TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

5 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

It is just a game, and one we do love and as humans we want to solve things and know what's going on, nothing wrong with that. 

Good point! Most humans are naturally curious to a certain degree, and natural problem-solvers to a certain degree. When we see something we don't understand, the automatic response is to try to figure it out. And, because humans are impatient little things, sometimes figuring it out includes getting frustrated. 

2 minutes ago, 49ER said:

I understand green is not possible at all without incubate, the egg has to hatch earlier in real time.  And the times for purples are not yet known.

has someone already tried to hatch an egg completly without incubate but at the right time? (3,23 days left?)

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

They should be blue

thank you! think ill hatch two then and keep the other two to see what happens

I believe those were blue.  If I am wrong, then I hope someone says so I know to fog mine.

9 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Hi guys, could someone check if i understood correctly how the Syiat Dragons hatches?

28044lc.png

Without incubation, 3.23 days through 2 days seem to be blue. Two-day window. Anything prior to that seems to be green. We have yet to find out of 1.23-0 is in fact purple, but it is the prevailing theory.

2 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

has someone already tried to hatch an egg completly without incubate but at the right time? (3,23 days left?)

They have. They were blue.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly it seems like most of the drama in these new release threads are a few people trying to tell others how to react/think/feel, and others trying to explain that they are allowed to voice their opinions. If everyone would just let everyone else be, it would be much easier. 

My earliest-hatched Siyat has about 12 hours until growing (well, if it grows on time).... So I'm guessing the thread will probably be closed around that time since people will be getting adults. I really really wish the thread would stay open until we figure out the mechanics for sure, but.... 

You can always start a thread like the one trying to work out the luminas !

C'mon guys.  I understand that trying to figure out a new mechanic can be frustrating, but there's no reason to be getting snippy with each other over it.

I totally get why this would be frustrating, especially to players with various time constraints, but I'm generally okay with it, in part, because the game has implemented a lot of time reducing elements over the years. Incubate, trophies, in-game trading, influence - which was a huge one because misgendered dragons had to be replaced, and if it was a lineage dragon it required rebreeding. So this dragon may have a color variant that is more time consuming, but the game itself has been made much more compact time-wise.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I really like the increased trade value in this. I'm hoping that after the initial grab we're having now, these will move to a more common status. A lot of people can't catch rare dragons, they don't have CB metals to trade 2nd gens, they aren't connected into the social side of the game where friends might be able to gift those, etc. For them (again assuming a larger degree of commoness) they can greatly increase the value of their trade with an investment of time. A purple or two could probably get someone a Zyu or Xeno, and a bundle of them could be tempting to those who tend to come by CB metals more easily or are offering 2nd gen prizes and the like. I'm really in favor of ways to balance out the DC economy by adding more access to valuable dragons in the form of mechanics that involve things like time as a counter-weight to scarcity.

Just now, LadyLyzar said:

C'mon guys.  I understand that trying to figure out a new mechanic can be frustrating, but there's no reason to be getting snippy with each other over it.

sorry. mostly it's getting snippy at people telling us to stop being negative and to just quit the game if we don't like it :P

1 minute ago, Merlot said:

I had a non incubated 3day15hr egg hatch Green !

What?!?! So all the speculation is wrong? *headdesk*

Are you sure it was not incubated?

12 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I wish I knew 

It is just a game, and one we do love and as humans we want to solve things and know what's going on, nothing wrong with that. 

True. 

And I find all the puzzling and experiencing in this tread exiting 😁

3 minutes ago, Merlot said:

:o No! Tell me it isn't so!

4 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

We haven't been.  Really.  :)

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

sorry. mostly it's getting snippy at people telling us to stop being negative and to just quit the game if we don't like it :P

People have the right to discuss these dragons, along with their new mechanics, in this thread. As long as you do it civilly, it's fine. Those who don't wish to discuss the mechanics or prefer not to raise these dragons, that's fine too. This game is designed for various play styles and there's no one-size-fits-all. 

No one needs to stop posting about it or quit the game. Just try to enjoy yourselves learning about a new mechanic and dragon, and if you can't or don't want to, allow everyone else to enjoy it. 

Even the green ones can be tradeable.  There are a lot of users that don't have/use incubates, so the greens would have value to some as well

I’ve now seen two people post getting Greens during what should be the blue bracket. I wonder if there’s a small chance, like 1%, for them to miscolor?

8 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Welp, there goes all that theorizing!

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I’ve now seen two people post getting Greens during what should be the blue bracket. I wonder if there’s a small chance, like 1%, for them to miscolor?

Oh goodness I really really hope not. 

Hm. I was holding a few to get blues. Maybe I shouldn't...

8 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

What?!?! So all the speculation is wrong? *headdesk*

Are you sure it was not incubated?

I got two unincubated hatchlings well below four days that turned out green, too.

11 minutes ago, Merlot said:

If it's the one that was caught on the 31st and hatched today, I think it would have to have been incubated, unless my math is very wrong...