, making planning this timing extremely difficult, etc. I, personally, can handle it for the purples. I am going to do what some others suggested and either just trade for them or use a single egg slot, but I do feel some sympathy for those who do work these kind of hours and won't be able to get their scroll goals finished because of the mechanics. It does not harm me in any way to have some empathy for people. :)

Edited by Ribombee

*theory only!*

Has anyone earthquaked an egg? Maybe they need to hatch sooner than 5 days to be purple? 

that would make them rare to me because I always have something I don’t want to lose so I think I used earthquake just once or twice in my entire dc career.^^

Ok even if chances are high I only get THE eyebrow... I don't really see an issue with the mechanic ^^

I surely won't be able to fullfil my scroll goal quickly with blues and purples as I really want to keep working on my lineages. But letting grow 2 or 4 of them at the same time, I still have 4 more slots for my projects :) We all started out with 4 anyways, so back too the roots xD

Thank you for the new release! It's a tricky mechanic WITHOUT being a real collector pain, as the CB Prize raffle fails are 😜

*hugs to everyone*

wouldn't it have been simpler if  the colours changed as they do for the lunar heralds ?

2 minutes ago, Chaegyung said:

*theory only!*

Has anyone earthquaked an egg? Maybe they need to hatch sooner than 5 days to be purple? 

that would make them rare to me because I always have something I don’t want to lose so I think I used earthquake just once or twice in my entire dc career.^^

I could try because everything I have can be replaced. Just need some views for my eggs

Hello, just got here. Nothing found on the purples, I'm assuming? 😧

I know I've said this before, but I really don't think that it's BSA-related. It was said a long time ago (as I've also mentioned before) that "once you find out two of them, the third one is easy." With that in mind, I can't imagine the purple's method having a twist. It seems too random to just suddenly throw in, "so the green and blue dragons are obtained via time and the purples too BUT for the PURPLES you ALSO need to _______." I think patience is ultimately where we're at, I just don't know for how long. The lowest time I have on my eggs are 5d1hr, meaning I won't be losing these until next week, meaning my egg slots are doomed until next week. :( I feel like I'm going to be behind on maxing out shards for the week next week at this rate, considering I pick up a lot of AP eggs and hatch them to build up on shards.

1 minute ago, Chaegyung said:

*theory only!*

I wouldn't blame people if nobody has earthquaked them because of how risky it is. I for one have never used earthquake because I don't want to take the chances. Not to mention, my already-hatched new releases are still growing up. Quite honestly, I'm not interest in taking my chances. Besides, earthquaking to get purples seems so brutal because of the risks you take. Just to get purples? I don't know about that.

all these trades in the trading section for purple hatchies xD but no one knows how to get them

and honestly, i highly doubt a purple will trade 1:1 or even 2:1 for the other color siyats with how much work it takes to get them. 

Ok just trying to keep things straight following this thread, has 2 days unincubated left been eliminated as a possibility to get purples?  Or has nobody had eggs that are at 2 days or less yet?

trying to catch up ... we still haven't seen any purple siyat, correct?

@49ER I got nothing.  hatched all of mine ASAP as usually.  :P

Edited by teresadurfin

13 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

Not sure why you are quoting me as though I am saying it is bad in and of itself? I was just explaining why some people find it so annoying, as there were others who were saying they don't understand why it is a deal at all.

Because I agree with you, basically.

10 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I know. But people who work etc - now that we (think we) know how it works can pick up an egg at a time where they know they will be around to do the necessary. Just like I can't do kyself at the moment, as I am about to be away and shall just have to pray for a coffee shop somewhere at the right moment ! Now THAT'S a PIA :lol:

And no-one has to tie their whole scroll up with them, either. Remember when you only had 4, then 5, then 6 adn so on slots ? The game was still fun.

2 minutes ago, Belisar said:

Ok even if chances are high I only get THE eyebrow... I don't really see an issue with the mechanic ^^

I surely won't be able to fullfil my scroll goal quickly with blues and purples as I really want to keep working on my lineages. But letting grow 2 or 4 of them at the same time, I still have 4 more slots for my projects :) We all started out with 4 anyways, so back too the roots xD

Thank you for the new release! It's a tricky mechanic WITHOUT being a real collector pain, as the CB Prize raffle fails are 😜

*hugs to everyone*

Exactly this. Everyone complaining about 8 slots not being enough clearly forgot where they started and what newer players go through. 

there's a reason we worked hard to get to Platinum trophy =P and it wasn't so that our trophy could be 'demoted' for weeks at a time if we wanted to breed a specific dragon color

as i said though, i'm fine if people love this mechanic. I don't mind the way greens and blues are gotten, but purple appears to take way too long. So i'll only be using CB purples in lineages. That way, when i have my purple scroll goals, i'm done with them. They're just for starting lineages

Edited by Sirithiliel

14 minutes ago, Bugzilla said:

You probably wanted to write 2016.

But if the dragon was designed two years ago, this could have been the plan.  Anyway, I hope that this requirement of going via the AP is just a joke and not a requirement for getting these purple dragons.

Typo or not, my point still stands that this "requirement" is for a mechanic that doesn't exist any longer and thus it shouldn't exist.

Qualm down, everyone.

You are aware, that this is still only a game, are you? It is not like anyone is forcing you to play it.... 🤗

1 minute ago, Drag said:

Qualm down, everyone.

You are aware, that this is still only a game, are you? It is not like anyone is forcing you to play it.... 🤗

why tell us to calm down? Are we raging, insulting each other, fighting, flying off the handle? =.=

as far as i'm aware, we have all been discussing peacefully, civilly, and working out how to get purples all at teh same time

if we offend you to the point you think this conversation requires 'calming down', you might want to avoid 100% of the rest of the internet xD this is a civil discussion and requires no 'calming down'

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Because I agree with you, basically.

I know. But people who work etc - now that we (think we) know how it works can pick up an egg at a time where they know they will be around to do the necessary. Just like I can't do kyself at the moment, as I am about to be away and shall just have to pray for a coffee shop somewhere at the right moment ! Now THAT'S a PIA :lol:

And no-one has to tie their whole scroll up with them, either. Remember when you only had 4, then 5, then 6 adn so on slots ? The game was still fun.

Ah, I misunderstood then. However, not everyone can pick up an egg when they know when they will be around. It is less crucial for the blues, as there is more of a time window (a person could hypothetically grab an egg, not incubate it, and put it in a lower traffic hatchery like Sherwood to fairly easily get the blues), but if the purples are under a day or even under 2 days unincubated, that could be rather problematic for some occupations. Medical professionals often work very long hours and can be on call, so their schedules can be wildly unpredictable. Their egg is as likely to die as it is to become purple. While it is true that the same can be said of neglecteds, I can see why it would make people upset to be in a similar situation (many people also do not have neglecteds because they don't have the time/scroll space/whatever to experiment). It's easy enough for me to get the purples because I am good at catching trade fodder AND am on a pretty open schedule, but for others it may not be. :)

I just wanted to say, that waiting two days longer for an egg to hatch isn't going to ruin anyones live. 😊

I don't see what there is to discuss about it for days and days. 

Sorry, when I offended you