TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

3 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Even the green ones can be tradeable.  There are a lot of users that don't have/use incubates, so the greens would have value to some as well

I agree. And because a lot of people will be interested in tri-color lineages I think all the colors will have good value and that even the breds will have a good value because players can skip the extra time they would have had to use to get certain color combo bases by trading instead.

17 minutes ago, Merlot said:

I had a non incubated 3day15hr egg hatch Green !

Oh my gosh, say it ain't so! :o Have you checked the action log? Just in case you might've incubated it? What was the day on it (the catch day)?

i'm waiting until under 1 day for my fogged egg...so tomorrow afternoon...and it it's blue then i officially have no idea what to do lol!

2 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

Oh my gosh, say it ain't so! :o Have you checked the action log? Just in case you might've incubated it? What was the day on it (the catch day)?

I just checked that person's scroll..the egg was caught on the 31st, so I am thinking it had to be incubated.

I am completely confused. How do you STOP an egg from hatching? Does using the hide feature stop an egg from hatching? I thought it just stopped the egg from receiving views. HALP, LOL

If the colors really do count on waiting until eggs are extremely low-time, that's a dangerous game to ask us to play. If you forget to unfog and hatch eggs under a day because you're waiting for purple, you've killed eggs - which most of us don't like doing in general, let alone taking into account all the wasted time sitting on eggs. I'm thinking we have the mechanic wrong.

Just now, saltywench said:

I am completely confused. How do you STOP an egg from hatching? Does using the hide feature stop an egg from hatching? I thought it just stopped the egg from receiving views. HALP, LOL

An egg cannot hatch while it is fogged (hidden).  As such, it could have all the views needed, and then you can unfog it when you are ready for it to hatch.

In the same way, a hatchling cannot grow up when it is fogged.

1 minute ago, saltywench said:

Fogging will stop an egg from hatching til you unfog it

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

just checked that person's scroll..the egg was caught on the 31st, so I am thinking it had to be incubated.

Yep sorry everyone I  checked my action log and I messed up and incubated it

Thank you so much for answering. That piece of information isn't included under the help section on hiding eggs. MWAH!

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I'm probably a million percent off with this, but instead of us having to go down to almost losing our dragons on the last day, what if the twist is we have to have adults on our scrolls before we get purples?

Now that'll soon bring the purples out - there's no way I'm right!

I'm still wondering...

Just now, saltywench said:

Thank you so much for answering. That piece of information isn't included under the help section on hiding eggs. MWAH!

Hm, now that I would consider an oversight.  I'll see if I can get that added!  :)

I am thinking we won't have any eggs down to 2 days until another 10 hours from now.  So it is possible we might see some purples then.

3 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Okay, phew! Thanks for double-checking!

4 minutes ago, Merlot said:

*slaps @Merlot with a smelly tuna* 😆

I've an egg at 2d 23hrs. If I unfog now and get it hatched out will it be purple? Or does it need to go lower still?  

2 minutes ago, 49ER said:

I am thinking we won't have any eggs down to 2 days until another 10 hours from now.  So it is possible we might see some purples then.

I've got 2 eggs with 2 days and 12 hours left

1 minute ago, jocosa said:

I've an egg at 2d 23hrs. If I unfog now and get it hatched out will it be purple? Or does it need to go lower still?  

I unfogged an egg at that time and hatched blue. No incubation used.

it will be blue, it needs to be lower for purple (we think)

Edited by Sirithiliel

Lower. The one I unfogged at 2d 23 hatched blue.

So far all the ones I've been tracking in the hatcheries are working according to the time theories that's been suggested here for blues and greens.