Jump to content
TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, pixiezbite said:

You could tell, and most time dragons multi clutched...same with black alts...eggs were just a tad darker...eta-when they multi clutched it was easier to tell if you had an atl, I recall many times sitting there staring at them to try to figure out if one was just a bit darker than the others-lol

Oh my god, I completely forgot about those!!! *-* 

Having nostalgic monents right now xD

 

Can we have something like that back again?! An annoyingly close colourscheme for a dragon egg and its Alt? :3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This started in 2008, actually, when the alt Dark Greens were introduced. 10 years of randomness and mechanics! Celebrate! :D

 

Oh no, I know it STARTED then. I just mean it seems recently there have been an unusual number of mechanics/randoms in new releases. The ratio of normal versus mechanics/randoms seems have to have changed. It is probably more that TJ is releasing more of them rather than spriters making more of them, but either way, a return to the normal ratio for a bit might help people who are still struggling to catch up with all the other random/mechanic releases that have been occurring as of late. Just a thought, a supposition, since it does not actually affect me. I have enough CBs of everything other than this current release, and I generally just avoid making lineages with anything with mechanics. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have been keeping an eye on the Biomes with the Bedotteds for the past half an hour - seems they have kinda sorta dried up - at least for me. I AM locked at the mo' but just wanted to see how many were still dropping. Anyone else notice this? The ones I DID manage to snag today will be fogged for, like, forever til they can hatch PURPLE!! I do wish Corteo would weigh in at the end just before the thread gets closed with the real info on these and take pity on those of us who aren't into this kind of puzzle-solving.

 

OK, this last 5 min, I saw one in the Coast..

 

Edited by Oddsoxdi
saw one in the Coast

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

 I do wish Corteo would weigh in at the end just before the thread gets closed with the real info on these and take pity on those of us who aren't into this kind of puzzle-solving.

 

Agreed, I'd love it if we can get official confirmation, after people start getting purples. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Well, if the purples just require waiting til they are down to 2 days or even 1, then that will help get it sorted out for scroll goals.  If someone does not have the room/time/patience to get them, there are plenty of players who will go for those and happily trade for things they cannot catch so easily in cave, so they can be traded for.

 

Depends. People also have bad connections. I can catch pyrals now easily. They are fairly low trade fodder, difficult to even trade off for something decent. However, I know several people who can hardly find them because of their connections, and eventually I will be in that situation, as well. Country internet is notoriously terrible. Haha! It depends on what the purples end up going for. Just throwing out potential-yet-probably scenarios as to why people have complaints about the mechanics. :)

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Drag said:

I didn't say, you can't. I just wanted to remember, to not to take it to seriously. 

 

I don't mind criticism. 

 

Gosh. Why are you so hyped by that? Sorry, but I didn't thought anyone would be that upset about my comment. I didn't told, you to shut up or anything.

Talking about beeing easily offended. 

 

 

 

 

See now, we didn't think anybody would be so upset by our discussion. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post

It does seem that Siyats are getting more scarce in the biomes.... I'm wondering if it's because users not on the forums have hatched their first ones and have maybe seen a different color in hatcheries and are now scrambling to get the other colors somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be breeding my first green batch tomorrow. 

I also have an incubated siyat that I'm keeping fogged until it reaches 23 hours. If the thread isn't locked, I'll update on the color I get.

 

I also like the mimics. They look a lot like bats and for once, I understand all the references.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

It does seem that Siyats are getting more scarce in the biomes.... I'm wondering if it's because users not on the forums have hatched their first ones and have maybe seen a different color in hatcheries and are now scrambling to get the other colors somehow. 

 

That is my thought, too. I have seen some passing by, but they are going faster than they were yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Drag said:

Qualm down, everyone.

You are aware, that this is still only a game, are you? It is not like anyone is forcing you to play it.... 🤗

This.

Simply this.

Share this post


Link to post

My greens grow in 12hrs, is that about on par with the oldest hatchies? 

So I'll be guessing the thread will close shortly after and we'll have to move this convo elsewhere.

 

And adp, I totally just got what you said, TJ and his "lost time" looool

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Leneth. said:

This.

Simply this.

 

plenty of responses have been given to that, might want to give them a look over =P

namely: We're allowed to discuss mechanics, and how annoying they might be to us personally or to the playerbase. It's a game we love and want to succeed, and negative feed back worded politely is just as valuable as the ravings of 'THANK YOU SPRITERS YOU ARE AMAZING" that everyone seems to prefer to hear

 

telling people that they're not forced to play it is not a good response when people love the game and are voicing their frustrations over a new mechanic. That's the best and most surefire way to kill a game's playerbase

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully this thread will stay open until people have purple ones, as long as it doesn't devolve into a fight.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly it seems like most of the drama in these new release threads are a few people trying to tell others how to react/think/feel, and others trying to explain that they are allowed to voice their opinions. If everyone would just let everyone else be, it would be much easier. 

 

My earliest-hatched Siyat has about 12 hours until growing (well, if it grows on time).... So I'm guessing the thread will probably be closed around that time since people will be getting adults. I really really wish the thread would stay open until we figure out the mechanics for sure, but.... 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

nuttin' -- still no purples.

Ah, so the theory was off? Or are eggs still fogged for the experiment? :P

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 



namely: We're allowed to discuss mechanics, and how annoying they might be to us personally or to the playerbase. It's a game we love and want to succeed, and negative feed back worded politely is just as valuable as the ravings of 'THANK YOU SPRITERS YOU ARE AMAZING" that everyone seems to prefer to hear

 

telling people that they're not forced to play it is not a good response when people love the game and are voicing their frustrations over a new mechanic. That's the best and most surefire way to kill a game's playerbase

Well said!! Fist bumps to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sirithiliel said:

 

plenty of responses have been given to that, might want to give them a look over =P

I did 😊

And since most that commented seemed to be offended by the post, I wanted to say I agree. 

Its a game we play several different ways, and one is not more correct than the other. One is allowed to both play and comment different than the mainstrmainstream. 

Oh, and Im also one of those 24/7 working nurses,  but I still play 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Leneth. said:

This.

Simply this.

Please read all the comments made about that post.

I truly have seen very few people here who are not discussing this perfectly calmly! Just because we don't 100% like everything on the site doesn't mean we should stop playing (OR stop talking about what we don't like!) I am seriously addicted to this game and won't stop playing because of one mechanic that I don't like, but I think it is perfectly valid for me to make my opinion known. Please don't tell me otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post

whew, my 3rd blue has gendered female, giving me 2 males and 1 female. I was worried they were all going to be male at first

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly it seems like most of the drama in these new release threads are a few people trying to tell others how to react/think/feel, and others trying to explain that they are allowed to voice their opinions. If everyone would just let everyone else be, it would be much easier. 

 

My earliest-hatched Siyat has about 12 hours until growing (well, if it grows on time).... So I'm guessing the thread will probably be closed around that time since people will be getting adults. I really really wish the thread would stay open until we figure out the mechanics for sure, but.... 

I wish I knew how to do two quotes lol agree with above too.

It always seems like "issues" develop from those being uncomfortable with others voicing opinions, even in a civil discussion manner. They're uncomfortable with others being uncomfortable. 

 

It is just a game, and one we do love and as humans we want to solve things and know what's going on, nothing wrong with that. 

 

I'm sure the purples will be moved to another thread if we don't know by then, like dark luminas had their own

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Hi guys, could someone check if i understood correctly how the Syiat Dragons hatches?

 

28044lc.png

It seems like that but we don't know for sure yet

Share this post


Link to post

I understand green is not possible at all without incubate, the egg has to hatch earlier in real time.  And the times for purples are not yet known.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.