TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Anyone get a purple Siyat yet :3 ? Anyone know the trick?

1 minute ago, dommybomb said:

Anyone get a purple Siyat yet :3 ? Anyone know the trick?

As far as I can tell no one has seen the evasive Purple and the mystery continues. 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

As far as I can tell no one has seen the evasive Purple and the mystery continues. 

Oh man! 😮Well, I'll keep collecting Siyat eggs then!

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

In my experience, no matter what colour you want, you'll first get at least 3-4 eggs of the other colour 😋

Sounds about right...  I now have two Eggs that I have not incubated, only gendered M & F, and until further notice on this Purple thing, will just leave alone to see what happens...

Maybe I'll be forced to use my prize privilege to just trade for purples. I never have tried neglecteds because I don't have the patience to have eggs sit there for a week, these guys are pushing it now. 

I'm actually surprised we didn't see them just a day lower than the normal. That's already two days added to those of us who rely on incubate to keep things moving, now it'll be 3+ days?

I know people are saying incubating to 5 days makes a green,

but has anyone incubated under 4 days to see what happens?

Might try when and if one of my Red BSA's has incubation available. 

17 hours ago, tjekan said:

Then wouldn't it be ironic if the eggs of the lowly green litebrites-- undoubtedly usually the ones stolen by humans, since the purples would keep theirs guarded-- are the ones who end up becoming more powerful than any of the others of their breed due to being raised by humans as nestmates of zyus, Avatars, xenos and other mightier dragon breeds? 🙂

:) Part of me likes this idea, and this applies to green OR blue OR purple.

I am glad the spriter has said that these guys are being read somewhat wrong. AND even if they weren't, as I have said before... it IS canon that for some breeds being raised with humans and other dragons shifts their behavior from that of their wild kin ( like H-Fires) so why NOT these guys too. Even IF they were every BIT as oppressive to their differently colored brethren as some have concluded. That is in the wild, the ones on our scrolls may well have learned better.

My head canon is that my litebrites don't have the same prejudices that their wild cousins do?

I am assuming that their 'colorism' to whatever extent it exists is a purely learned behavior and IF they weren't brought up that way, they wouldn't ACT that way?

I really LIKE how @blockEdragon put it...

I kinda doubt that they actually hatch dumber, it seems kinda fishy since:

1. dragons are stated to be fully developed rather early in their cycle and just sitting in their egg (it's more likely that all that sitting inside the egg just messes with oversensitive pigments or something)

2. humans have had...Similar beliefs about certain folks being inferior them in intelligence and used it to justify mistreatment.

Wouldn't the purples benefit from fostering the belief that they are entitled to better treatment based on a birthright? Kinda like how nobility liked making fairy tales that glorify royalty and submission to royalty and it's values. 

I always make it a general policy to never easily trust the words of someone who would gain a lot from lying to me and the dragons have no proof other than something that sounds fishy when compared to the rest of the site's lore and they have everything to gain from keeping higher status at the cost of the others well being, thus taxing their ability to compete later in life and overthrow you while conveniently filling in your "logical" conclusion that they're naturally inferior and that's why they're worse off.

It seems more likely to me that there's no real difference and it's just a elitist superstition.

But that's the joy of adoption, you take those eggs out of that and they can all prosper and grow together, don't hate the breed, you raise them so you can raise them better! That's what's so heartwarming about raising this breed.

Imagine those green , able to grow up alongside the purple ones and the blue ones together, not tied down by their birth or their parents and grandparents elitism, and their children and children's children can prosper without it, as brothers and sisters, not separate groups to be treated a certain way based on the circumstances of their birth.

This. So MUCH this. The descrip even uses the words 'believed to be'.

I can buy that the dragons in the wild hold those beliefs... I don't necessarily buy it makes them TRUE.

That is why I like all three colors and give all three a happy home int he Clan of the Java Tiger.

Edited by JavaTigress

I never seem to have enough egg slots as it is for all the dragons I want to breed. Tying up an egg slot for so long with one dragon is going to be a major p i t a! But because the purples are my favorite of these I will at least struggle to get my scroll goal of 8 CBs. After that, I don't know. I really wish it had been as simple as the 3 day rotation that we thought. :( I have 4 eggs on my scroll right now between 5 days 9 and 5 days 23 (unincubated). I plan on holding them all unhatched until somebody gets a purple or two to determine for sure what the mechanic is. 

I've got eggs between 3d 12ish hr and 6days, holding. 😕 still about two days out for me, at the earliest ?

51 minutes ago, TacticianLyra said:

Are Siyats sorted by color?

I'd hope so. I manually sorry my scroll, so I'll just do them by color myself, but I hope the breed name sort will do them by color and not all mixed. Are there breeds it mixes, like gemshards and nebs?

So, as I understand, in order to find out the timings for Purple Siyat:

For those who used Incubate: Wait till 0 day and 23 hours left before unfogging/hatching

For everyone else: Wait till 1 day 23 hours left before unfogging/hatching

And right now, none of the eggs since release have reached those times yet.

Is this correct?

Edited by scalesofgrey

Maybe something like every +3 days/eggs old equals colour? It'd keep with the '3' pattern going on.

Under 3 days = Green

3-6 days = Blue

Over 6 days = Purple

??

8 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

So, as I understand, in order to find out the timings for Purple Siyat:

For those who used Incubate: Wait till 0 day and 23 hours left before unfogging/hatching

For everyone else: Wait till 1 day 23 hours left before unfogging/hatching

And right now, none of the eggs since release have reached those times yet.

Is this correct?

supposedly, yes. new eggs at the start of release were hatched too early and got greens or blues

i have 1 egg at 3days6hours, and i'm going to keep it fogged until tomorrow afternoon when it'll be under 2 days and see what i get. I'm not sure if anyone has a lower time egg to experiment on right now, so at the latest we can see if under 2days hatches a purple, or if it has to be under 1 day if i get a blue

Edited by Sirithiliel

I kind of hope we’re just missing something. Why break the pattern on these? Just to further emphasize how annoying they are to get? Blerghhh...

Greens NEED incubate to obtain; blues seem to be default; is there something we NEED to do for purples?

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I kind of hope we’re just missing something. Why break the pattern on these? Just to further emphasize how annoying they are to get? Blerghhh...

Greens NEED incubate to obtain; blues seem to be default; is there something we NEED to do for purples?

i can always ward my egg when it hatches tomorrow, or would ti be better to try it un-warded and see what happens at under 2 days?

if i get a blue tomorrow, we'll know it could require being under 1 day, or has to be under 2 days and warded? I've got 3 other eggs lined up to experiment on, but they're all at 5 days so it'll be a while before htey're ready

I believe that the Siyat color mechanic could have been much better. I would have been fine with a hatching day rotation cycle of purple/blue/green instead of having too hold these eggs for almost seven days just to get a purple Siyat.

I will not be collecting anymore after  these last four hatch.

6 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i have 1 egg at 3days6hours, and i'm going to keep it fogged until tomorrow afternoon when it'll be under 2 days and see what i get. I'm not sure if anyone has a lower time egg to experiment on right now, so at the latest we can see if under 2days hatches a purple, or if it has to be under 1 day if i get a blue

I have two at 3 days 2 hrs and am also planning to wait until under 2 days to try hatching one (if that doesn't work, then under 1 for the second).

1 hour ago, Ribombee said:

To the people asking why it’s a big deal for some that the purples take up an egg spot: for lineage breeders, it is. No, the scroll goal may not be to have as many dragons as fast as possible, but managing several lineages takes a ton of scroll space all the time. It means constantly raising eggs and/or catching good trade fodder to use as trade bait for needed mates. I’m not personally complaining. The mechanic is annoying to me, but it’s tolerable. I’m explaining why some people ARE so bothered by it. I’ll likely just trade for a few purples and be done with them. 

As a lineage breeder, I'd rather an egg take a spot for longer and be guaranteed the correct alt than an RNG like Nebulas or Gemshards. I do wish the Blue alt window hadn't turned out to be so long, though. 

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

So far the main assumption is that one has to wait until there is less than one day left.

However, it would be interesting (and scary) if the purples would only appear when the egg is traded or picked from the AP (giving it an extra day).

15 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

It's unincubated, right? If it hatches blue when it reaches under 2 days (aka, under 1 day for an incubated egg in a similar scenario), won't that mean you can't get purple if you use Incubate at all?

4 minutes ago, Bugzilla said:

So far the main assumption is that one has to wait until there is less than one day left.

However, it would be interesting (and scary) if the purples would only appear when the egg is traded or picked from the AP (giving it an extra day).

I thought the +1 day feature has been removed since 2010.

This is what the wiki said:

"In the past, eggs or hatchlings that were abandoned were given an additional day added to their timer (but never exceeding the 7 day marker); since May 21st, 2016, this feature has been removed as part of a range of updates to the site on DC's 10th birthday."

Edited by scalesofgrey

1 minute ago, scalesofgrey said:

It's unincubated, right? If it hatches blue when it reaches under 2 days (aka, under 1 day for an incubated egg in a similar scenario), won't that mean you can't get purple if you use Incubate at all?

it is unincubated, yes. I haven't incubated eggs since my first greens hatched

4 minutes ago, HopeUnbroken said:

I have two at 3 days 2 hrs and am also planning to wait until under 2 days to try hatching one (if that doesn't work, then under 1 for the second).

i look forward to your results since you'll get them 4 hours earlier than me if you hatch them under 2 days, it could help me decide to wait longer on mine or hatch them then

Meh, I feel bad being negative here. They are pretty dragons. But I just don’t think a time delay is a fun mechanic, especially when it’s looking like even more than two days of waiting. I could make a GoT kinda dragon where you have to kill a different egg before it can hatch, but while that would be an INTERESTING mechanic, it would not be a FUN mechanic.

@Sirithiliel up to you. Maybe ward just in case? At worst it does nothing, but at best—

1 hour ago, Ribombee said:

To the people asking why it’s a big deal for some that the purples take up an egg spot: for lineage breeders, it is. No, the scroll goal may not be to have as many dragons as fast as possible, but managing several lineages takes a ton of scroll space all the time. It means constantly raising eggs and/or catching good trade fodder to use as trade bait for needed mates. I’m not personally complaining. The mechanic is annoying to me, but it’s tolerable. I’m explaining why some people ARE so bothered by it. I’ll likely just trade for a few purples and be done with them. 

I breed lineages constantly too - I do collect, but lineages are my biggest THING. And there is the small matter of nebbies in a lot of them. Even so - sure, we have to wait. It really won't hurt us. I also have high scroll goals - technically I need 8 of each colour of these. YEAH RIGHT !

But It is a part of the game. A new wrinkle, but still. And I honestly thing it is GOOD for ALL of us to have to have a bit of patience. We don't NEED to get t that 8th gen today. WE can wait for that too.

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Meh, I feel bad being negative here. They are pretty dragons. But I just don’t think a time delay is a fun mechanic, especially when it’s looking like even more than two days of waiting. I could make a GoT kinda dragon where you have to kill a different egg before it can hatch, but while that would be an INTERESTING mechanic, it would not be a FUN mechanic.

@Sirithiliel up to you. Maybe ward just in case? At worst it does nothing, but at best—

good point. I'll see what HopeUnbroken gets with their egg before deciding what age to hatch mine at

i feel bad being negative too, but i'm nto tying up a egg slot this long =P my plan is to get my scroll goals of purples...and then if i use them in a lineage, it'll be CB purples that start the lineage, and then i'll use blues, then i'll use greens. A fading color effect. That way i never have to breed purples after i get my CBs

-AHHH

I just realized TJ is the hugest troll ever giving us this release to “make up for lost time!” TJ is a monster. X’D